“Yuk”

Quality Inn I-40 & I-17
Ranked #48 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We stayed here only because it was the only vacancy. Although the hotel was very close to everything, I would not recommend . The room was "clean" at first glance, but the tub was dirty looking, and paint was peeling behind the bathroom door and bathroom walls. Breakfast was a nightmare, as there is not tables to sit at, just random chairs. We had to go to our room to eat. The beds were hard as well.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank michelle21572

Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

I arrived to this hotel on Friday afternoon about 3pm. They were 100% booked as were probably all other hotels in Flagstaff, for a weekend kickoff to ski season over the holiday weekend. Having never been to Flagstaff I had a little trouble finding the place. At check in the attendant indicated that my room had one bed. I explained that I asked for two beds on the reservation because there were three in my party. She said that they had no rooms left with two beds. I asked if there as anything we could do (maybe a room with a pullout or a rollaway?). I was offered to cancel my room and check out! WOW! I accepted the offer of no help?! And continued...I asked if they had any information about the town (restaurants, places to see, etc.) and they gave me a sort of blank stare. One of the attendants simply said I should "go downtown, that's where everything is at". I asked of there was free wifi? Yes.
So the room door opens to the outside...it made for a bit of a chilly room. There was an awful stench in the bathroom sink. Other than that the room appeared clean on the surface. The room was only two or three doors down from the laundry. I could hear the machines running all day and all night. This could rank in one of my worst night's sleep ever. We got up early just to put an end to our miserable night. While they offered a free breakfast of some sort we did not try it. We were happy to get out of there. We had a long day of skiing at SnowBowl and went back to the hotel. But we left the room in the late afternoon, despite the fact that we had already paid for another night. I couldn't bare the thought of sleeping there another night. This room may have been acceptable if I was in college, or looking to stay someplace for as little as $ possible. It was a bed in a room after all. And it was clean. There is no excuse for poor attitudes in front office staff in my book, no matter if it is a 5-star or 1-star hotel.

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Hotel was musty smelling! Beds had springs popping out and room had paint peeling. It was the worst part of what should have been a memorable experience. Thus the reason parking lot was empty but hotel across the street was packed. Not worth the money!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We stayed two nights at this property in late September. It is badly in need of renovation and updating. The linens were thread bare and the walls showed evidence of old pictures and fixtures being attached that were no longer there. In fact the wood light fixture plates were still on the walls and there were table lamps at bed side. The carpeting was old, faded and worn. I couldn't decide if they were in transition or just making do with what they had. I will say on a positive note the personnel were helpful and friendly but the facility is sadly lacking. Choice Hotels would do well to examine this property.

Room Tip: This property is well back from the main road and was quiet. Recommend ground floor as there is no...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2013

So you drive up to the hotel and the first thing you notice is that it is an older property and an unusual configuration. You park and walk into the lobby and it is really neat with a circular stair case in the middle of the area. The staff is outstanding. Period. The hotel is well used but clean and the rooms are large and convenient. Make sure you go to Busters to eat. and it is only a couple of blocks away. The best shrimp ever and in Flagstaff no less.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank ProfessorACB
Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

Very satisfactory. Just a little older. Hard to find from both interstates, as it is tucked into a hill in the midst of TONS of hotels & restaurants. Nice mattress, very nice pillows. Large breakfast selection.:

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Wilma608
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We have stayed here before and used it again. A good Quality Inn - easy location. Great for going to Grand Canyon. Good breakfast selection. Good sized rooms. Easy to park at. Diners and restaurants all close by. Interstate 40 near by for getting here too.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family