“A property in need of renovation”

Quality Inn I-40 & I-17
Ranked #47 of 64 Hotels in Flagstaff
Manhattan, Kansas
“A property in need of renovation”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We stayed two nights at this property in late September. It is badly in need of renovation and updating. The linens were thread bare and the walls showed evidence of old pictures and fixtures being attached that were no longer there. In fact the wood light fixture plates were still on the walls and there were table lamps at bed side. The carpeting was old, faded and worn. I couldn't decide if they were in transition or just making do with what they had. I will say on a positive note the personnel were helpful and friendly but the facility is sadly lacking. Choice Hotels would do well to examine this property.

Room Tip: This property is well back from the main road and was quiet. Recommend ground floor as there is no...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Polish first
Vista, California
Reviewed 20 September 2013

So you drive up to the hotel and the first thing you notice is that it is an older property and an unusual configuration. You park and walk into the lobby and it is really neat with a circular stair case in the middle of the area. The staff is outstanding. Period. The hotel is well used but clean and the rooms are large and convenient. Make sure you go to Busters to eat. and it is only a couple of blocks away. The best shrimp ever and in Flagstaff no less.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank ProfessorACB
Maple Park, Illinois
Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

Very satisfactory. Just a little older. Hard to find from both interstates, as it is tucked into a hill in the midst of TONS of hotels & restaurants. Nice mattress, very nice pillows. Large breakfast selection.:

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Wilma608
South of England
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We have stayed here before and used it again. A good Quality Inn - easy location. Great for going to Grand Canyon. Good breakfast selection. Good sized rooms. Easy to park at. Diners and restaurants all close by. Interstate 40 near by for getting here too.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank newman_david
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

When we arrived, I noticed hundreds of pictures near the check in desk. I asked about them and was told all the pictures in the rooms were being updated. At that point, I didn't think much about it and continued to check in. As we entered the hallway, there was a bad smell, but we still continued to room. When we entered our room, I smelled cigarette smoke and mold instantly. It was supposed to be a non smoking room. The " new" pictures that had been put up were much smaller than the previous ones and the outline of the older pics were obvious. No one had bothered to clean the walls or repaint. That's when I noticed how dirty and grimy everything was. And the smell was getting worse. Our friends were in the next room and she is allergic to both cigarette smoke and mold. We immediately began trying to find another hotel. My husband and hers sat on the bed. We were successful with other accommodations. The only bright spot of this experience was the friendly staff who quickly and graciously checked us out. By the time we got to our new hotel, both of our husbands were itching and we could clearly see three bug bites on our friend. DON'T STAY HERE!

• Stayed August 2013

Travellers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I didn't expect much here since just needed a less expensive room for one night. If you are arriving by car from the north via the main road through town, it's tricky to find the correct turn for the hotel. Turn in south of the sign, otherwise you end up in a church campus. Follow an uphill lane to the hotel. The property is acceptable and reception very pleasant. Room was spacious, beds too firm and very small pillows. Small bathroom, very small sink area. Quiet room accept for late night arrivals; doors slam in the hallway. No clothes closet, only a standing cabinet with hangars, iron, etc. I stayed on a weekend and the morning breakfast area was extremely crowded; no seating since breakfast area uses the sofas and side chairs in the lobby. That was taken over by one group, so people took breakfast back to their rooms. Organization of the breakfast selections was odd and caused people to go back & forth between food stations to find what they needed. At first the breakfast items looked good: the usual scrambled eggs, sausage, pastries, but then it hit me --- the SMELL. Something was wrong with the eggs and sausage. Since I was already in my room I just threw away everything. Stay with just the pastries and coffee. The location is OK, but I'm not likely to stay at this Quality Inn again. Next time will try the one on Lucky Lane.

Room Tip: East-facing rooms on the south wing are likely the quietest. If you don't mind one flight of sta...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Cambridge, Ontario
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

As we approached the hotel at night it seemed to be an odd layout, but we were booked and ready for bed. The lobby had a musty smell, but the front desk staff was very friendly and even had fresh baked banana bread awaiting our arrival. A nice touch for sure. As we entered the hotel nearer to our room, I was a little nervous as the carpets were water stained and very worn. When we got to our room, we were pleasantly surprised as the carpets, beds and bathrooms had been newly renovated (they even have the boxes of the newly shipped in pictures still in the lobby). This hotel was clean and had an amazing breakfast with super yummy sausages! Don't let the old dated outsides fool you, this hotel is great!

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family