“Not impressed”

Ranked #10 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Phoenix
“Not impressed”
Reviewed 26 August 2009

As several have mentioned this hotel needs an update. Everything feels worn and tired. My family and I stayed here using Hilton points and feel like we got what we paid for - which was not much. Reserving two rooms, we were hoping for something adjacent. While the room numbers were 111 and 112, there was one problem - the back entrance door from the parking lot was in between us, along with the exit hallway. No big deal but the exit door did not close gently but rather slammed each time someone entered or left the building, shaking the walls (and our nerves all night long). Of all the rooms in the hotel these must be the least desirable. I'm afraid I can only conclude I now understand how the Hilton Rewards system works. Be loyal to the brand but when you try to cash in, provide the bare minimum and give better rooms to the "paying" guests. I would not stay here the next time in Flagstaff.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank AZJack

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Bloomington, IL
Reviewed 10 August 2009

In comparison to other Embassy Suites (see Loveland, CO), this one needs an overhaul. The owners really dropped the ball when they let the Drury Inn snag the conference center location. A brand new embassy with the open atrium design would have been a real coup. This Embassy has smaller rooms and a very crowded breakfast/gathering area. The pool is nice, but could be bigger. One definite asset for the property is Willie the bar manager. What a great guy; always friendly and working hard during the happy hour!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Sacramento
Reviewed 5 August 2009

The Embassy is a nice hotel in a strip of motels. The room we had was a little small compared to other Embassy Suites hotels. It was a little tricky to walk around the living room area. The breakfast room was very crowded with not nearly enough seating, although the staff was very attentive and friendly.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Chicago
Reviewed 12 July 2009

Stayed here for business. The room was clean, quiet, and unbelievably roomy; I didn't expect to have two rooms (living area with couch, TV, refrigerator and wet bar with granite [faux] counter tops). This place was incredibly relaxing to come home to for the night and decompress/unwind, as I was in Flagstaff for a conference. I was unable to really experience/explore this hotel in detail, but if my impressions and memories serve me well, this was one of the nicest surprises I've had staying at a hotel.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank FrankTanana
Delray Beach Fl
Reviewed 7 July 2009

The only good about this hotel was breakfast.
The suite was small, carpeting dark and dirty in appearance. Very worn chair. Tight accomodations. Old tv. Only double beds, what's that all about? Could barely get in the bathroom to shut the door. A/c noisy. Need I say anymore about this place? Went to the Hampton Inn Suites and it was like night and day. Large room accomodations, new, flat screen tvs, fireplace, queen beds, large kitchen and breakfast bar, large bathroom area. Staff was extremely friendly.
I won't venture near the Embassy Suites again. Oh and the internet connection was free and the suite was cheaper than what I paid at the Embassy Suites.

Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank gabbyDelrayBeachFl
Buckeye Nation
Reviewed 16 June 2009

Stayed here June 9, 2009 for one night.

We thought the hotel was great. It is a converted Comfort Suites therefore no huge atrium, but so what. Still had a nice suite and great breakfast. The check-in went smooth. Room was nice. We had the complimentary drinks which is where the one problem began...explained later. We had a comfortable sleep and did I mention a great breakfast! The sleeper sofa was not comfortable. Mattress is probably original. Needs to be changed out. Good location. We had dinner at Beaver Street Brewery....Very good!

As I stood in line to get a few complimentary drinks I noticed other people leaving tips. All I had was a couple of $20's. When it was my turn I politely asked for two beers and a ginger ale for my son. He saw I had no tip in my hand. After he served my drinks to me I politely said thank you very much. He threw his bar towel and said "No sir thank you very much and turned away. Little did he know I was going to go get some change and come back and leave a tip. I still did. Except instead of being polite about it I got his attention very loudly and said hetre's your tip...next time try to be a little nicer. The drinks are complimentary and when people are spending $150 for one night you shouldn't expect any tips. His face got red and I walked away.

I would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank osuffan
pasadena,ca
Reviewed 9 April 2009

Good for families: good b'fast, free eve drinks. Rooms are 2* but great for the $119 we paid. The big problem, like everything in central Flagstaff, is the constant train noise all night long.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family