This hotel is currently undergoing renovations, and we were assured from the moment we made our reservations that this would not impact our stay. Apparently Holiday Inn Express' view of 'no impact' is very different than mine. We visited for a softball tournament, and had we not been required to stay at this particular hotel in agreement with the tournament, we would have found somewhere else to stay.
There is currently no access to the front driveway, which definitely impacted our stay (and ability to get to the front door and unload our belongings) and the whole place looks rundown. The elevators are slow and dark with paint chipping, and there do not appear to be stairs available for when you don't want to wait for the elevator. (isn't that the law? I thought it was. I could be wrong, I just thought it was a requirement.)
Rooms are in need of work. They've recently had newer carpeting, and furnishings are ok, but our toilet seat in the bathroom was chipped and had questionable stains on it throughout our stay. Our tub had a slow drain, so it filled as anyone took a shower. Doorjambs are bent, or broken, and housekeeping service seemed cursory at best.
Yes, there is a free breakfast, but it's mainly white bread products, scrambled egg patties (???) and sugared yogurt. I understand you get what you pay for, but for $170/night, I expect a bit more.
I gave two stars because the service was pretty good, and there were some nice touches like cookies out in the afternoon and iced citrus water available. Just very frustrated that I paid the amount I paid for very little in return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When traveling to Northern Arizona for business or leisure, Stay Smart at the Flagstaff Holiday Inn Express Hotel. We are centrally located to many Flagstaff attractions including Historic Rt. 66, Northern Arizona University, Lowell Observatory, Museum of N. AZ and the Riordan Mansion. Breath taking monuments like Grand Canyon, Sedona, the Red Rocks, Meteor Crater, Sunset Crater, Painted Desert and the Petrified Forest are nearby and a must see for all traveling through.The Flagstaff Holiday Inn Express Hotel is also the right place for relaxation and great hospitality! Our guests can enjoy views of the San Francisco Peaks from many of our wonderful guest rooms. All our comfortable rooms include a host of amenities including complimentary high-speed Internet access. Come sit and relax by our cozy fireplace in the evenings or have fun in our arcade room. Stop by our Express Start Breakfast Bar every morning for a deluxe hot continental breakfast served complimentary to all our guests. The hotel also has an outdoor/ indoor heated pool, a spa and a fitness center. The Flagstaff Holiday Inn Express offers meeting & banquet facilities, and also provides complimentary shuttle services to both the Flagstaff Airport & Amtrak Station. The staff at the Flagstaff Holiday Inn Express Hotel are always eager to provide you with friendly, courteous and professional service. We look forward to seeing you here! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Flagstaff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Flagstaff
- Holiday Inn Flagstaff
- Holiday Inn Express Flagstaff North America