“The good, the bad, and then the ugly”

Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff
Ranked #3 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Las Vegas, Nevada
“The good, the bad, and then the ugly”
Reviewed 2 April 2012

This was my first stay at a Drury property and I would say I have mixed reviews. Now, I know this is a limited service hotel and I am writing this review based on this. Now folks I see that this company has a few different types of brands, but mostly this company provides Limited Service. There will not be 30 employees waiting hand and foot on you for $49-159 per night. I was here on a one night stay and I had rented the Two room suite. Not to confuse folks a hotel suite by definition is "two rooms" But before I get ahead of myself I'll base my rating on the following observations:
-Check in: How long I had to wait, Cheerfulness of the Staff, If any mistakes were made, etc..
-Appearance: Public areas, guest room, F&B(food and beverage)
-Amenities: Whats offered, compared to industry standards of the same category of hotel

Check In:
The wait in line was not very long less than 5 minutes, there was not much of a line to begin with. The front desk clerk was cheerful enough. He took my information, registered me to my room and issued keys this only took a minute or two. The front desk clerk mentioned about their 530 Kickback which was nice because as a weary traveler it was about time to have a drink, and its free. Mistakes the Front Desk Clerk had made. I saw there was advertizement for the hotels frequent stay program but the Front Desk Clerk didn't ask me if I wanted to sign up or not ( This isn't a big deal really I just like to see that kind of service.) But a mistake the Front Desk Clerk did make was that he said my room number out loud, That is a huge mistake. No hotel staff should ever give out guest information out loud. Its just not safe.
Over all check in was normal

Appearance
Now this is where this hotel had really shined. The lobbies were clean the hallway were spotless. The only mess I saw was from the families in the dining area for the hotels drinks and dogs special,which was not bad at all. The room was fantastic!. No problems with the lights, fixtures, the bathroom was well stocked. Besides the two double beds in the bedroom there was a pull out couch in the living room. I opened this up and found this hotel does not put sheets on their mattress for the couch. There was lots of evidence of a few "accidents" which made it to the mattress. I would have spent the extra time to keep the sheets on the couch-bed if it were my hotel. The hotel is extremely well located near the NAU campus. And within walking distance there is a nice looking bar/lounge.

The amenities were standard, good quality things. The TVs were flat screen HD TVs with good channels. Everything was normal.

Now the Ugly, this is a pet friendly hotel which is becoming popular and I don't like it There was a dog that started barking around 3 am and didnt stop until about 430. Now I know the hotel doesn't have control over guest behavior, but man I was ticked off. It was too late for me to move to a different room, and I didn't really feel like leaving my room and pounding on the dog owners door to tell them to shut that mutt up! (even though I felt like it) I really believe that when you have pets and your traveling you should leave the animal at home. Unless you need one to assist you with daily activities of course, but if not, its rude to other people around you.

Overall the facility was fantastic, staff was friendly and helpful, but I got a bad roll of the dice and had a bad neighbor. I would stay here again but next time to see if I can stay away from the dog.

Room Tip: The hotel staff knows which rooms have pets and which rooms don't. Ask for a room away from the...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Vegas1824

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 2 April 2012

There are tons of hotels in Flagstaff, many of which are complete dives. The Drury Inn is not one of them. The staff is extremely friendly. Don't expect much from their kickback. It is not dinner, it is appetizers and beverages. Breakfast is better. The menus have very little variation. If you are looking for a nice, clean hotel in the Flagstaff area, the Drury Inn is a good choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the San Francisco peaks.
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We drove to Flagstaff after spending the day at the Grand Canyon. We arrived about 6:50 PM (10 minutes before the free dinner time ended). They rushed us through check-in and got us into dinner before it closed. They gave us a great room (with a balcony looking out on the mountains). It was cold & snowy, but they have a free parking garage adjacent to the hotel (with a sky bridge in between), so parking was easy. Breakfast was great, as per usual. This was a very busy hotel, but it was quiet in our room. Excellent stay. I would stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front of the hotel for a view of the mountains.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We had high expectations for the Drury. The room was very nice - we booked a 2-room suite and it was clean, spacious, well-appointed and comfortable. But man, that place is noisy! Between the toilets flushing in the adjacent rooms and the conference center staff wheeling carts over the paving stones at 6 am, you had better not count on sleeping in!

Again on the upside, the free breakfast was fantastic. Very good and well-replenished. Lots of seating as well.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Thank you for staying at Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff, and for your feedback regarding your stay. We are sorry that you encountered noise from the toilets and from the conference center moving trays. We'd like to discuss this further with you if you could call our General Manager so we can find out what room you were in so we can investigate why these noises were an issue. We appreciate your business and look forward to talking with you so we can do our research and hopefully resolve this issue before future guests arrive to stay with us.
St. Albert, Canada
Reviewed 30 March 2012

This is a great hotel if you are traveling with a pet (no extra charge) or even if you aren't. Check-in was very quick. The front desk staff were very friendly. Our king suite was spacious and clean. The hotel hosts a reception every day from 5:30 to 7:00 pm - 3 cocktails per person along with hot and cold appetizers are included. The Norrhern Arizona University campus is next door which is great for walking your dog. The 1899 Bar and Grill across the street is a great place for dinner if you don't want to walk far. The hotel is also close to downtown. Breakfast was average fare for hotels these days. I would highly recommend The Drury as a place to stay in Flagstaff.

• Stayed March 2012
London
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Were due to stay 2 nights but ended up staying 3 nights due to a snow storm! The receptionist allowed us to check in early which was really appreciated. In fact, all of the staff were really friendly and very efficient.

Very comfortable room but a huge bathroom and nice toiletries. Plenty of towels. There is quite a bit of noise from doors slamming and people generally being noisy in the corridors.

The hotel is close enough to historic Flagstaff that you can walk and I would recommend you do. There are some lovely quirky shops.

The breakfast was good although we only ate continental - the sausages more closely resembled burgers and us Europeans don't do "biscuits and gravy"! The 5:30 kickback was good but there was a lack of variety. Every day it was salad, baked potatoes and crisps and the only variation I saw was bread-crumbed chicken one day and spicy bread-crumbed chicken the next. Then it was back to regular bread-crumbed chicken. There was rarely anywhere to sit so we ended up sitting in reception. If you want a regular meal at this hotel, you need to go outside, although there is a restaurant that is tied-in with the hotel. There is no bar here and if you want a glass of something after 7pm - yep, you have to go somewhere else.

My one issue was that adults and children were coming from the swimming pool and walking around in the lobby and seating area just wearing swimwear, with nothing on their feet. Surely a health and safety issue? Also, some people (including adults) went down for breakfast wearing their pyjamas! I know that the hotel tries to project a laid-back image, but is there anything wrong with telling people to dress appropriately?

1 Thank raquelrattle