This was my first stay at a Drury property and I would say I have mixed reviews. Now, I know this is a limited service hotel and I am writing this review based on this. Now folks I see that this company has a few different types of brands, but mostly this company provides Limited Service. There will not be 30 employees waiting hand and foot on you for $49-159 per night. I was here on a one night stay and I had rented the Two room suite. Not to confuse folks a hotel suite by definition is "two rooms" But before I get ahead of myself I'll base my rating on the following observations:
-Check in: How long I had to wait, Cheerfulness of the Staff, If any mistakes were made, etc..
-Appearance: Public areas, guest room, F&B(food and beverage)
-Amenities: Whats offered, compared to industry standards of the same category of hotel
The wait in line was not very long less than 5 minutes, there was not much of a line to begin with. The front desk clerk was cheerful enough. He took my information, registered me to my room and issued keys this only took a minute or two. The front desk clerk mentioned about their 530 Kickback which was nice because as a weary traveler it was about time to have a drink, and its free. Mistakes the Front Desk Clerk had made. I saw there was advertizement for the hotels frequent stay program but the Front Desk Clerk didn't ask me if I wanted to sign up or not ( This isn't a big deal really I just like to see that kind of service.) But a mistake the Front Desk Clerk did make was that he said my room number out loud, That is a huge mistake. No hotel staff should ever give out guest information out loud. Its just not safe.
Over all check in was normal
Now this is where this hotel had really shined. The lobbies were clean the hallway were spotless. The only mess I saw was from the families in the dining area for the hotels drinks and dogs special,which was not bad at all. The room was fantastic!. No problems with the lights, fixtures, the bathroom was well stocked. Besides the two double beds in the bedroom there was a pull out couch in the living room. I opened this up and found this hotel does not put sheets on their mattress for the couch. There was lots of evidence of a few "accidents" which made it to the mattress. I would have spent the extra time to keep the sheets on the couch-bed if it were my hotel. The hotel is extremely well located near the NAU campus. And within walking distance there is a nice looking bar/lounge.
The amenities were standard, good quality things. The TVs were flat screen HD TVs with good channels. Everything was normal.
Now the Ugly, this is a pet friendly hotel which is becoming popular and I don't like it There was a dog that started barking around 3 am and didnt stop until about 430. Now I know the hotel doesn't have control over guest behavior, but man I was ticked off. It was too late for me to move to a different room, and I didn't really feel like leaving my room and pounding on the dog owners door to tell them to shut that mutt up! (even though I felt like it) I really believe that when you have pets and your traveling you should leave the animal at home. Unless you need one to assist you with daily activities of course, but if not, its rude to other people around you.
Overall the facility was fantastic, staff was friendly and helpful, but I got a bad roll of the dice and had a bad neighbor. I would stay here again but next time to see if I can stay away from the dog.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drury Hotel offers its guests a variety of free extras – take, for example, our free hot breakfast. At Drury, “hot” means scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, sausage and make-your-own Belgian waffles. In the evening, join us at our 5:30 Kickback® for free hot food and cold beverages. Our rotating menu features a variety of hot foods, baked potatoes, garden salad, beer, wine, mixed drinks and more! To burn off all of those free extras, Drury has a 24-hour exercise center and a parking lot to jog around. Lastly, Drury’s free wireless Internet and free long distance calls will ensure you can keep tabs on all of your posse back home. This hotel is one of Mother Nature’s favorites. LEED Silver Certified, the Drury Inn & Suites of Flagstaff has many environmentally-friendly features, including solar panels and recycled water systems. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn And Suites Flagstaff
- Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff Hotel Flagstaff
- Drury Inn Flagstaff
- Drury Inn Hotel Flagstaff
- Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff North America