“Good one night stay” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #32 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
California
“Good one night stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here just for one night before heading to Grand Canyon. Checking in at the front desk is like checking at the Kiosk. At check in, she ask for our last name, then for the credit card then handed our keys. At check out, asked for our room number and then said you guys are all set. No hi, no how's everything with your stay. Nothing. On the good note, the bed was comfortable as well as the pillows.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank EllafromtheIsland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Phoenix, Az
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

There are a great number of "economy" hotels in the area and this Days Inn had some decent current reviews. I was looking for a clean, quiet place to stay with a continental breakfast included.
When we checked in the front desk person was pleasant and efficient. With a little small talk I learned it was "a good night so far...no complaints." Always a comforting litmus test I thought. There was ample lighted parking and we carried our things to our second floor room. (I read on one review the floors squeaked & you could her every sound above you if staying on the first floor). The room & bathroom appeared (and smelled) clean but I immediately noticed every outlet on the main wall was was 100% full. The most conveniently reached one was a 4 plug outlet that was actually pulled out of the wall about a half inch with all 4 outlets in use. By the looks of it this is an obvious maintenance issue that had been overlooked for some time.
The sheets were clean but the furniture and carpet were well worn. They rather reminded me of a dorm room in college. The beds were comfortable though and soon we were drifting off to sleep. An occasional semi truck could be heard on the freeway but it was reasonably quite...until. It's certainly not the hotels fault but a local bar had obviously tossed several young intoxicated coeds out the door at 2am and they came strolling down the hotel hallway to their room. My bet it was a bar with a live band because the only volume these girls knew was LOUD. It woke us and I know at least one other room up based on the fact we heard someone yell "quiet!" To no avail.
An hour of lying awake listening to the drone of an occasional semi and I was asleep again. We woke early and A brilliant idea came to me. The next time I experience loud, obnoxious guests who come in late and loud I will be prepared at 6am. Before my next trip I'm going birthday card shopping to pick up those annoying (and loud) music playing greeting cards. After a poetic and crafty written note on the inside it will slip right under a the offending guests room door at 0600 hours. Something about poetic justice.
The breakfast in the morning was fine. Waffles, juice and coffee. One thing lacking was any option containing protein.
All in all it was what I expected. Next time we need a room in Flagstaff though I think we'll fork up a little more dough and stay in a higher end hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple