“Nice place”

Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff
Ranked #3 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed 16 October 2011

As hotels-attached-to-conference-centers go, this one was pretty decent. I somehow ended up with a suite room, which had a separate living area with a small kitchen and an extra tv, so that was nice.

The staff here are excellent. During breakfast, one of them walks around picking up dirty plates and chatting with guests, which seems unusual to me. She's friendly and helpful.

The rooms were okay; I wasn't thrilled about walking around barefoot so it didn't pass my dirty test. I agree with a previous reviewer that there weren't enough covers on the bed, and I was also leery of getting the ones that were there near my face, so I ended up sleeping a little cold. The bathroom was spotless, so that's why this earns a "very good" instead of "average".

My biggest complaint was the noise; I'm a light sleeper and had major problems staying asleep here. Doors slammed constantly, and in addition to the doors there was a separate loud banging noise (inner building result from the doors?) that went on all night. Toilets flushing and showers from the 4+ rooms surrounding me pretty much did me in. Even if you are lucky enough to have quiet people surrounding you, just the hotel noises are enough to annoy someone. Bring earplugs!

One other issue which is indirectly related to the Drury specifically but worth mentioning: I was one of the unlucky few to arrive into the Flagstaff airport and attempt to get into town without a car -- big mistake. None of the hotels here, except for the Radison, offer shuttle service to the airport which is silly because it's 8 minutes away. Several of us flew in for a conference, and stood outside the airport waiting for a cab for an HOUR AND A HALF -- as if traveling all day wasn't bad enough, we then couldn't get to our hotel! I'm told cabs sometimes sit outside the airport waiting when flights come in, but there wasn't one to be found, and although we called 5 cab companies, no one ever showed up to get us. I'd still be there, but we managed to bribe the Radison driver to take us to the Radison with the guests staying there, and then we walked to the Drury. The Drury was completely unhelpful, even though we called several times and told them we were stuck and couldn't get into town. The whole situation is something I'd care never to repeat.

Room Tip: Go for a top floor so you don't have to listen to as many toilets flushing!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank MadisonsTravels07

Reviewed 14 October 2011

We spent one night in the hotel. I did not realize when I booked it that it was attached to a conference center. The room was noisy with slamming doors and people singing in the shower. I stayed with young children as we were traveling cross-country. There were not enough covers and blankets on the bed. The room was clean and the room was average sized. Breakfast would have been nice except for the wait staff who talked non-stop to me and my family and were constantly trying to clear the plates. The hotel was too busy for a mom with young children but would be nice for business travelers. I would not recommend this hotel for families. There are only two elevators for this hotel and you can wait some time before they arrive.

1  Thank Lisa M
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2011

Thank you for your feedback!. While many of our customers are tourists and families, we do have corporate customers as well, who take advantage of the connected conference center on Northern Arizona University's campus. If guests are ever in need of extra pillows or blankets, we are more than happy to deliver! A quick call to the front desk team will get that done. We also put an extra blanket in the bottom dresser drawer in each room, just in case. We are sorry to hear that your stay was less than what you expected and we hope you give us another try in the future!

Reviewed 12 October 2011

My wife and I had never stayed at a Drury Inn before. If this is typical, we will definitely stay at other Drury Inns. There really isn't anything bad to say about this hotel. The hotel was clean and very quiet. The complimentary breakfast was one of the best we have seen. Guests at the hotel are invited to the Manager's reception at 5:30 and can make it their dinner. My wife and I found this hotel to be very green friendly.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2011

This was our first stay at a Drury Inn and we will definately stay with them any time again. Room was spacious and clean, staff was friendly and helpful. Our dog was happy to sit on the balcony and 'people watch'. Both breakfast and the '5:30 KickBack' were good. Overall a great stay. We will look for Drury Inns on future trips.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2011

We stayed 2 nights at the Drury Inn. We had read the comments about slamming door noise so took a suite since we are light sleepers. This strategy worked in that the bedroom was separated from the corridor by an additional door and we heard no troublesome noise at all. Even the super long freight trains, winding their way through central Flagstaff and visible from our 6th floor balcony, didn’t disturb us.
The 5.30pm drinks and food reception was a nice touch, and the breakfast buffet was wholly adequate with hot and cold food and waffle machines.
The suite was lovely – I wouldn’t mind a city center pad like this!
The first night it was absolutely pouring with rain so we substituted our walk to down town restaurants for a 20 yard dash across the street to 1899 Bar which had space to eat at the bar for excellent steaks, friendly clientele, and an unusually varied and good value wine list (they do a 4 glass sampler for $8!)
The hotel is well placed for strolling around the delightful downtown historic area, but also has an easy to use well lit multi story car park with a 2nd floor enclosed walkway into the hotel.
Couldn't fault anything! Was sorry to check out. Wish all travel was this easy!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2011

We recently needed a hotel that could offer a handicap room with a lot of amenities. The Drury Inn was able to meet our needs by providing breakfast, a Manager's Reception (that was acceptable for dinner) and laundry facilities. All this was required as a good friend of ours daugther was in an terrible accident up in Flagstaff. They wanted to be close to NAU and you can't find a hotel closer then this, as it's on the campus.The GM and staff went above and beyond for our friends and were extremely thoughtful and very helpful during this very stressful time. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone who wants a place to stay that is clean and comfortable. We cannot thank them enough for everything they did for us.

Reviewed 3 October 2011

I liked this hotel very much. The breakfast was substantial and a definate time saver. The 5:00 kickback was fun although we only made it to that on one of our three nights there as we did a lot of sightseeing and didn't get back until very late. The staff was friendly and gave great advice as to the best places to go to view the Grand Canyon, Painted Desert, and other local photo ops. My only dislike might be the blankets on the bed were a little thin and it got a tad chilly, but I'm certain they would have brought me additional blankets if I'd bothered to ask. If you get a room on the front side of the building the view is lovely.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view, it's gorgeous in the morning