“Great value for your money”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Flagstaff
Ranked #12 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We stayed at the Embassy Suites in August and found it to be perfect for our needs. In our room there was a small "wet bar" style kitchen (one counter the runs along the side of the living room), and a separate bedroom. When we first arrived, while our room had been cleaned, it was not thoroughly done. I called to complain and someone was at our door within 10 minutes, asking about the issue, ready to clean up, provide towels, etc. In short, the staff was very responsive to our concerns. The happy hour and breakfast were ideal for our needs and the little enclosed garden area provided enough room for us to play hide-n-seek with our two toddlers while (simultaneously) enjoying an evening refreshment.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,549)

Reviewed 17 October 2013

My husband and I stayed for three nights in late August to celebrate our anniversary. The location made it easy to walk across the street to the Barnes and Noble bookstore, NAU campus and restaurants. We had a ground level suite that allowed us to store our bikes in the room (it would have been better if they had a storage room for bikes). The bikes did crowd the living room, but it worked. The decor was updated with local scenic art of aspen trees, so it related to the charm of the mountain town. Despite being so close to the main highway we didn't notice much traffic noise. The only downside to the hotel was the stale cigarette smell that lingers in the hallways and the room, despite having a non-smoking room.

The breakfast was very good with made to order omelettes, and if you ask they will also make French toast and pancakes. Enjoyed the free WSJ that is available at the front counter each morning. The pool was outside and the thunderstorms prevented us from using it. We were able to get free wifi in the room by joining their preferred member program.

Room Tip: Any room facing the pool or courtyard would be good.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I have a company called Full Circle Tours. (25 to 30 rooms) . We stay at Embassy Suites every year in October for a 3 night stay. The staff is awesome! They are always there if you need anything. The rooms are wonderful, clean, and roomy. They have a full breakfast every morning and a 2 hour happy hour every night. You cant go wrong if you stay at the Embassy Suites in Flagstaff!
Dawn Grace
Oceanside, CA.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Nice hotel with plenty of free parking. Adjacent to NAU. This hotel is older but is well maintained.
The living room is separate from the bedroom which is nice if someone wants to stay up late and
someone else wishes to retire early. Nice breakfast buffet in the morning with Starbucks Coffee
and the usual cereals, yogurts, breads, rolls, juices and cooked-to-order omelets.
Friendly staff at front desk. Our room was 306 which originally overlooked the courtyard, but is
blocked by trees now. I doubt any room would offer much of a view due to the location of hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Booked 3 rooms for 4 nights. On check-in the desk staff were very friendly and helpful. At one point later that first night I asked if there was any fruit available for purchase at the small snack corner. There was none there, but more than one person offered to go find me something. Soon someone appeared with a few bananas and apples for us. No charge at all. How very helpful and accommodating. Every other time I was in the lobby I heard them helping other guests in a engaging and cheerful way. 5 stars for the desk staff here!

I wish the same was true for the cleanliness and care of the rooms. The rooms were a bit small for a suite. In the room I had right away I noticed that there was a nearly empty roll of toilet paper in the bathroom. Corners folded down looking nice, but nearly empty. It wasn't the worst thing I've seen in the bathroom, but still felt very out of place and seemed like a simple thing to change out to make the bathroom feel new and fresh for the next guest. Looking around the room I noticed the AC controls were filthy with some sort of black gummy residue. It could be cleaned off if tried, so I don't see why it wasn't. It appeared to have been dirty for some time. We were booked on the third floor which was always hot in the hallways and had a foul smell. The only way to describe it would be the smell of rotting meat. I noticed as we walked through the halls that there were many areas on different floors with bad smells. I think by the 3rd day the hotel tried to address the problem as we saw wall-mounted air fresheners that we didn't notice the first two nights.

Breakfast was top-notch each morning! The custom orders were great and the staff was terrific. There really was no need to stand in any line for food if you didn't want to, as there were plenty of food items in the buffet. Excellent coffee selection and the dining room wasn't over-crowded or sloppy as I've seen with some Embassy Suites in the past.

Great location! Close to grocery stores, parks, Lowell, and highway on-ramps. All-in-all I'd like to return here next time we book a trip to Flagstaff with our group.

Room Tip: Avoid the 3rd floor. It's hot and stuffy.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Nice enough people here but nothing special really. A few complaints though...

1) I requested a higher floor so that we might have a view of the city or the forest - I didn't really care, anything. But of all the rooms they could have put us in - four of us in my family - they stuck us in the room at the interior corner where the building is shaped like an L. So our view consisted of basically a tree and the other wall of the L.

2) The pillows kinda suck. They're too soft. I know, I know. That may sound funny, but even after stacking em three or four high, your head just sorta falls through em like a cloud and the outer area of the pillows puffs up around the sides of your head. Kinda uncomfortable trying to relax and watch TV when you can't even elevate your head a little with some support.

3) The bathroom smells like mildew. For that matter, the hallway smells like... I don't know. It smells like a desperate attempt to cover up something foul. Reminds me of Las Vegas sleaze.

4) One of the floor panels broke off. It came off while my wife was unplugging the curling iron just a few inches above it by the sink area. Maybe the last visitors broke it and didn't say anything to the staff, so it may be unfair to hold them accountable.

5) The sink faucet broke. Like, literally broke off. One of the arch-neck faucets that comes up from the counter-top, it broke off at the base. Thought I might be able to screw it back in, but there were no threads.

6) The desk chair that I'm sitting in right now as I type this, on our last night here, is also broken. It won't raise up, and it's stuck at the lowest setting. So I'm a little uncomfortable trying to use my laptop at this desk. I feel like one of those old ladies trying to see over the steering wheel.

7) Oh, also, if you stay here and have the breakfast, just go straight to the cook-to-order area. The eggs were cold. By cold, I don't mean room temperature. I mean cold.

Overall it was a chill and quiet stay, and the hotel staff were responsive when we asked for a couple bottled waters and an extra blanket. But it just strikes me as being a little cheaply held together with lackluster materials and coming up short on maintenance-type stuff. Even the chairs in the bar look old and cracked. It wasn't terrible, but could have been much better. And for the cost, it was quite a letdown.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Chad M
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Stayed here for 1 night and was moderately happy with it. Nice to have 2 big screen tv's and a love seat and chair to sit on in the living area. I think the hotel is showing its age a bit but seemed clean to us. Breakfast was decent, didn't take advantage of the cook to order area but a lot of people did.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple