“Emasbby suites always a safe bet!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Flagstaff
Ranked #11 of 64 Hotels in Flagstaff
Oahu, Hawaii
“Emasbby suites always a safe bet!”
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We love the free happy hour and breakfasts offered by embassy suites. It was cold when we visited but we still enjoyed the hot tub admits the flurries. How fun! The only down side I think is the decor could use a n update.

• Stayed March 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Oklahoma City, OK
Reviewed 28 January 2012

We drove for over 16 hours from California before we stopped at Embassy Suites in Flagstaff for the night. The staff was VERY courteous, helpful, and made sure we had everything we needed for our stay. It was a little pricer than what we were looking for, but OH MY GOD it was completely worth it. The room was gorgeous, everything was sparkling, the beds and blankets were so soft and warm, there was a thermostate in the room you didn't have to wait on - it automatically adjusted to what you needed right away. I slept like a baby - and for someone with severe back problems let me tell you - that is saying something. In the morning we had the complimentary breakfast of chef-made-right-in-front-of-you-to-your-specifications omelets and toast, fresh fruit and beverages. Everything was clean, everything was so wonderful, and I really can only hope to stay in a hotel with these standards again one day for the same price because they really could charge more for the service they provide - they just choose not to. :)
thank you again to the Flagstaff Embassy Suites staff - you're doing a wonderful job and please keep up the good work so I can pass through again one day. :)

Room Tip: Be polite and don't be afraid to ask for their discount lists. AAA!!!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Lake Powell, Utah
Reviewed 20 January 2012

As usual, the service, staff and facilities are always improving. It was nice to see new carpeting being installed, without shutting down. The staff was right on top of their game. Jen, the Front Office Manager while training Daniel, greeting me by name, made my day by making me feel on top of my game. Evening reception and breakfast crew = Awesome, Thanks to Willy and Charles. So to coin the phrase: "What will be, will be" . . . Flagstaff Embassy Suites has and no doubt will continue to always be improving on their best!

Room Tip: Top floor tens to be the quieter location and provides a good view of the region.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Their idea of a hot breakfast is powdered eggs and rotten fruit. Even one of the workers said she could not believe the manager made her put out rotten fruit. Stains were all over our room, including blood on the comforter, stains on the bathroom counter, stains in the bathroom and a hole in the wall. Fold out bed in living room too uncomfortable to use.

Room Tip: choose a different hotel
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Foxy015
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Pool non functional, my kids extremely disaapointed, similar hotels with free wifi/pool available for 1/3 the price, Manager Jen. refused to adjust the price, WHAT A RIP OFF. Please never stay at embassy flagstaff.

Room Tip: Look around
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank snowwhiteinc
SM
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I started itching in my room and had to leave early in the morning about 4 am. I let the manager know and they acted as if I was malingering to get out of paying for my room. It's been 5 months since I stayed there and I am still getting bites. I never have had bed bugs before i stayed there. I can't believe this happened and now have to either see a doctor or an exterminator. Beware!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank 13AAA
Reviewed 31 December 2011

I have been a diamond hh member for over 10 years and have stayed at hundreds of Hilton properties worldwide. My family and I were booked for 2 nights to go see the Grand Canyon. We only stayed one night. Let me start with the positive.

The young energetic staff was extremely pleasant and professional. That's where the positivity ends.

I would be shocked if this remains a Hilton property unless drastic improvements are made. The room was terrible. The furniture was torn. The furniture was retro 80's to say the best. The only update our room had were flat screen tv's.

The worst part about the property cannot be changed. It is the noisiest hotel I have ever stayed in. We were on the 2nd floor. You could here everything goin on in the room above us all night. After my wife called the front desk, she heard the phone ring above us, but that only angered them more. They began jumping off the furniture. When my 3 yr old would walk near our nightstand, it would make the lamp shake.

I've never written a review so that's how strongly I feel. And I'm writing this at 6am while I'm packing up to change hotels. If there are any local quality hotel owners, I would go hire the Embassy staff and put them in your hotel

• Stayed December 2011