There are two Quality Inns in Flagstaff. In my AAA Guide this Inn advertised
that there was "no train noise". The trains go through Flagstaff (and along Route 66) every half hour or so in the daytime and about every two hours or less at night.
They had a hip young staff at the desk on the night shift - very patient and bi-lingual, I noticed. It's right off a major cross-country Interstate (40) and on a major north-south Interstate.
We were there in March and the pool was not open. They did have a free internet work station in the lobby next to the entrance - with a sign-up sheet at the desk. The breakfast was decent but only ten places to sit in the lobby - no real tables - so most people who came down after 7:30 am had to take a tray of food back to their room - very inconvenient. One of the stairs was a small spiral stair! Kids were playing on that!
My room was off the Lobby with no door in the corridor so I could hear
people asking questions at the Front Desk and any other activity in the Lobby.
AND there WAS train noise! Woke up at least three times in the night!
The next morning I confronted the day manager and all he offered was an apology "Yes, well, sorry...it's a seasonal thing...no leaves on the trees
this time of year...yes, under the right conditions...yes, well..there's LESS train noise here...you did hear the train? I'm sorry."
He wasn't going to do more or say more. It was very annoying.
There are many attractions around Flagstaff - the Grand Canyon, of course, is an hour and a half away (and Williams is near, where you can take the Grand Canyon Railroad to the Canyon). We went to the Painted Desert and the Petrified Forest on our way to Flagstaff. Next day we started out at Sunset Crater National Park - and still managed to see the South Rim of the Grand Canyon that day until sunset. This Quality Inn is right off the road to
Sedona and Oak Creek.
I am including photos - the first from the parking lot of the Quality Inn.
The next from Sunset Volcano. The last will be from the Grand Canyon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Before heading to the beautiful city of Flagstaff, Arizona, you should book with our Quality Inn I-40 & I-17 hotel near Northern Arizona University. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, getaroom.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quality Inn I-40 & I-17 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn University Hotel Flagstaff
- Quality Inn Flagstaff
- Flagstaff Quality Inn
- Quality Inn I-40 & I-17 Flagstaff, North America