“Affordable option, Dated but clean for NAU visit”

Days Hotel Flagstaff
Ranked #23 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I booked using frequent flyer miles so I wasn't sure of the exact type of room we'd be getting and I mistakenly booked this hotel on the more eastern side of town instead of the west side where I would have preferred to stay after seeing the town and it's set up.. Decided to just leave the reservation as is, and headed on in to Flagstaff from California.

The customer service representative at the front desk was very friendly, he was very professional and offered me a room on the 3rd floor, said they were quieter. I have no complaints about hearing neighbors, etc, however, please be aware that there is a railroad behind the hotel, so you will hear the trains, their horns and the bells from the crossings. I was so tired, honestly from the straight through drive that it did not affect my sleep either night, but we did hear them in the early mornings when we were waking up.

The gentleman who was working the front desk when we checked in during the evening hours was extremely helpful again when I needed to have him bring a roll-away bed as as the person we were visiting from NAU decided to stay with us in our room. Roll-away beds were an additional $10.

Rooms were somewhat small, the roll-away did not fit anywhere except for right in the area in front of the first bed/door hallway which meant the bathroom was inaccessible during the night without crawling over the person in the roll-away bed. Bathrooms were extremely small but clean. Definitely a bit dated, with the pale blue tiles that reminded e of a 60's bathroom and some sketchy patch jobs with caulking. Overall the room was clean, however. Sliding door was difficult to open, kept catching on the rails on the bottom but we rarely used the slider or balcony, as it overlooked dirt field filled with what looked like used cars and motorhomes but the view of the mountains further back was nice. Room had a fridge and a small microwave, which was nice. There was a coffee maker in our room but when I ran my hand inside the water compartment to check to see if it was clean, a black "film" came off onto my fingers, so I did not use the coffee maker and walked down to the lobby to grab a couple cups of coffee instead. I just find that most hotel rooms coffee makers are pretty unsanitary, not just this hotels, and I'm particular about that.

Beds were firm but comfortable. I was worried when I first sat on them that they would be too firm, but I slept just fine. I guess that is what happens when you are dead tired from driving 8 hours straight.

We have a business in custom swimming pool construction so I always check out the pools and although we did not use the pool area, I would like to comment on how CLEAN THE POOL was. I've seen a lot of hotel and other commercial pools and although the pool and spa is small, it has to be one of the cleanest and well kept pool areas I've come across recently. Plaster and tile was in excellent repair, and the water crystal clean. I was impressed.

Overall, it was not exactly what I was expecting but it was good enough for what little time we were there. I would prefer to stay at some of the newer hotels on the West end of campus/town next time, but as this was our first visit, I did not know this was the older part of town. Much newer and nicer hotels on the other side, including another Days Inn Hotel, however, the wonderful staff made the stay enjoyable nonetheless. As a side note to whoever might be reading the reviews, my teenage daughters said a floor length mirror is much needed in the rooms. :)

If you are looking for an affordable, no frills place to stay and won't be spending much time in your room, you'll be fine here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tammy B

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I was looking for a hotel w/an indoor pool in the Williams/Flagstaff area to stay when we went to Bearizona. The rate was great, hotel was clean, and the food was great at the hotel restaurant. It's not a fancy place by far but it was perfect for a night w/the kids.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family