1,447 results
All reviewsbest westernsseparate buildingwestern hotelsgrand canyonking suitebreakfast roomtrain tracksolder facilityhistoric routelight sleeperparking lotyogurtbiscuits and gravybed was comfortablewould stay here againgreat place to staynice stay
Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

We arrived just before dark. Settled into a basic, yet very comfortable first floor room. Ice was handy, front desk personnel excellent and very helpful. They recommended a fabulous Italian restaurant within walking distance. It was Incredible.!
Italian food very much like Italy! Staff replaced a faulty hair dryer ASAP and went out of their way to make us comfortable!
Did I tell you they upgraded our room for no extra charges? And added 500 points to my membership! WOW!

Our room was functional, clean and safe.

Jeisell was outstanding recommending dinner locations and I'm so glad we took her advice for Mama Lisa's. The vegetarian manicotti was simply outstanding. Excellent salad, soup, bread and wine.

Betsy is a terrific member of the housekeeping team and we are so very grateful for the work the they do everyday to ensure a great experience for guests!

I realized later that day after we checked out I had left a favorite hair brush in the room. I called and was told the housekeeping staff had found it. I arranged for them with their help to sent back to me. They are so accommodating...and professional.

I highly recommend this property to all who pass through Flagstaff. It was a great experience and a terrific hotel!

Thank you very much!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
sgramsaz, General Manager at Best Western Pony Soldier Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Thanksgiving greetings! Thank you for your loyalty to Best Western and for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I’m pleased you had such positive interaction with our staff, and felt very cared for. Both Jeisell and Betsy will receive special recognition for showing true hospitality. Please consider our hotel your home away from home in Flagstaff!

Reviewed 18 November 2017

We decided to give this facility a try, based ONLY on price and the fact that it's a Best Western hotel. Best Western standards have dropped in the last few years in our opinion. The breakfast was pretty good though ALL the pastry items tasted like they had been sitting around for quite some time before being served...very stale and crumbly.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking a moment to share your recent experience with us. We take a lot of pride in offering value and quality, making your hotel stay easy. If there’s anything we can do to enrich your experience, please don’t hesitate to ask. I’m pleased you mentioned that the breakfast was a plus-- it’s just one of the many ways we try to help our guests start their day out on the right foot. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Flagstaff, and until then--happy travels!

Reviewed 14 November 2017

Large, comfortable rooms that allow you to spread out. Mexican restaurant attached, but separately owned. If closed, there is a wonderful Mexican restaurant around the corner which specializes in authentic Mexican food. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
sgramsaz, General Manager at Best Western Pony Soldier Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review the Pony Soldier Inn & Suites. We sincerely appreciate letting others know you enjoyed a spacious room or suite and found a great restaurant. We’ll also add (for those planning travel) to feel free to call the hotel for dining recommendations. We will be your personal flagstaff concierge! We hope you’ll make our Best Western your home away from home in Northern Arizona. Happy travels!

Reviewed 12 November 2017

This facility is old and in need of updating and repair. The walls are thin and you can hear every guest as well as the multitude of trains that pass by in the night. I would never stay at this property.

Room Tip: Stay away from this property!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
sgramsaz, General Manager at Best Western Pony Soldier Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Thank you for your recent stay. It’s always disappointing to hear we’ve missed the mark and have noted your suggestions for improvement. We have replaced all the room furnishings and carpet in the last two years in addition to completely remodeling our breakfast room. Please give a call directly when looking in Flagstaff next time so that we can insure you’re in the best room for your specific needs while traveling, and I’m certain we can turn this around to provide the restful night Best Western Pony Soldier is known for. Most of our guests find the trains to be a non-issue but for those more sensitive to it, we do have options in other locations of our hotel that might be better suited. Until then-- we wish you continued and safe travels!

Reviewed 12 November 2017

We could hear the people above us walking around the room and moving things around. We listened to banging from another room for a long time. A staff member came to our door and asked us if we were making the banging noise. There had been several calls to the front desk about it. He acted like he didn't believe me when I told him that we had not been making the noise. He kept me at our door and I felt like he was accusing me of making the noise, but it wasn't us. We were hearing it too. There was also a lot of loud talking, laughing and yelling in the hallway. We noticed that a large group of people had arrived in a tour bus. Some of them got up at 5 AM and woke us up with their loud noise in the hallway and slamming doors. The room was spacious with 2 bathrooms and clean. The bed was adequate. The 2 TVs worked quite well but it is awkward to have two TVs going in the same room on different channels.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying with us! I apologize for the inconveniences you are describing regarding noise. We work hard to provide excellent hospitality and are disappointed to hear when there are disturbances in the hotel. I can confirm there was a noise concern recently, which the staff was trying to remedy. I hope that based on the other favorable aspects of your stay, you’ll give us another chance to win your loyalty! Feel free to reach out to me if I can be of further assistance. Until then - happy travels!