“Excellent for Families”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Flagstaff
Comfi Cottages of Flagstaff
Ranked #4 of 12 Flagstaff B&B and Inns
Phx
“Excellent for Families”
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Second time we have stayed with Comfi Cottages. 1st time 710, 2nd time 710 B. Both perfect! I highly recommend. Close to everything. Always clean and staff SUPERB. Will rent again. Tastefully decorated and comfortable. Better than a hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank G L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 8 October 2012

COMFICOTTAGES.COM - 521 W BEAL - 4BR-2BA-As three retirement-age couples with an 8-year-old adopted grandson, we spent 3 comfortable days & 2 nights here in early October, 2012. Pat & Ed Riebe courteously provide a spotless, and tastefully-decorated home with more than breakfast and snack amenities. The home is quietly located within 3 miles of a number of highly-rated restaurants, grocery stores, gas stations, hospital, NAU, the Lowell Observatory, SnoBowl Ski Resort, and on the main road to the Grand Canyon. Sedona and other highly-rated northern Arizona attractions are nearby. Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport is a quick two-hour trip via Interstate 17. We absoutely would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank speeeddawg
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 12 September 2012

We stayed at 919-C N Beaver 9/10/12 for our anniversary. Before we arrived we got a phone call asking us what we wanted for breakfast ! and what kind of wine did we want for our anniversary. Wow! The cottage was sparkling clean, and very comfortable. Would have loved a king bed instead of a queen, but we managed. It is close to a grocery store and a Subway and we could walk to get any supplies needed. Will stay again the next time we are in Flagstaff.

Room Tip: 919-C N Beaver has a loft that would be perfect for children.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pjdavis131
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Since I grew up in Flagstaff, I'm pretty picky about where I stay when I'm back visiting. Years ago, my remaining family members moved away so I have been trying out other accommodations ever since. My goal has been to not only have it "feel like home" but also be family and dog friendly. What's the point of coming to Flag, if you can't bring your dogs along to hike and play? As soon as I found out that Comfi Cottages changed their policy to be dog-friendly, I couldn't make my reservation for one of the Birch cottages fast enough.

The owners really went out of their way to make us feel welcome! I felt like I was visiting a (very nice and accommodating) relative. The house was neat and clean with a light breakfast waiting for us. We were so close to downtown that we didn't have to deal with the holiday traffic and close enough to hike and bike right from our cabin. It was an awesome experience! I have already recommended them to friends and family and plan on returning here next time!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank GillianWine
Reviewed 10 August 2012

We stayed in the stone cottage off Columbus and Humphreys. This place is walking distance from downtown and Thorpe park. A bit of traffic during the day, but the house and locale were perfect for our long weekend.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank jenniferbw1973
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My family and I took a week-long vacation in Flagstaff this past first week of July. We wanted a comfortable place to rest and relax after visiting area sights, and we wanted to avoid visiting restaurants as much as possible. Hotel rent may cost a lot less than the cottage we rented, but we had a large group (6 people) and prepared our own food almost every day. When you throw in the cost of restaurants, we probably came out even, and perhaps saved money. Plus, it was a lot roomier, better sensation of home, etc.

At the recommendation of the owner/manager, we stayed at the large Beaver St. cottage. This location is within easy walking distance of downtown Flagstaff. (I think most cottages are, but prospective customers should check with mapquest.) The Fourth of July parade started only a couple of blocks from the house, so our daughters had front-row spots to watch the show and receive favors tossed by fresh paraders.

The cottage is also adjacent to a shopping center, where we could walk to buy food. On the downside, people sleeping in the two main bedrooms _will_ hear the yapping of patrons of a sports bar, but we were so worn out with hiking local canyons and parks that we fell asleep without trouble. (If you're visiting Flagstaff but not taking in canyons, parks, and museums, you're missing the best part.)

We had two minor maintenance concerns with the house, both of which received prompt attention by the owners. We reported a couple of minor annoyances when we left (DVD player, cabinet handle).

The upstairs rooms grow quite warm after a summer's day, even given Flagstaff's cool summers. An air conditioner is mounted in a window of the wall opposite the bedroom, and most of the cold air it blows in will go down the stairs, which lie between. For all I know, the owners have good reason to leave the AC in the other window, but I would strongly encourage them to move it to the bedroom window.

The house was quaint and comfortable, better than even the photos on their website would suggest. Some pretty flowers lie along the sides of the house; my wife pointed out some snapdragons. We were able to dine at both the kitchen table and the small picnic table outside. The back yard doesn't have much room for kids to play, but my two daughters (4 and 6) had some fun back there, all the same.

This isn't a five-star hotel. I guess it's a kind of bed and breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Devotus
United States
Reviewed 1 July 2012 via mobile

We've stayed at several of the Comfi Cottages locations in historic Flagstaff, and we'll keep on going back. Home away from home. Love 'em - especially the Birch units. Only wish there was a King size bed... but the service and value are great.

• Stayed June 2012