“Stayed here for the night on they way to...”

Super 8 Flagstaff I-40 Ex 198 Lucky Lane
Ranked #32 of 64 Hotels in Flagstaff
“Stayed here for the night on they way to...”
Reviewed 5 October 2010

Stayed here for the night on they way to grand canyon. Rooms were clean, alot better then I expected. Room smelled like flowers. staff was friendy but didnt know much about things to do in the area, which was odd. Recommend salsa bravia for dinner. Great mexican food and only a couple miles away.

• Stayed October 2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Ok
Reviewed 7 July 2010

We recently drove to California ffor vacation. We stopped here for a quick rest on our way, the hotel was clean and the front dest staff was helpful. They serve a hot breakfast which was great for our family. They included waffles, cereal, bagels and the usual continental breakfast. The hotel was overall a very good stay for a quick rest. :)

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Upland, CA
Reviewed 29 April 2010

I only stayed at this hotel one night and it wasn't my first choice. Based on TripAdvisor reviews, I was trying to stay at the Howard Johnson's in the same area but they had a tour bus full of people who booked the entire hotel, so they referred us to this Super 8. I wasn't excited about it, but I needed a place to sleep, so I gave it a shot. I was pleasantly surprised! The guy at the front desk was efficient and courteous, and the room was clean and well maintained - everything worked, and the bed was surprisingly comfortable. Maybe its because I don't expect much from a Super 8, but I had a pleasant stay at this one.

• Stayed April 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 29 January 2010

The lobby, room, & bathroom was nice and clean. Inside doors were a plus. Convenient access to I-40. $10/pet/night fee was higher than at other locations (us. $5/night or no fee). Desk clerk at check in was extremely friendly & she obviously is a dog lover. Decent food for bkft, but nothing fancy. Quick internet access. Check out was quick & clerk was friendly. Downside was highway & train noise, but overall slept well.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
Phoenix
Reviewed 2 August 2009

On 08-01-2009, my boyfriend and I stayed for 1 night at this hotel. My boyfriend is Hearing Impaired and has a small (12 lb) well trained Service Dog. When we checked in the night before, we had no problems. However, when we went to the lobby in the morning, where the Continental Breakfast was being served, the man behind the counter told us to take the dog outside. I let him know - calmly - that the dog is a service dog, and by Federal Law is allowed to stay with her owner at all times. He started raising his voice and telling me he didn't care, that we still had to take the dog outside, and she couldn't be around the food in the lobby. I informed him again that the Federal Law states that she is allowed to be with the owner at all times, even in restaurant type settings, which she has been many times before. He started yelling at me to get her out, at which time I asked to see the Manager. He informed me that he is the "Owner", and came around the desk at us in a very menacing manner. We have a witness that was with us at the time, along with other guests in the lobby - which we did not know.

I told him we would go elsewhere and would never stay in this hotel again, and would file a complaint with Super 8 and Wyndham Rewards (who I booked the reservation with).
We are also looking into a lawsuit against Super 8 for his discriminatory, embarrasing, humiliating and menacing behaviour.

At the least, ALL of the employees at ALL hotels are required to abide by the Federal Laws on Disabilities.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank skh1974

Travellers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed 9 June 2009

We planned to have a nice 3 day weekend with a train trip to the Grand Canyon and wanted to view the stars through the telescopes at Lowell Observatory. The train trip was enjoyable and entertaining. The view into the canyon was remarkable but the weather didn't co-operate for us to use the facilities at Lowell. The location was OK and near I-40 with easy access. Now as for the hotel, I will NOT use Super 8 again if this is representative of their properties. 1) Upon entering there is an overhead light near the entrance that is operated by EITHER of two wall switches at the door (one wall switch plate) ???. 2) The floor obviousely hadn't been vaccumed as evidenced by peanuts and shells near the open closet/kithcen area. 3) We had to wash the table before we could be seated because it was so sticky. 4) One of the two chairs provided was actually coming apart (at least 4 joints were open and could have easily been repaired with some furniture glue). 5) The toilet bowl had a large paint can ring between the tank and seat. 6) The bathroom vinyl baseboards had dried paint dripping down along the entire length. 7) The bathtub was dirty and the top of the tub surround also had paint drips and poorly applied caulking. 8) They do have a jacuzzi (which no one used) but the "Heated outdoor pool" actually belonged to the hotel next door. 9) On our last day, our grandson who was traveling with us told of ants in his bed. 10) On our first day, the door would not lock so access into the room DIDN'T require a key. (The manager had to manipulate the lock for it to work).

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2009

We stayed here purely to visit the Grand Canyon; from here the Canyon was about 90miles / 1h 30mins drive. The Hotel was clean, comfortable and the rooms where fairly sized. Our particular room had a sofa which was a pleasant surprise. Breakfast was pretty good also with bagels and waffles. The area seemed safe but was located off the interstate a couple of miles outside of downtown flagstaff. We also visited the meteor crater which is about 30miles from here. I would definitely stay here again as it’s a good base to visit the attractions mentioned. If you are looking for something more livelily though then I wouldn’t stay here.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple