We had to travel to Flagstaff for a family emergency. The staff were friendly, accommodating, and thoughtful. Each day when we entered through the lobby, various front desk reps would ask how things were going after our very long days of visiting our loved one at Flagstaff Medical Center. This was by far the best experience I have had of any international or domestic hotel of any rating. We travel extensively and Drury is one of the best kept secrets among hotels!
Food: The free breakfast includes floral design waffles, eggs, sausage, french toast, fruits, juices, and biscuits/gravy. In the evening there is a "snack hour" with hot dogs, sodas, wings, baked potatoes, chips, and 3-alcoholic beverages per adult guest (every night during your stay. The margaritas were delicious and strong!).
Room: We stayed in a Queen suite which includes a separate bedroom with two queen beds, a recliner and a wonderfully solid door! The livingroom has a pull-out couch, desk, and recliner. A microwave, fridge, sink/counter are spacious for entertaining. There are no locks on the bathroom doors which was different but not crucial. The bathroom also does not have an exhaust fan (which was very much required after a round of tacos at the local Mexican restaurant! LOL!) The room also had a large flat screen TV (in both the bedroom and livingroom) and ottoman. The balcony offered a great view of the San Francisco Peaks.
When some family members left, we downgraded to a King room. The microwave and fridge were neatly tucked into the dresser with about 5 drawers for clothing and personals. The room also had a large flat screen TV, ottoman, and a recliner.
Hotel/Grounds: The hotel is eco-friendly and new! There are recycling bins, a modest pool, and laundry facilities. The furniture was new and comfy without any tears, stains or smudges. We did not notice any weird odors, bugs, or trash. I am a small business owner so free Wi-Fi (and great connection) was ideal! There is free parking in the neighboring conference center which has a convenient covered bridge to the hotel.
NO TRAIN NOISE AT ALL! I read somewhere that Flagstaff does not allow trains to blow their horns as they pass through town so we did not hear anything! The hotel was full when were there this weekend (March 22-28, 2010) with tourists and children and we heard no noise at all while in our room.
Pets: Pets are allowed to stay for FREE and can remain in the room while you are away, which definitely swayed our decision to stay here.
Overall, this is our new Flagstaff hotel! I have dreaded staying overnight in Flagstaff due to the substandard or "just average" hotels. Drury has changed the game considerably!
They also accept major discounts including military, law enforcement, AAA, AARP, state government, senior, and discounts for families who are visiting Flagstaff Medical.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drury Hotel offers its guests a variety of free extras – take, for example, our free hot breakfast. At Drury, “hot” means scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, sausage and make-your-own Belgian waffles. In the evening, join us at our 5:30 Kickback® for free hot food and cold beverages. Our rotating menu features a variety of hot foods, baked potatoes, garden salad, beer, wine, mixed drinks and more! To burn off all of those free extras, Drury has a 24-hour exercise center and a parking lot to jog around. Lastly, Drury’s free wireless Internet and free long distance calls will ensure you can keep tabs on all of your posse back home. This hotel is one of Mother Nature’s favorites. LEED Silver Certified, the Drury Inn & Suites of Flagstaff has many environmentally-friendly features, including solar panels and recycled water systems. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn And Suites Flagstaff
- Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff Hotel Flagstaff
- Drury Inn Flagstaff
- Drury Inn Hotel Flagstaff
- Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff North America