“Not up to Hilton/Embassy Suites standard”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Flagstaff
Ranked #13 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Not up to Hilton/Embassy Suites standard”
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Was a bit disappointed in this hotel. We arrived late(9pm) but had called to inform the hotel of our late arrival. We had to wait to check-in while front desk person was chatting. After checking in I had to ask location of the room & I was told, take the elevator, wind around & follow the signs. I feel this is not good customer service, she could have shown me a hotel map with directions, our room was so far from the lobby that we could have moved the car to a closer entrance rather than drag all of our luggage through the hotel. The room was ok, I like the set up of a 2 bedroom suite, breakfast buffet was ok. Room was clean but dated. Just not as up to par with other Hilton/Embassy Suite properties. We stayed for 2 nights, don't think it was worth the money, it sounded nicer online than it is in person

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Anne K
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Flagstaff, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to share your experiences at Embassy Suites Flagstaff. It is only with fair feedback about our shortcomings from customers such as yourself that we can improve. The way you were treated upon check in is not a standard for us and it has been addressed.

We hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We were off to the Grand Canyon but because our flight arrived into Flagstaff very late we needed to spend one night in Flagstaff. We picked the Embassy Suites.
I like Embassy Suites when I travel with my family because you always get a lot of space. We had a nice two room suite. The suite had a small kitchenette in it. We were in the room for such a short time that we did not use the kitchenette but it would have been nice to have if we would have stayed longer.
The hotel is NOT downtown, but on a strip with a lot of fast food choices nearby.
The hotel does have an outdoor pool, this was winter so it was not open.
The hotel was clean, the front desk was friendly. The room large although the brown and beige colors looked dated and a little drab.
It was nice for one night, we had space and a good night's sleep.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Embassy Suites Flagstaff. Glad you enjoyed all the space we had to offer and your stay was a positive one.

Hope to see you again soon.

Thank you.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Run and run fast!!! This hotel should not have the Embassy Suites name. I think that is the only way they are getting people to stay there. The hotel is very run down, musty and smells of smoke. The rooms are beat up looking as well but that is not the worst part. I went down to the breakfast to grab food for my kids and the tables were crawling with DOZENS of ants, it was so disgusting. They were all over everything and yes I mean including the food. Their little clear cabinets the hold bread, bagels and pasteries was covered with them. I have tried taking up this issues with their manager as soon as we returned home and she just acts likes it is my problem. I could not get out of this place soon enough. I would have taken it up with the manger then but I had three hungry little kids that wanted to go it and I just wanted to get out of there. I contacted the hotel as soon as I returned home (within one week) It is definitly not a customer first hotel, I am just appalled at the way their manager has treated me. My kids even asked me why were staying in a hotel "like this". This is not the upper end hotel as described. I would keep looking you can find far nicer ones in the area. Keep driving you will be glad you did!!! Hope this helps someone!!

Room Tip: Don't stay there!!!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank threeakprincesses
Airdrie, Canada
Reviewed 28 April 2012 via mobile

Embassy Suites in Flagstaff have staff that are the epitome of costumer device oriented! From the front desk, to the cleaning staff, the maintenance people & the chefs at the free made-to-order breakfast! Location is great & the rooms are awesome!

Would not stay anywhere else in Flagstaff!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank ParaSport
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Flagstaff, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
All of us at Embassy Suites Flagstaff would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at our hotel. We pride ourselves in great Customer Service and though it may sound like a cliche we live it everyday.

thanks again
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Really enjoyed the hotel. The place was clean and pleasant. The bedroom was small with a king bed sort of crammed in, but it worked OK. Oddly, the rooms were dark. Not enough light put out by the lamps/fixtures. I think that might have been caused by the compact fluorescent bulbs throughout which simply didn't offer enough light to take away the "really dark" feeling. Breakfast was great one day, but only so-so the next. The "manager's Hour" in the evening was great with an awesome gal behind the bar. She even remembered our drinks from the previous night. Traffic on the street in front of the hotel was extremely heavy. This made entry/exit from the property pretty exciting. Overall, I'd still return to this hotel - the minor gripes are more quibbles than problems. But fixing the light levels in the rooms would really make it a nicer experience.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Canberra
Reviewed 19 April 2012

The Embassy Suites are a bit of a go-to brand for me. They offer a consistent product and once again I have not been dissapointed.

I spent seven nights here in two stays just recently and was very happy with both stays.

The style of this hotel is more "lodge like" compared to the usual Embassy Suites building formula. It is attractively decorated in a clearly Arizona style. The lobby is very warm and welcoming.

The rooms are of a suite style with a bedroom, bathroom and lounge room floor plan. Fridge and microwaves are provided in each room. The rooms were clean and tidy and very comfortable.

The complimentary breakfast was very good. The manager's reception (aka "Happy Hour") was good though the bar area is a little small. Many guests ended up in the lobby with their drinks, or in the breakfast area. All the staff were very friendly, helpful and made you feel very welcome.

The hotel is well situated for activities in the Flagstaff area like the Grand Canyon, Sedona, and other attractions.

Happily recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem good but better to ask for a room on level two or three to avoid ground floor tra...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DanC-in-USA
Victoria
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Excellent accommodations - courteous staff - McKenzie was most helpful in making sure a wheelchair was delivered to our room, and even better when we were told we could take it off premises while touring all the wonderful places in AZ.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family