“Excellent stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Toronto
“Excellent stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

Our stay was excellent! We stayed here for 2 nights as part of our honeymoon as it was close to the Grand Canyon (about 1.5hrs). Daniel was excellent! He was extremely helpful during our entire stay... it wouldn't have been the same experience without you. So thank you so much!! He made sure the room suited our needs and provided excellent tips of places around the area.
As for the hotel, although it was a bit older, we were pleasantly surprised with our room. It was modern had flat screen tv and the bed was extremely comfortable. You could control the firmness on the bed and we slept like babies! I would definitely recommend staying at the Radisson Woodlands! We had an excellent time. Thank you Daniel!

Room Tip: Our king bed was soooo comfortable, you can control the firmness on each side (it was on the 3rd fl...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HKT28
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Flagstaff, responded to this review, 27 October 2011
Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your honeymoon. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of our proximity to the Grand Canyon. We'll pass along your comments to Daniel; he will be so pleased that he made your special time even more special.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Tempe, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

I presented a a luncheon program to NAHRA at your hotel on Thursday, October 13, 2011 at your hotel. I got to the conference room early to set up my powerpoint presentation and make sure that I could play my DVD. Please note, that I am electronically challenged. Shortly after I arrived, Brittany showed up and told me not to worry about a thing. This was very comforting to me. When I asked about the DVD, she told me that the projector in the room did not have the capability to play a DVD, but she had another one that did. After she set up the new projector, she gave me a brief but thorough tutorial on how to operate the projector. Then she let me practicer a couple of times to make sure I had the procedure down. She said she would pop in when it was time to play my DVD to make sure everything worked--which she did. Thanks to Brittany, the technical aspects of my program went off without a hitch. Brittany is a fantastic employee. I wish every hotel I worked in had a banquet person like her--she's the absolute best. In addition, the food for the luncheon was fantastic; which is also unusual. I recommend this hotel without any reservation whatsoever and thank you Brittany.

Room Tip: Great hotel. Great location. Great people. Great food.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Flagstaff, responded to this review, 25 October 2011
Thank you for posting your review about your recent presentation/luncheon hosted at the Radisson Woodlands Hotel. We will certainly pass along your comments to Brittany. We read and take to heart all reviews... those regarding what we can do to improve as well as those telling us exactly what we are doing right! Thank you again for choosing the Radisson Flagstaff.
Salem, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

Stay at the Radisson Woodlands for Two Nights in October. We stayed here due to the close proximity of Flagstaff to the Grand Canyon and Sedona, as well as got a decent deal on a room here.

The hotel itself is a bit outdated on the outside looking like as the old saying goes don't judge a book by its cover. Once you arrive to the lobby it is quite amazing with a huge crystal chandelier hanging from the ceiling and a quite welcoming feel. Upon checking in we received friendly and normal customer service with no issues.

The room itself was alright normal mid range hotel room with a decent amount of room and a desk (our room overlooked the pool), we had a room with the sleep number beds. WORST BEDS EVER! I will never stay in a room with those beds again. I swear that I felt like I was sleeping in the bottom of the bed, even after adjusting the bed on each side. My girlfriend and I found out that we probably would have the same number for each of us, but every time we adjusted the number on the bed the other side would be higher or lower than that of the other. It was never the same we had to constantly adjust the bed and would wake up in the middle of the night feeling as if we slept on a deflated air mattress. The bed itself makes a lot of noise when you are pumping it up (again relating it to an air mattress camping, I never took the time to listen to it out in the hallway when we were increasing the level of air, but I bet you those beds make quite a racket).

All in all I would stay here again, because it is one of the nicer hotels but with a decent price other than staying at Embassy Suites or one of the Marriott brands (those hotels at the time seemed a bit pricy for Flag). I was impressed by the price we got and the quality of the hotel on the inside. I would again stay here if we were going to the Grand Canyon or needed some place close to Sedona, just would not get a room with the sleep number beds (you have the option and I chose the wrong option of trying out sleep number beds, so now I know).

Room Tip: Do not get a sleep number bed!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate all of your feedback. Though many guests love the Sleep Number Beds, we realize that many do not -- which is why we have the option of Traditional beds as well (please request when making your next reservation). So glad that you took advantage of our location near the Grand Canyon and Sedona - Fall is such an amazing time to visit, with the cool air and changing of the leaves. But... ski season is coming soon! Thanks again, and we'll look forward to your next visit.
Fountain Hills
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2011

Stephanie bent over backwards to make sure our stay fit our needs and our company's budget! The room was very clean and large with everything you would need to rest, work or relax! We were psyched up about the sleep number bed but disappointed in its lack of comfort.
A place to stay without worry of "unexpected things or critters" in the bed, room or bathroom!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Irene H
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Flagstaff, responded to this review, 18 October 2011
Thank you for your comments and feedback. Though you didn't enjoy the sleep number bed, know that we do have traditional bed-guest rooms as well upon request. We look forward to your next visit to Flagstaff.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2011

We stayed overnight for sightseeing to Grand Canyon and Sedona. Very pleased with friendly staff at front desk. Helpful service because of crutches. Clean room. Excellent equipment in fittness center. Prompt room service. overall pleasant experience..we had a great view from 4th floor window!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Karen K
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Flagstaff, responded to this review, 14 October 2011
Thank you so much for choosing the Radisson Woodlands Hotel during your recent visit to the Grand Canyon. We love hearing your feedback and look forward to seeing you and your family again soon. (Winter is coming and so is the Polar Express, and easy drive from Flagstaff!)
Diamond Bar, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

We took our son to check out the NAU campus and attend the football game October 8-9th. We picked the Radisson since we are Club Carlson members and because of its proximity to the school.The check in experience was easy. The room was clean and quiet. Since we have a sleep number bed at home, we got a room with them. The only complaint was breakfast. The restaraunt staff wasn't very friendly, never smiled. I ordered the buttermilk pancakes and they did not taste good. They were kind of sour. Maybe old batter? My son and husband both had dishes with scrambled eggs. They had no flavor at all and were kind of dry. Ended up spending $44 for a meal no one liked. Although I would stay at the hotel again, I wouldn't eat at the restaraunt (at least not for breakfast).

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank msrosied
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Flagstaff, responded to this review, 11 October 2011
Though we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us while visiting NAU (go Lumberjacks!), we are taking very seriously your comments about the restaurant and food quality. We hope not only to improve but to exceed your expectations on your next visit to Flagstaff. Thank you for choosing the Radisson Woodlands Hotel.
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2011

We stayed 4 nights at Radisson Woodlands Flagstaff. We where accommodated on first floor of the annex building (not the building where the lobby is). No Microwave or fridge was expected, but thin walls was a surprise. We could hear everything around us, people talking on hallway, next room tv, baby crying at the upper room, wasn't a good experience.
The Hotel is well located ang loved the City and the surrounding areas.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank NPS_FAN50
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Flagstaff, responded to this review, 4 October 2011
Thank you for choosing the Radisson Woodlands Hotel during your recent trip to Flagstaff. We apologize that the noise of your neighbors disturbed your stay. Though we can't ensure all guests (especially babies) remain quiet (based upon availability) we are happy to move guests to another room if it makes their stay more comfortable. Note that we do have Parlor Suites with microwave and refrigerators. We do appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again on another visit to Flagstaff.