Decided to escape the Phoenix heat and head to Flagstaff for the weekend, and found the local Holiday Inn Express, which at times can be hit or miss. This one was, well, alright.
Checking was painless and the staff was quite friendly. Plus they had cookies out, so I am easy to win over. The room was clean and well made when we got there. About the size and the amenities one would expect from a HIE, including the tiny fridge and the tiny couch in the Single King standard room.
The hotel is in a somewhat commercial and industrial area with I-40 on one side and the train tracks on the other. We had a freeway facing room and I found there to be very little road noise. On the train facing side, the trains are frequent, but don't blow their horn through town either, though I I don't know how loud the rest of the train noise gets.
The real downside was the bed, which is probably the most important aspect of any hotel. There was still the firm and soft pillows on the bed, but they seemed really old and lumpy. It took a lot of folding and bunching just to make them comfortable. The mattress its self felt like it was plastic. It was pretty hard (not firm, but hard) and its self kind of lumpy as well. It reminded me of a king size version of my college dorm mattress, which is not a good thing. Needless to say, it wasn't the best night's sleep. Oh, I've stayed on plenty worse mattresses at other hotels, but this was not the quality sleep I've come to expect from the Holiday Inn Express brand.
The breakfast was standard Holiday In Express fare, if you been to one before, you will know exactly what to expect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When traveling to Northern Arizona for business or leisure, Stay Smart at the Flagstaff Holiday Inn Express Hotel. We are centrally located to many Flagstaff attractions including Historic Rt. 66, Northern Arizona University, Lowell Observatory, Museum of N. AZ and the Riordan Mansion. Breath taking monuments like Grand Canyon, Sedona, the Red Rocks, Meteor Crater, Sunset Crater, Painted Desert and the Petrified Forest are nearby and a must see for all traveling through.The Flagstaff Holiday Inn Express Hotel is also the right place for relaxation and great hospitality! Our guests can enjoy views of the San Francisco Peaks from many of our wonderful guest rooms. All our comfortable rooms include a host of amenities including complimentary high-speed Internet access. Come sit and relax by our cozy fireplace in the evenings or have fun in our arcade room. Stop by our Express Start Breakfast Bar every morning for a deluxe hot continental breakfast served complimentary to all our guests. The hotel also has an outdoor/ indoor heated pool, a spa and a fitness center. The Flagstaff Holiday Inn Express offers meeting & banquet facilities, and also provides complimentary shuttle services to both the Flagstaff Airport & Amtrak Station. The staff at the Flagstaff Holiday Inn Express Hotel are always eager to provide you with friendly, courteous and professional service. We look forward to seeing you here! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Flagstaff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Flagstaff
- Holiday Inn Flagstaff
- Holiday Inn Express Flagstaff North America