“Just wanted my hard earned money”

Howard Johnson Inn - Flagstaff
Ranked #51 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Winslow, Arizona
“Just wanted my hard earned money”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The howard johnson on east rt 66, by the museum club charged me 167 dollars on a friday and did not have the nerve to tell me there was going to be construction at 8 in the morning the next day. the only reason for the stay there was to visit the museum club and walk back to hotel. next morning I'm complaining for my room vibrating from the construction. their only avail was a 10$ refund on stay. Totally not worth it for the next time. Do not stay there.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask more questions about the next day. Seems like once transaction was made you were f...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
familyinn, Guest Relations Manager at Howard Johnson Inn - Flagstaff, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Hello Del L,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us your concerns during your stay at our hotel. Allow us to serve you better in the future, please provide us the room that you stayed in as well as the date of your check in so that I can verify all your comments and have our management address this matter accordingly. Please know that your satisfaction is always our top priority and that is one reason why our hotel is undergoing renovation so that we could offer you and our guests with a better Howard Johnson Inn experience. I assure you that they will look into your concerns carefully. Thank you very much for your business. I hope you will allow us another chance to provide you better services in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Blanding, Utah
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I like to think of myself as thrifty and choose accommodations accordingly. I was very pleasantly surprised with the quality of room at this Motel on Route 66 in Flagstaff. The room was large and nicely furnished with a great bathroom. My needs for a ground floor room do to a disability were met. There was not a breakfast provided but the restaurant in front was interesting and the from scratch food was great.I will stay here again.

Room Tip: If train noise bothers you, ask for a room to the back of the property. I didn't notice train no...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank PALMER B
familyinn, Guest Relations Manager at Howard Johnson Inn - Flagstaff, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Hello PALMER B,

It is rewarding to know that we have sufficed your preference during your recent stay with us. Thank you for not hesitating to give us your business. We will continue on working very closely to be able to consistently provide our guests the quality of services you deserve for choosing to stay with us. Please know that our staff are always available to attend to our guests needs at anytime. Do not hesitate to call their attention should you need assistance during your stay.
Farmington, New Mexico
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I am absolutely puzzled and baffled by some of the previous reviews... Not sure which hotel they were staying in but the rooms were recently renovated and modernized... The showers were fully tiled with easy entry showers, excellent sink/counter area, fridge, coffee maker, etc... The rooms were very clean and the cable tv worked just fine... Internet was a little spotty the further your room was from the main area but after the staff reset the router, it worked just fine and we were in a room furthest from the office... The pool area was clean, and the pool was great!

The staff were very friendly, even when faced with some extremely rude guests from North Carolina (shame on you!), who complained that their children's feet were made dirty by the carpets - however, I think it had more to do with the fact that children had been outside barefoot... really?

And for those complaining about the trains.. obviously you've never been to Flag before... the trains can be heard pretty much anywhere in the central district and immediate area - ITS A MAIN TRAIN CROSS-COUNTRY TRAIN ROUTE FOLKS! (And by they way, it wasnt even that bad in the hotel).

The restaurant attached to the hotel served excellent home-style food breakfast, lunch, and dinner! The hotel is VERY conveniently located on route 66 about 1.5 miles from the interstate and easy to find.

Book online for a better rate and choose this hotel - we will!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
familyinn, Guest Relations Manager at Howard Johnson Inn - Flagstaff, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Hello Marcus,

Please know that we are truly humbled by your feedback for our hotel. Thank you for your positive review and for taking note of our effort to be able to provide convenience, comfort and affordable services. Your feedback will certainly bring our team an inspiration to work very closely and maintain the quality of accommodation you enjoyed with us. It will always be a pleasure having you in our hotel.
Show Low
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I paid full price. I received no discount but got less than I paid for. No hot water no internet. I undrestand stuff happens. The water heater failed but if a business fails to deliver the service advertised it should charge full price.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

familyinn, Guest Relations Manager at Howard Johnson Inn - Flagstaff, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Hello Mr Timothy,

I regret that you were not able to completely received the services in our hotel during your stay. Please provide us the date and room number assigned to you. I will accelerate your feedback so that this is evaluated and addressed accordingly. This will also be submitted to management . I assure you that they will look into your concerns carefully. Thank you very much for your business. I hope you will allow us another chance to provide you better services in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels