“Embassy Suites in Flagstaff is excellent.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Flagstaff
Ranked #11 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My family and I visit the cool pines and high mountains in the Flagstaff area during the summer to get out of the desert heat (Phoenix). We enjoy staying at the Embassy Suites in Flagstaff. The staff is very friendly. The hotel and rooms are very clean and well kept. The complimentary breakfasts are delicious too.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
ESGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you so much Juan for your great review! We can't wait to have you and your family stay with us again. We strive every day to make sure all of our guests have the greatest experience just like you did.

We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My reviews are typically positive, wanting to tip my fellow reviewers on good places to stay, but I'm making an exception in this case because my experience was truly poor. First of all, I was told my request for a quiet location was going to be honored only to find my first floor bedroom opened up to the courtyard pool, scores of screaming kids splashing around. When I called to the front desk I was informed my room (#137) was a quiet location and I was the first customer the desk attendant had ever had complain about noise. REALLY?! All I can say is they must have only had deaf folks staying in that room. Then there was the noisy fridge, the bedroom tv that didn't work, the musty smell and the mushy mattresses---topped off by the "free breakfast" which I never got because the seating is so limited there was no place to sit. Not sure why I'm giving Embassy Suites that second star---just feeling generous I guess!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mikeinscca
ESGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you taking the time to give us this feedback, as we are consistently trying to improve. We apologize for the crowds during your stay, and the fact that they did not appear to be managed as effectively as possible. Despite the occasional high traffic in our lobby during check-in and breakfast time, our staff truly does do their best to ensure that things run as smoothly and efficiently as possible, and we are sorry that this was not the case during your stay. We would love the opportunity to make it up to you, should you choose to stay with us again. Thank you for sharing your experience with us, and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Rooms are pretty small and furniture/carpet needs updating/cleaning, but overall not bad. Beds are comfy, two huge flat screen TVs were nice. Staff was nice and friendly. Even though the rooms are so so, I would probably come back for the free Happy Hour and complimentary made to order breakfast alone. That saves both time and money. If you're expecting fancy this is not your place. But for a quick weekend trip it's fine.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
ESGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with the condition of your suite. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed 8 July 2014

NICE MOTEL 20 YEARS AGO, but not now! The rooms are old and has a bad smell to them, the location is great, but not worth the money. The furniture looks like it came from the Goodwill store! Our next stay in Flagstaff will not be here, unless they have a major remodel of the rooms.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mary V
ESGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Mary,

Reviewed 3 July 2014

The room smelled musty. The bathroom had broken floor tiles and the bed was extremely uncomfortable. If it wasn't a 1 night stay, it won't have been 2 nights. When the front desk was told, I was handed my bill and sent on my way. Disappointing!!

2  Thank Robert V
ESGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for your review. We take all feedback very seriously and do everything we can to correct any issues that are in our control. We are continually making improvements to our hotel and have some major changes coming our way.

The beds are less than two years old and I am sorry to hear that it wasn't comfortable for you. Our beds are the same brand and what all come to expect in any Embassy Suites hotel.

We hope that you can give us another opportunity in the future should your travels bring you back to Flagstaff.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We have never been so disappointed in an Embassy Suites hotel before. The rooms had dark brown old carpet!!! There was hardly any light in the rooms. It reminded us of a dungeon!! It is so old that we could hear everything above us. Stay away!!!

Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Jim H
ESGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you felt this was the worst Embassy Suites stay due to our dark brown carpet and decor. We have completed a renovation on the rooms in the last couple of years and the decor is meant to maintain a rustic and lodge type feel as we are located in the largest concentration of ponderosa pine trees in the world.

While there are certainly more modern hotels, we purposely choose to stick with our rustic theme of Flagstaff. We do professionally clean our carpets quarterly and in between if necessary on an individual case by case basis.

We will definitely pass along your comments and we hope you give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We spent 3 nights here with our crazy kids. The room was clean & comfortable. The made to order breakfast was really, really good and there was something to make everyone in our family happy. The kids enjoyed the pool even though the water was too cold for my liking:) the only downside to me was with small kids, I would have preferred a bottom floor room so the jumping, running & stomping of my kids wouldn't be disturbing to whomever was below us.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you Hran for your great review! We are so pleased to know that you and your family enjoyed the hotel and all of our amenities we offer. We only hope that you don't take too long to visit us again soon.

Until next time...