“Pleasant Stay”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Flagstaff
Ranked #13 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed 21 March 2010

My family and I stayed here for 5 nights, and enjoyed the room very much. My husband and I have three small children, so it was much appreciated to have a refrigerator and microwave in the room. We also relished the free breakfast every morning. I expected it to be a limited amount of options since it was free, but instead it was quite a wide variety. Overall I only left the hotel with two small complaints that another traveler might want to consider. One, the "clean" dishes they put out on the buffet were really not that clean. I picked up many a plate and many a fork in our 5 days there that were totally crusted in yesterday's food. Ick! Beware of that. Two, we stayed on the bottom floor and we heard every footstep of the people above us. The floors/ceilings are not as quiet as I have experienced in other hotels. Again, I think these are not major enough things to make this a bad stay. The hotel was quite pleasant and the staff was very friendly. I would recommend this place to a friend, and I would even stay here again myself.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Vakationer
Write a ReviewReviews (1,549)

Reviewed 10 March 2010

I stayed at this hotel in room 102 for one night on a business trip. First the good things -- the employees I encountered were very friendly and welcoming. The hotel is located in a good spot -- there is a Walgreens down the street and a few restaurants in the ara. The furnishings in the rooms are nice - flat screen televisions in the livingroom and bedroom. There is also free wireless internet access, which is nice (though it was a bit spotty for me). Some things in the room are little odd -- like they give you a full-sized bar of Dial soap in the shower, but no soap at the sink. The showerhead in my room squirted water all over the place, so I got a bit of a shower before getting into my shower. Also, the bathroom floor was unbelievably cold -- had to actually put towels down on it to avoid frostbite (ok, not really, but it was very cold). Also, I think the ceilings need some insulation or sound-proofing of some sort, as I could also hear the people above me every time they walked on their floor.

The worst part of this hotel is the room service. First off, the menu is extremely limited (salads, sandwiches, chips, and pizza). It's lunch-type food, not dinner. You call a number outside the hotel -- not sure where the restaurant is located exactly. I ordered a turkey and cheese sandwich with a salad, which was served on paper plates. My sandwich was ok, except that it didn't come with lettuce and tomato as advertised. The salad was the worst. I would have been better off buying a bag of salad mix at the grocery store - the lettuce was turning rusty and there wasn't very much in the salad besides lettuce. Also, you can't charge the room service to your room, so that's inconvenient.

Overall, this hotel is what I'd expect from a Holiday Inn Express, not an Embassy Suites, which I usually expect to be nicer than this one was. That being said, it looked to be one of the nicer properties to stay at in Flagstaff, so I guess I would stay here again -- I just wouldn't eat here and I'd request a room on the top floor.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Sarah L
Reviewed 23 December 2009

The hotel is dingy and the rooms are claustrophobic and smell.

Check-in was a joke. I took one look at the sour face on the girl at the front desk and new she would have nothing but bad news. She didn't have a room ready for me. I walked out to my car, and then came immediately back in to ask a question. The new guy at the front desk miraculously had a room ready for me. Elapsed time from "Sorry no rooms ready" to "Sure no problem" was 20 seconds. The sour faced girl must have not liked me or something.

The breakfast was pure chaos. 20 people in line at any given time waiting for plates. Someone occasionally bringing out 10 plates at a time and not bother with forks or spoons.

The final insult was a letter from the manager delivered with my bill asking me that if I get a survey to make sure I take time to fill it out and please only put 9's and 10's because anything else is counted as a 0.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank online_identity
Reviewed 9 October 2009

Loved my stay here. Great breakfast to start the day. This hotel is very convenient to attractions. Very easy to get to the Grand Canyon and Sedona was also very close. And the drive to Sedona was breathtaking. Be sure to check out the brochures for other attractions in the area because they are certainly there. You will also want to stop by the roadside stands and purchase the wares from the local Indians. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2009
1  Thank BikeTripTimeAgain
Reviewed 8 October 2009

Decent place. Lower end Embassy suites. However, same basic breakfast and nice staff. Hotel was full so I was unable to switch rooms. Didn't get much sleep. We were right by the machine room for the elevator. For almost $200 I would pass if I went again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank 4service
Reviewed 7 September 2009

We stayed at Embassy suites hotel in Flagstaff and it had the regular great 2 bedroom suite, excellent breakfast and great service. The street that it is located on was extremely busy with many restaurants and other hotels. There is also an outdoor swimming pool.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2009

As several have mentioned this hotel needs an update. Everything feels worn and tired. My family and I stayed here using Hilton points and feel like we got what we paid for - which was not much. Reserving two rooms, we were hoping for something adjacent. While the room numbers were 111 and 112, there was one problem - the back entrance door from the parking lot was in between us, along with the exit hallway. No big deal but the exit door did not close gently but rather slammed each time someone entered or left the building, shaking the walls (and our nerves all night long). Of all the rooms in the hotel these must be the least desirable. I'm afraid I can only conclude I now understand how the Hilton Rewards system works. Be loyal to the brand but when you try to cash in, provide the bare minimum and give better rooms to the "paying" guests. I would not stay here the next time in Flagstaff.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family