“Great Hotel, nice extras”

Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff
Ranked #3 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Good hotel. Very clean, good location near the centre of the city. Some nice extras in the form of drink vouchers. They could be used in the afternoon to get a drink. Breakfast was standard. I would very much recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,240)

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Generally, I don't have high hopes. Just somewhere clean and decent. We arrived and our room was ready. We had booked a 2 bedroom suite(not positive, it had a living room area, a kitchenette, and 2 queens) because nothing else was available. There was some kind of convention in town. The room was dark, the closet was missing the closet door, carpet and sofa were dirty, and was indeed in need of some cleaning. The corner of the headboard/bed next to the wall was dusty and gross. Bathroom was cleaned ok, though I did find dark hairs on shampoo, conditioner, and body soap container. We missed the nightly reception with food, so went to nearby chick fil a instead. Breakfast in the morning was ok. I can't complain much because it was free. Food was ok and well stocked. If you are visiting NAU this is right next to campus, so you can walk there in about 5-10 minutes. I really think they need to do a DEEP cleaning here. I probably won't stay here again. This was recommended by someone too and had great reviews.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Paige F
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the cleanliness issues in your guest room. The issues you mentioned are items we should be catching daily and we will review with our housekeeping staff. In terms of renovation, I am happy to announce that plans to upgrade the rooms and other areas of the hotel are tentatively scheduled for the first quarter of 2015. Specifics are still being worked out, but we believe everyone will love the new product ! Thanks again for your feedback. We hope that you will give us another try in the future!

Jeff T.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I've read lots of "great" reviews for this place and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. I booked a king suite. When I checked in there wasn't anybody else in line and it seemed that the only thing the person working the front desk wanted to tell me was about getting the 3 free drinks during the reception time. I told her I hadn't stayed at this hotel before. She didn't mention anything about the parking garage, the morning breakfast or even which way the elevators to the rooms were. I chalked that up to just one employee perhaps having a bad day. I went to my vehicle to retrieve my bag and when I walked back in I asked an employee which way the elevators were. He just pointed and didn't say a word. On my short walk to the elevators I saw two people that clearly weren't hotel guests (appeared to be vagrants) in the area where you can get free soft drinks and popcorn. When I got to my room my initial hopes for the suite were high but were quickly dashed. The room had three trash cans, only one was actually empty. I had a meeting to get to, so I didn't let me get upset. But when I returned hours later and went to sleep, I started smelling something really bad, like fecal matter. As I played find the smell, I located a pillow that actually smelled like somebody had wiped their butt with it.

For a king suite, I found this room totally not to any standard.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank DesertCreatures
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for letting us know about the issues you experienced during your stay at our hotel. We appreciate hearing from our guests, as we use your comments to help improve our product and services. I am also extremely disappointed with the level of service and cleanliness you received, and truly apologize. Our goal is to always exceed our guests' expectations, not disappoint!

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay with you further to obtain details of when you stayed, what room you stayed in, or what team members you came in contact with, in order to follow up with our team. If you could call me direct at 928-773-4900 ext. 7070, I would greatly appreciate it. This is not the level of service we want to portray.

Thanks again for letting us know and I look forward to hearing from you.
Jeff T.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We arrived at the Drury on Sat. the 12th of June. We started out with some problems that the front desk bent over backwards to fix for us. We had a wonderful stay with our son and his wife and baby. We were surprised at the "happy hours" that the hotel provides at 5:30. Three sensible sized cocktails per person per room and lots of snacks at their expense was a very nice added treat. We loved the hustle and bustle of the lobby with people and their dogs and kids all around. The hotel is very dog friendly and they know how to keep things clean and fresh so even if you do not like dogs you would not need to even know they are there. The beds are comfortable and the rooms clean. A few stains on the carpet but nothing major or ugly. All in all with all the food provided(free breakfast buffet also) and the cocktails this was a very good value. We loved Flagstaff and the hotel was well within walking distance of downtown and restaurants and bars. Would definitely stay again and not just because the handled our problem we had so graciously.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This is a beautiful hotel right on the campus of UNA. If we are ever back this way we will absolutely stay here. It was the most expensive Drury we've stayed at, but for a valid reason; it is the most beautiful we've stayed at! It's a drive to the Grand Canyon, but unless you can afford it, most of the hotels close to the canyon didn't appear very nice.

Room Tip: They are all great. Get one with a balcony; the balcony isn't big, but a couple can have coffee...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Being in the resort business, I get to lots of small towns and get to stay in lots of different hotels. Having stayed in several hotels in Flagstaff, this is my new favorite and probably where i will stay again (and again).

It is located on the north end of the campus.

It is located within a quick walk to downtown and lots of local restaurants.

The lobby is big with inviting comfy couches with a big TV.

The staff is very friendly - not only when you check in - but all through the stay.

They serve a morning buffet and evening drink / snack for registered guests. and the food is fresh and they keep the area as clean as they can with the many guests.

The rooms (suites) are large with comfortable fold out couches and separate bedrooms with large comfortable beds. The pillows are great. There is a small balcony on each room to enjoy a little fresh air.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I really like staying at the Drury Inn because not only is it clean and well kept up, but they serve a free full breakfast AND a free dinner! You can't find that anywhere else that I have been. It really saves money to have that extra free meal in the evenings, especially when you are traveling as a family with a lot of mouths to feed. Also, besides that they offer free popcorn and free drinks in the lobby from 3 o'clock to 10 every evening. My kids loved that!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family