“I didn't know what to do with so much space...”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Flagstaff
Ranked #12 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed 12 July 2009

Stayed here for business. The room was clean, quiet, and unbelievably roomy; I didn't expect to have two rooms (living area with couch, TV, refrigerator and wet bar with granite [faux] counter tops). This place was incredibly relaxing to come home to for the night and decompress/unwind, as I was in Flagstaff for a conference. I was unable to really experience/explore this hotel in detail, but if my impressions and memories serve me well, this was one of the nicest surprises I've had staying at a hotel.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank FrankTanana
Write a ReviewReviews (1,549)

Reviewed 7 July 2009

The only good about this hotel was breakfast.
The suite was small, carpeting dark and dirty in appearance. Very worn chair. Tight accomodations. Old tv. Only double beds, what's that all about? Could barely get in the bathroom to shut the door. A/c noisy. Need I say anymore about this place? Went to the Hampton Inn Suites and it was like night and day. Large room accomodations, new, flat screen tvs, fireplace, queen beds, large kitchen and breakfast bar, large bathroom area. Staff was extremely friendly.
I won't venture near the Embassy Suites again. Oh and the internet connection was free and the suite was cheaper than what I paid at the Embassy Suites.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank gabbyDelrayBeachFl
Reviewed 16 June 2009

Stayed here June 9, 2009 for one night.

We thought the hotel was great. It is a converted Comfort Suites therefore no huge atrium, but so what. Still had a nice suite and great breakfast. The check-in went smooth. Room was nice. We had the complimentary drinks which is where the one problem began...explained later. We had a comfortable sleep and did I mention a great breakfast! The sleeper sofa was not comfortable. Mattress is probably original. Needs to be changed out. Good location. We had dinner at Beaver Street Brewery....Very good!

As I stood in line to get a few complimentary drinks I noticed other people leaving tips. All I had was a couple of $20's. When it was my turn I politely asked for two beers and a ginger ale for my son. He saw I had no tip in my hand. After he served my drinks to me I politely said thank you very much. He threw his bar towel and said "No sir thank you very much and turned away. Little did he know I was going to go get some change and come back and leave a tip. I still did. Except instead of being polite about it I got his attention very loudly and said hetre's your tip...next time try to be a little nicer. The drinks are complimentary and when people are spending $150 for one night you shouldn't expect any tips. His face got red and I walked away.

I would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank osuffan
Reviewed 9 April 2009

Good for families: good b'fast, free eve drinks. Rooms are 2* but great for the $119 we paid. The big problem, like everything in central Flagstaff, is the constant train noise all night long.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2009

Very good value for money, good breakfasts with excellent "Starbucks"coffee. Depends what time you have breakfasts it can get a bit busy, but everone is polite so there is no real issues. Daily evening managers cocktail reception (5.30 - 7.30) a fantastic surprise with a good choice of beers and cocktails. Red, White and Rose wines quite drinkable. OK the furniture in the rooms now look a bit dated, however, very clean and comfortable and the beds were excellent. Makes such a difference to have the bedroom seperate from the livng area. Would saty again if back in Flagstaff.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2009

Embassy Suites usually has the bedroom separated from the sleeping quarters, as it did here. This is nice so the wife and kids can go to bed while I surf the 'net or watch tv, and I don't have to worry about keeping them up. The room in Flagstaff was fine (3rd floor), with no cosmetic issues. The hotel lounge, hot tub, eating area, etc. were as expected. Cook to order breakfast a plus. Lounge for beer, drinks, but not a restaurant for dinner (no need since they're all on the road). The TVs were nice because they had an input line to attach DVD player (in case you can't find Barney or Sesame Street on the channel line-up, or if you don't want your kids to see commercieals). For me, this little thing is often the sign of a quality hotel.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 February 2009

This is a nice Embassy suites. Rooms are spacious. Fireplace in thecommon area and a nice happy hour and breakfast. Location is convenient to restaurants, ski areas, hiking areas etc

Staff are all helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple