“Better than expected but problems too”

Comfort inn Lucky lane
Ranked #43 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Long Pond, Pennsylvania
“Better than expected but problems too”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

The inside of the room was a lot nicer than I was expecting for the price we paid. Unfortunately, the entire weekend numerous items like the tv did not work. All I got in the end was an "I'm sorry." If you are looking for a place just to sleep and not worry about a nice breakfast or anything of that nature, def. come here. However, just know you are getting what you paid for.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TheGovernor31
ecnlky, Front Office Manager at Comfort inn Lucky lane, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Econolodge Guest,

We wanted to apologize for your TV not working during your stay. We have since fixed the problem with all of our TVs and the TV DVR boxes.

We are happy to hear that your room condition was better than expected. We strive to give the best accommodations possible.

We hope that if you come through Flagstaff in the future, you will let us accommodate a peaceful nights stay for you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Lisle, IL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

The front desk staff, especially Justin, was so nice and helpful about any request. It more than made up for the average aspects of this hotel. Justin brought an extra towel up to our room within 5 minutes and gave us good advice about hiking, which saved us time and money. We enjoyed the way the room was set up, with a loveseat and a second sink by the refrigerator and microwave. I also especially enjoyed the indoor pool. Even though it was small, it was the perfect temperature and I had it all to myself all three nights.
On the negative side, I could not understand how they would allow the surfaces in the room to be so dusty. And the breakfast was below average, with no protein offerings. But at least they had the waffles, and they did not get stuck in the waffle maker.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
ecnlky, Front Office Manager at Comfort inn Lucky lane, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Dear Terri,

I would like to take the time to thank you for the review you posted on TripAdvisor about our hotel Econo Lodge Lucky Ln. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that our Front Desk Staff was able to accommodate you to the upmost extent.

As for your recommendations to improve the hotel, we will look into the dusting and breakfast issues and see how they can be solved. We are currently remodeling and due to this, it causes dust to enter our central heating unit and spread over the hotel. We will take a look at our filters today and see if they need replacing. Also, we are about to remodel our breakfast area and upon completing it we do plan on having a refrigerated section that will have Jimmy Dean sausage biscuits, hard boiled eggs, and a yogurt selection.

We hope that during any future stays in Flagstaff you will consider staying with us again as our accommodations over the next few months will be vastly improved with the remodeling and we don't plan on changing our excellent front desk procedures anytime soon.

Thank you.
Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

I was forced to stay here because all other hotels were full.
The exterior of the building looks new, the interior is filthy, and clearly very poorly maintained.
The owners should be ashamed.
My room had filthy carpet, barely operating AC, and wall paper peeling all over the room.
Never again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
ecnlky, Front Office Manager at Comfort inn Lucky lane, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
I apologize that your stay at our hotel was an unpleasant one. Due to the closure of the Grand Canyon there was massive amount of people who needed to stay in Flagstaff hotels and thus, there was little availability. I apologize that we were the last ones available.

We are currently undergoing renovations, a likely reason why we were the only hotel left with vacancies. These renovations include replacing all the above items that you described: furniture, carpet, wallpaper, and were even getting new paint on the exterior of the building.

I apologize that you arrived at our hotel as our renovations were going on but I am happy that you were able to find a place to sleep.

If you ever come through Flagstaff again, I hope you will give our new, remodeled hotel a try.

Travellers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Glendale, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

The hotel is a bit worn out and out dated but the room was clean, the bed comfortable and the breakfast was OK. The reason why I'm writing this is the manager, he doesn't know how to treat his guests. He was very unfriendly and unhelpful and just shrugged when someone from our group told him about the broken shower and the loud AC. I've even heard him yelling to someone else. That being said, the other staff was very friendly and helpful!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
ecnlky, Owner at Comfort inn Lucky lane, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
we previously supplied feedback on this review,this guest had reserved 3 room with 2 queen beds,checked in with 9 guest & cancel 3 rd room that was also fine with us.group leader decided to change payment method from credit card to cash which we gladly help.We wish to know how we could have handle since # of guests that were on reservation & actually #of guests occupied room that was totally fraudulent on part of guests we ignore all this & then review we have to supply correct information.Hope info from our side help decide review & unnecessary issue that create for small property owner.
Arlington, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

I don't need a palatial hotel room to be happy, but the Econo Lodge was definitely below my standards. It had a terrible antiseptic smell to the room. There were holes in the curtains. The box spring was covered in plastic. All of the linens had magic marker identifiers on them. Yuck!

The hotel wasn't all bad. I liked the water pressure in the shower. I liked how close it was to I-40 and Historic Rt. 66.

I booked the hotel on Priceline, which was a mistake. It was less expensive on the Econo Lodge website. My mistake. I was also annoyed that it was $25 more than the Hyatt Place I stayed at in Albuquerque, which was a much nicer, cleaner hotel. But I understand -- different cities, different competition. I wouldn't stay here again, but I hope that I don't need to be in Flagstaff again, either.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank betterinblack
I apologize for your negative experiences that you had at our hotel.

We put marks on our linens because there is a bad theft problem at hotels in the area and some guests have put their comforters/sheets on the bed and taken our own. I apologize that this procedure was a hassle.

We hope that if you ever do some through flagstaff you will take the time to drop by our hotel as it is currently being remodeled and when completed, will have a fresh new look and feel.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

I understand it is a Econolodge, but what we expected to get what they said we would- but the Internet was not working (makes it hard to research your trip to the grand caynon!), the hot tub was not hot. The door had trouble closing all the way, the AC shut on and off all night waking us up frequently. The staff (other than a night staff guy named Justin) was short and unapologetic when we asked about the broken Internet. (Which is why we didn't bother to ask about anything afterwards). Don't plan on staying an an Econolodge again, would rather spend double the money for a good nights rest!

• Stayed June 2013
I apologize that your stay with us was a negative one.

We do keep out hot tub at a temperature of 101-104 degrees, since this was not quite hot enough, we will consider increasing the temperature in the future. The AC shut on and off all night because it was trying to maintain the temperature. All AC units do this, it is a little more noticeable when in a hotel room, however, due to the AC unit being mounted on the wall instead of the roof/outside.

I hope that if you do ever come back through Flagstaff you will give our hotel another try. We are currently renovating the hotel and are looking forward to having a fresh new look and feel for our customers.
texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

The rate was a little over price didn't honor the first rate that I book for and will be contacting Choice support. There was trash outside of my door when I arrived to my room. A pro was that it is close to the freeway and there are places to eat close by.

Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank dhardz2001
We appreciate your stay at our hotel and will look to resolve the problems you stated in your review.