Embassy Suites by Hilton Flagstaff
Ranked #13 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed 24 December 2012 via mobile

I expected more from my visit since it was an Embassy Suites. I travel often for business and usually stay at ES. I am used to the inside rooms and atrium. This doesn't have that. I did enjoy the courtyard because it gave my son a safe place to play in the snow.
The rooms are much smaller than other ES. I had a 2 double bed suite (used to queens). The room was dark, as other reviews stated but I found it to be clean and comfortable. The bathroom was smaller than expected but that goes with the smaller room.
Breakfast was very good but not enough seating. As another review stated, get there early or the French toast will be cold. Also, no hashbrowns available but they did have some potatoes. Omlettes were great.
The biggest disappointment was the wi-fi. At $170+ a night, I expected free wi-fi, not $10 per day and it isn't a full 24 hours. I logged on after 10 pm and it stopped working about 10am. Almost every other hotel/motel in the area offers free wi-fi. I couldn't even access my Hilton HHonors account without paying. I suppose I could have used the business center. Thank goodness I had a smartphone.
Other facilities were nice. I enjoyed the fireplace in the lobby. The gym is very nice, even offer complimentary earbuds for the TV's on the machines.
Overall, I enjoyed my stay. In fact, we were enjoying ourselves in Flagstaff so much that we extended our stay. Even though my room key stopped working, it was a very nice stay. I would probably stay here again despite some of the shortcomings mentioned. I know there is much, much worse in Flag, like the place next door.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Eric S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,545)

Reviewed 8 December 2012

We Really enjoyed this Hotel it had a happy hour, nice free breakfast, Rooms were nice flat screen tv, Comfy bed and the Hide A Bed was even kinda comfy hotel is close to many Good restrants, this hotel is perfect for famlies but for what it is i found it was slightly overpriced we paid 169 dollars a night but it did live to my expectations

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2012

Dear Jack B., thanks for taking the time to share your trip at Embassy Suites Flagstaff. We're glad you enjoyed the room and comfort of your two room suite and the free cooked to order breakfast. A lot of families traveling to or through Flagstaff agree with you that our hotel is the perfect Flagstaff hotel for families.

Hope to see you and your family back with us soon.

Thanks again.

Reviewed 22 November 2012

First of all, I love the town and its beautiful breathtaking view. The hotel itself sits so close to many dining and shopping places making it easy to just walk to find places to eat and shop. But what I like the most is the hospitality and generosity. They have self service coffee counter that opens 24/7 (at least to my knowledge, I never checked passed midnight). And their happy hours 5-7 pm with drinks and snacks while sitting around the homelike lobby, by the fireplace or the fluffy sofas along with other guests makes the stay really enjoyable. I was there during winter time so the warmth feeling helps get through the freezing cold weather. At least for me who lives most of my life in a tropical country.

The only drawback I can say is that if we get a room far from the lobby, it can be quite a hassle. And for my fellow colleague who doesn't eat pork, the breakfast buffet left them with mostly non meat choices.

But all in all, if I were to come here again one day, I would love to stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closest to lobby if you have a lot of ludgage
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

Dear Regina.Jakarta, thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at Embassy Suites Flagstaff. We are very glad you had such a positive experience.

We hope your travels to take you back to Flagstaff again.

Reviewed 19 November 2012

I have accumulated quite a few Hilton honons points, but just discovered Flagstaff's Embassy Suites. My daughter lifes in Flagstaff so I visit frequently, but this was my first time at Embassy. I'm hooked. First, the staff (from the General Manager to the kind women who clean th rooms) have the most genuine smiles and greetings. I truly felt everyone was glad to see me. This made my visit quite warm, regardless of the weather. Second, the room was spotless and comfortable. It was so quiet I thought maybe we were the only ones staying there, but they were full. Third, The hospitality reception in the evening and the complimentary brakfast in the morning were outstanding. Here's an example on why I will be back - Amy Todd, the General Manager, knew my name and called me by it the whole weekend. We will be changing from never staying here to staying 8 or more times per year. All my friends know about this gem also.

Room Tip: Rooms i the back were really quiet
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 November 2012

We came here as a family and stayed in a king bed executive suite, the room size was nice and I was very impressed with both TVs in the room. They offer a cooked to order complimentary breakfast with eggs, omelette, pancakes, French toast, etc. in addition to continental breakfast items. There was also a manager's reception nightly with select complimentary cocktails. The staff was very friendly and I was shocked at how comfortable the pull out couch was. I was unimpressed with how we could hear conversations clearly from the room next to us.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MGradowski
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2012

Dear MGradowski, thanks for taking the time out of your day to share your experiences at Embassy Suites Flagstaff. We're glad you enjoyed the size of your suite as well as the cooked to orger breakfast and Eve Reception with complimentary cocktails.

Hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 8 November 2012

This hotel should be rated #1! We stayed at Embassy Suites with our 4 young children for several days and couldn't have asked for a better stay. Our 2 room suite was clean and had plenty of room for us and all our belongings. The 2 double beds plus the pull-out couch in the living room were perfect (not to mention comfy). The large fridge and microvave and TV in each room were a definite plus! There was also lots of storage, which for a family on an extended stay is important. The free breakfast was incredible! Made to order eggs, omelets, sausage, bacon, pancakes, french toast, and more plus the usual cereal and pastries with coffe, milk, & juice was an awesome way to start the day. The staff was friendly, helpful, and incredibly capable. I would recommend this hotel to everyone planning a stay in Flagstaff!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2012

Dear calypsolarue, thanks for taking the time out of your day to write such a comprehensive account of your recent stay at Embassy Suites Flagstaff. We are very glad you and your family found our value and accomodations worth recommending to others planning a trip to Flagstaff.

Thanks also for your comments about our staff. We hope to see you and the family back with us again in the future.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Enjoyed our night at the Embassy Suites in Flagstaff. Nice room, all the amenties, and nice Manager's reception. Quiet, clean roomss. Staff very responsive. Dispointed on WiFi in room but only in common area.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2012

Dear hunterabq, thanks for taking the time to share your experiences at Embassy Suites Flagstaff. we're happy you pointed out the staff was very responsive and that you enjoyed our suties, free breakfast and Manager's reception.

Hope to see you back with us in Flagstaff again soon.