“A beautiful and wonderfully run bed and breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of England House B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Flagstaff
England House B&B
Ranked #2 of 12 Flagstaff B&B and Inns
San Francisco, California
“A beautiful and wonderfully run bed and breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2011

I've stayed at twenty or thirty bed and breakfasts in my life, in many countries across the globe, and I'm pretty sure I've never stayed at one as lovely and well-run as the England House.

My girlfriend and I were warmly welcomed by the owners who loved telling us about the history of the England House (complete with photos and newspaper articles from the 1800s...the history is pretty fascinating, I definitely recommend asking to look through the photo album of the house).

When I grumbled to my girlfriend in the kitchen that I had left my razor at home, the owner disappeared and returned a few minutes later with a brand new Bic for me.

I think the most amazing thing was that the couple who run it make the guests feel at home and pampered with luxury at the same time. Also, it was nice that the England House was such a short walk to downtown. I could not recommend the England House more.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Worthing
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2010

Having stayed in a B&B in California in 2009, we decided to repeat the experience again this year in Arizona. We were not disappointed, The England house is beautiful. The proprietors Richard and Laurel are understandably proud of their establishment and its history and our welcome included an informative tour of the house. The rooms are beautifully presented with good facilities. We were made to feel at home and encouraged to raid the fridge at will. Richard was so helpful with local knowledge and tips on local attractions and restaurants. Flagstaff is well situated and the Grand Canyon is easily accessible. Other places not to be missed are Walnut Canyon, Sunset Crater and the Arizona Snowbowl. We managed to do all these three in a day. Flagstaff is compact but has a good selection of restaurants.

Fair Lawn, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2010

Richard and Laurel were wonderful! Not only were they the perfect hosts (always having wine, coffee, and other yummy goodies available for our taking) but they were great tour guides. They're most important rule for us was to feel comfortable and have a great time. I could smell breakfast every morning from my room and the taste did not disappoint! Using only organic 'real' foods to prepare I was always excited for what the flavor of the day would be. I even got to take home the recipe for the banana granola deliciousness I had as an appetizer at breakfast one morning (which I am excited to try at home with a scoop of vanilla ice cream)! They have a huge collection of menus for downtown Flagstaff, all within walking distance, with wonderful recommendations and a map to point my husband and I in the right direction... literally! The bed and breakfast is just down the street from the Lowell Observatory where my husband and I were able to view Jupiter and about an hour away from the Grand Canyon. Richard and Laurel directed us to other landmarks along the way and showed us where else to visit on our way out of Flagstaff. My only regret is that our trip wasn't longer. Fabulous hosts, fabulous B&B!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Encinitas, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2010

The only thing better than the owners is the bed and breakfast itself. The rooms were beautiful with period antiques and they all had their own bathrooms. It is located within walking distance of downtown and we were told of all of the best places for anything we were looking for.
The owners,Richard and Laurel Dunn, were ment to do what they are doing. They make you feel like you have known them for years and are close friends.
My wife and I have stayed there several times and are eagerly looking forward to going again.

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2010

Stayed just two nights and wished we had stayed in Flagstaff for longer. Iif we ever return England House with Richard and Laurel will be the accommodation we choose. It was just "fantastic".

Mesa, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2010

We spent a night at the England House and weren't disappointed. The house has been beautifully restored and decorated. Simply, ask Richard a couple questions and his passion for the house and its restoration is obvious. He was a wonderful host. We never met Laurel but were impressed with her decorating - everything was beautifully done.

We'll definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2010

Laurel and Richard made us comfortable and their knowledge of the area, attractions, and restaurants exceeded our expectations. The house has been restored with care and the tin ceilings are remarkable. The breakfast is at a set time 0830 and is not to be missed. Laurel's cookies did major damage to my waistline and I could not pass up the cookie jar! Great hosts and a charming house - do not miss it if in the area.