Holiday Inn Express Flagstaff
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewscinnamon rollsgrand canyonsales managerroom was cleanpancake machinefree breakfastbottled waterthe breakfast areacracker barrelfront desk staffyogurtwould stay here againnice stayhot breakfasteasy accessup to dateconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 September 2013

First the positives. We had preferred a room closer to the GC in Williams but soon realized everything there was booked. Thankfully this Holiday Inn Express could accommodate us late into the night.

We were quoted a room rate of $159 but were thankfully able to take full advantage of the military rate of $97. That hasn't always been our experience when it's late and hotels look like they will fill for the night.

The front desk staff was quick, friendly and efficient.

The room was tidy, well stocked with towels and had Bath and Bodyworks complimentary toiletries.

The negatives include just having that old "we've tried to cover up decades of cigarette smoke with air fresheners" smell. My son remarked that the hallway smelled like grape medicine when we stepped off the elevator. As a family of people who are highly allergic and sensitive to smoke smells, that was a downer.

The room was certainly adequate. However the pillow situation was horrible. I can sleep pretty much anywhere but I literally watched the clock at every hour on the hour because of horrible pillows.

Seriously, every pillow I tried felt like a flattened potato chip bag full of lumpy crumbs. Ultimately I just slept without a pillow. So a bad night of sleep will linger as we spend our day seeing the Grand Canyon.

All in all a very basic, Holiday Inn Express experience. Thankful for the hot breakfast and accessibility to the interstate so we can enjoy the rest of our trip.

• Stayed: September 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2013

Dear ECRWood,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We are so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us and regret the issues you experienced with the room you received. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and providing us your feedback.

Joel B

Reviewed 16 September 2013

This hotel was dated but located near the interstate. Room were average breakfast in the morning was the usual. Cereal, eggs, Danish , yogurt and pancakes. The lady working there made sure everything was filled and cleaned. Front desk was friendly and helpful. I had a problem getting on my iPad and she helped me right away. Checkout was very easy also.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dear Valentinebabynj,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am pleased you were satisfied with the services you received during check out and to hear our hotel front desk's hard work and efforts been acknowledged by our guests. We strive to please our guests and we are apologetic that you were faced with some inconveniences with the condition of the property. Your comments have been documented and will be passed to the appropriate management for future upgrades.

Again, thank you for your comments. We hope to have the chance to serve you again.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope to serve you again soon.

Zelyn N

Reviewed 5 September 2013

This is an older dated facility. Has some of the required HILEX refresh room upgrade requirements but not particularly well done. Almost seems like it was converted from an old Holiday Inn type hotel whereas my experience with the Expresses have been to have newer facilities.

The indoor/outdoor pool was closed due to light rain, per the facilities department to the disappointment of our children. Front desk was friendly enough but did not acknowledge being a IHG or Priority Club member, much less a Platinum member. This isn't anything new as I've stayed at a number of IHG properties since the program changed in July and the greeting/amenity that used to happen under the old Priority Club seems to have gone away.

Anyway, there was plenty of parking but overall I would say the condition of this property is on the lower end of what I've experienced at other Holiday Inn Expresses.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2013

Dear bcolbyiii,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the service you received from our hotel. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Paid more money to stay in this hotel due to reviews and the indoor pool.. this place was horrible! the pools were closed the entire 3 days I was there. My kids were miserable! Very disappointed in this place..and wouldn't refund any of my money. everyday they would promise the pool to be open the next day. but it never was!

Room Tip: Their dishonest!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank IVQueen

Dear IVQueen,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Flagstaff.

Orlando A.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

The rafting company for our Colorado River trip uses this hotel, so it wasn't a choice on our part, but there was no problem. Convenient location next to the highway, small lobby, friendly/helpful staff. Very nice breakfast included in the room rate -- eggs, bacon/sausage, cold cereals, bagels, warm cinnamon rolls, make-your-own-pancake-machine, fresh fruit, milk/coffee/juice. Clean, comfortable room.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family