“An unforgettable get-away!”
Review of England House B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Flagstaff
England House B&B
Ranked #2 of 11 Flagstaff B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 February 2011

Our stay at the England House began when we were greeted by our gracious hostess, Laurel, with freshly baked chocolate chip cookies to take on the tour of the historic house. In tasteful decor of the charming place was evidenced a loving touch. The breakfasts, served on depression glass and elegant plates, were amazing! At the England House, no detail is overlooked. From restaurant menus to help-yourself Dove bars to make-up remover in the room, it is clear that Laurel and Richard think constantly of what it would be like to be a guest at their establishment. My husband and I didn't know what to expect from a B & B. We couldn't have dreamed up a more memorable experience! Laurel and Richard set the bar high! We look forward to returning to the England House!

• Stayed: February 2011

Reviewed 23 January 2011

My wife and I recently spent our one year anniversary in Flagstaff where we stayed at the England house B&B. The amount of detail work completed on this house was incredible...with a very reasonable price. Our hosts, Richard and Laurel were very pleasant, helpful and a great couple to run this B&B. The food is delicious and the atmosphere is relaxing and represents a very refreshing slower pace of life (a nice departure from my engineering / office space environment) ; no TV or signs of increasing bombardment of technology. Richard and Laurel also pointed us to some great restaurants in the area and have many great stories to tell on their home refurbishment. We shall be returning again!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ScottBillings
Reviewed 15 January 2011

Really loved this bed and breakfast. I stayed there with my wife for a three-day winter getaway, and we really enjoyed ourselves. Flagstaff is a great little town - nice restaurants, a beautiful historic district, and fun shopping. There is also many great sights that are just a drive away, such as the Grand Canyon and Meteor Crater. However, I was perhaps most impressed on our trip by England house. The house has a lot of history, but has been beautifully restored. From the stone walls to the tin plated ceilings it really feels like a luxury hotel rather than an old house. There is a full kitchen that has snacks and drinks for the guests. The breakfast that is served each morning is to die for! Victorian eggs, boiled blackberries, and stuffed croissants! I was astounded each day at the gourmet meals Laurel & Richard prepared for us. The guest dining room is cozy, but outfitted like a five-star restaurant. Each meal had several courses, and they were all delicious. The room we stayed in was beautiful, and very comfortable. I am definitely looking forward to my next stay at England House!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2011

My mother and I stayed at England House for 3 nights. I had thought that I would be charmed enough by the victorian decor and the mountain home feel but this is much more than that. Richard restored the inside personally and both he and Laurel take great care in its upkeep. The attention paid to detail is what brings out the value here. I appreciated the little things that are hard to maintain in an old house. The lighting was well thought-out with many options, the plumbing was reliable and modern, the shower pressure and temperature were perfect. The sheets and towels were the softest possible. The towels are also very large which is great for long hair. There are soft lights on through common areas to allow folks to wander safely. The fresh cookies & organic fruit available all day were an extra treat. Laurel even lent us hats and gloves to keep us warm at the Grand Canyon. On Christmas day they gave each guest an ornament. They really try to make you feel like family. Easy access to town & surrounding areas. Very safe location, well secured. Parking available on grounds.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed 2 January 2011

I've stayed at twenty or thirty bed and breakfasts in my life, in many countries across the globe, and I'm pretty sure I've never stayed at one as lovely and well-run as the England House.

My girlfriend and I were warmly welcomed by the owners who loved telling us about the history of the England House (complete with photos and newspaper articles from the 1800s...the history is pretty fascinating, I definitely recommend asking to look through the photo album of the house).

When I grumbled to my girlfriend in the kitchen that I had left my razor at home, the owner disappeared and returned a few minutes later with a brand new Bic for me.

I think the most amazing thing was that the couple who run it make the guests feel at home and pampered with luxury at the same time. Also, it was nice that the England House was such a short walk to downtown. I could not recommend the England House more.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 December 2010

Having stayed in a B&B in California in 2009, we decided to repeat the experience again this year in Arizona. We were not disappointed, The England house is beautiful. The proprietors Richard and Laurel are understandably proud of their establishment and its history and our welcome included an informative tour of the house. The rooms are beautifully presented with good facilities. We were made to feel at home and encouraged to raid the fridge at will. Richard was so helpful with local knowledge and tips on local attractions and restaurants. Flagstaff is well situated and the Grand Canyon is easily accessible. Other places not to be missed are Walnut Canyon, Sunset Crater and the Arizona Snowbowl. We managed to do all these three in a day. Flagstaff is compact but has a good selection of restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2010

Richard and Laurel were wonderful! Not only were they the perfect hosts (always having wine, coffee, and other yummy goodies available for our taking) but they were great tour guides. They're most important rule for us was to feel comfortable and have a great time. I could smell breakfast every morning from my room and the taste did not disappoint! Using only organic 'real' foods to prepare I was always excited for what the flavor of the day would be. I even got to take home the recipe for the banana granola deliciousness I had as an appetizer at breakfast one morning (which I am excited to try at home with a scoop of vanilla ice cream)! They have a huge collection of menus for downtown Flagstaff, all within walking distance, with wonderful recommendations and a map to point my husband and I in the right direction... literally! The bed and breakfast is just down the street from the Lowell Observatory where my husband and I were able to view Jupiter and about an hour away from the Grand Canyon. Richard and Laurel directed us to other landmarks along the way and showed us where else to visit on our way out of Flagstaff. My only regret is that our trip wasn't longer. Fabulous hosts, fabulous B&B!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple