“Business Stay”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Flagstaff
Ranked #12 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed 27 November 2013

The team was great. Nice location and great rooms. The separate living area made the room feel like a home. Only downside was the heater didn't work very well and it was snowing. I was only there one night so I just got extra blankets and left a note with the front desk to take a look at it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Not a chance I would stay here again. Stay down the street at the Hampton Inn and Suites or even the Holiday Inn. Cold yell outdated and not in a chic kind of way. Worn out, odors, noisy, and that is all 20 minutes after check in and 2 rooms later. Not a hotel snob. Just like clean (non odorific) properties. Just take my word, this is not a quaint older property. It is to be avoided.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Paul A
ESGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. I appreciate your candor; we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest suite appearance is an area we are actively examining.

As our property has gone through major improvements in the last year, we understand that our decor and style may not suit everyone. We strive to keep a rustic and lodge type feel to our property being that we are amidst the largest concentration of Ponderosa Pine Trees in the world.

I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share with me, and I hope that you will give us a second chance if your travels bring you back to our area in the future.

Amy Todd
Embassy Suites Flagstaff

Reviewed 17 November 2013

We had heard several recommendations to try the Embassy Suites on our (more frequent) trips to Flagstaff, so we gave it a try. I would have given them four stars if I hadn't been put in a smoking room I did not request and was not warned about at the desk while checking in. Otherwise, the rooms are fine, the staff courteous and the provided breakfast well above average. I appreciated the high shower head for this 6' 6" traveler.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
ESGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review. We appreciate any and all feedback regardless of its nature.

Unfortunately, your reservation was booked directly on our brand website. Your Hilton Honors profile also indicates that you prefer a smoking room. Once a room type is reserved, we do not make any changes to the reservation until we can speak direclty with the guest at checkin.

I am so very sorry for any inconveniences. Should you desire to change your Hilton Honors account preferences, you may login to your account and change your room preferences, contact Hilton Honors directly, or you may contact me directly and I will be happy to make those changes for you.

Again, we appreciate your time, loyalty to Hilton Hotels, and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to beautiful Pine Country.

Amy Todd
Embassy Suites Flagstaff

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 November 2013

One of the very best Hotels to stay in while visiting Flagstaff. The rooms are set up nicely. The evening reception is Fantastic. The Breakfast is Wonderful. We have stayed in many Hotels over the years in Flagstaff and this is our favorite.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

I've stayed in a number of Embassy Suites and they're all a little bit different.

Here our room was round the back and you used your card to enter a rear door near a lift.

The room itself had a lounge area with couch, wet bar and tv, a bedroom that had a sliding door to add to the quiet and a separate bathroom.

It looked pretty old fashioned and dark and could do with a lick of paint. The window in the lounge area was incapable of opening as the lock was broken which was annoying as the room felt stuffy. The air con was much more effective in the bedroom where you didn't really need it as the evenings were cool to the point of frost!

Breakfast was very good with a wide choice and fresh hot food but the queues were off putting. There were several large groups in who claimed huge areas of the breakfast room and just stayed there, apparently ignorant of others waiting to find a seat.

The best part was the evening reception. The nibbles weren't too enticing but the drinks were substantial and free flowing and the server helpful. Please note to only offer one white wine which was heavily oaked was a shame.

There is a laundry room which we used and a pool which we didn't as it was a bit breezy and the chill was too much.

You're located on a busy road but being at the back it was quiet, except for the early morning and very loud bin collection!

It takes around 15 minutes to walk into the old town area and there are several restaurants round about although most are fast food type joints. The best option is just a block or so back, on Reardon Rd, a family orientated Italian called Oreganos. We are there both nights and really enjoyed it. Beware, they get really busy!!

The hotel is handy to walk into town and to explore neighbouring attractions. I'd particularly recommend Walnut Canyon.

Just a little more TLC in the rooms and a strong hand in the management of the breakfast area would improve things enormously.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Loved it - great atmosphere with a fantastic staff all to willing to help, stayed in 2 room suite and loved it...close enough to th errand canyon and free drinks and nibbles...bit like staying in the shining at times but think that just added to the charm ...lovely atmosphere and they couldn't do enough to help

Room Tip: for 2 couples the 2 bedroom suite was great and a bargain...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I reserved and stayed in a two room/two bath suite because I was traveling with extended family. That spacious accommodation was perfect and such an advantage over two separate rooms. I consider myself lucky stumbling upon that option. The entire hotel exceeded my expectation and I plan on staying there again when I travel to the Flagstaff/Grand Canyon area. I absolutely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family