“Brilliant food and knowledgeable staff”

Brix Restaurant and Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Brix Restaurant and Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 345 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Dale
Midlands
“Brilliant food and knowledgeable staff”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Great to get fine dining after a lot of average meals. Steve (I think!) our server, was one of the most knowledgeable people I've encountered in a restaurant and couldn't do enough for us. A brilliant experience and worth every cent.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank AnneDM

Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pricey”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Kind of expensive for what you get. Food was really average. Service was great. Wine was semi expensive.

Visited September 2013
“Great food and wine”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Brix's website described itself as "casual fine dining and wine bar" - I'd say this is a pretty fair description of what it offers. I was passing through Flagstaff last year as a solo traveller and stopped in for some early evening food as it had been recommended to me by the hotel I was staying in (which is right behind the restaurant and also very good) and didn't want to stray too far from the hotel. It's certainly very casual, which appealed to me. I was able to sit at the bar and order off the restaurant menu. As a European I'd describe the food and atmosphere as "bistro" style. I ordered a couple of dishes, including a squid starter and a pork main - both were well cooked and very tasty. Pretty good value too. I asked the waiter (barman!) to suggest some good wines to go with the food and he came up with some great matches. The staff are all very easy going but professional, which is the ideal combination as far as I'm concerned. If this place were in my home town here in the UK I would certainly spend more time there eating and drinking. It was filling up a bit by the time I left so I'd suggest booking is a good idea, especially at weekends.

• Visited October 2012
Chandler, Arizona
“Good food.”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We enjoyed the food. Wish we had known that there was a very nice patio out back that we could have used. They showed it to us after our meal. We were right at the front door which was a little distracting and unromantic.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Karen E
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great Boutique Style Restaurant”
Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had a wonderful evening at Brix on a recent road trip. The service was fabulous as was the food and wine! We hope to plan a trip back in the near future.

• Visited September 2013