“Missleading”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Flagstaff
Ranked #7 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed 2 September 2012

I got a Sleep Comfort bed for 2nights. The room stank of mildew; the beds are the OLD original number beds from 2003 time frame. The remotes don’t work. The displays don’t show anything but a flicker. You have to hold the up or down button and feel it to where you want. The lights worked but some of the bulbs were bad. And the AC did not work, the temp gauge was not accurate and a loud buzzing sound came on and off at random. We ended up not sleeping much the 1st night. Then 2nd day we were moved to a King size bed, the room smelled nice, the AC worked fine and the bed was okay but still no display on the remote. Slept fine 2nd night. Bad service in the Woodlands Café for breakfast, the staff said they must handle the room service orders as well as the floor. But the food was very good.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

Let us apologize, on behalf of the entire team, that you felt mislead in any way. Reading your review, we understand the disappointment in your first guestroom and we are researching the room number so that we can resolve all issues. We do try to be on top of the mechanical issues with the Sleep Number Beds by doing routine maintenance, but do appreciate when guests let us know when there is an issue to be resolved. There's never an excuse for bad service.. we pride ourselves on that here at the Radisson Woodlands Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to post your review. This is truly how we, as management, learn how and where we need to spend our valuable resources to continue to improve.

Reviewed 2 September 2012

We stayed here as part of a coach trip and enjoyed our visit. The hotel is in a quiet area, up away from the main streets.
We felt very welcomed on arrival, and I found the staff to be friendly and helpful.
Our room was very large and comfortable wiith a lovely bathroom, and we enjoyed the breakfast.
The outdoor swimming pool was freezing, which was a real disappointment. I do realise that the weather had not been good, but we did expect it to be a least slightly warm!
We stayed for two nights and ate out both nights - Chipotle, which did Mexican fast food, and then got some frozen yoghurt at Yoghurt for U.
The second night we had the best Chinese meal we've ever had, and amazing service at 'Hunan West'. The staff were incredibly friendly and welcoming and the food was delicious.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank DONNYLOVER

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us - enjoyed the room and our services and staff. We apologize about the pool -- it's typically heated to a comfortable 80 degrees, but did have an issue last month for 1-2 days where there was a 'technical difficulty' -- we did our best to resolve it quickly and efficiently. Thank you for posting your review.

Reviewed 31 August 2012

Room was clean as well as the pool and fitness room. I did not hear and of the other guests while I was in my room. They even have washers and dryers available. Slept great on their comfy bed...best sleep I have had in a long time!! Near restaurants and shopping. This place was more than I expected and will def go back if I get to AZ again.

Room Tip: was on the second floor facing the pool area....was nice view and did not hear other guests.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2012

We are so pleased we exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Radisson Woodlands Hotel. Thank you for your kind recommendation.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

I travel to Flagstaff every week from Phoenix. Love this hotel. The front staff is awsome, restaurant and room service fantastic!!! I've tried a few other hotels in the area, always come back to this one. As long as the Radisson is not sold out, I will stay here.

Room Tip: Room service is great, try the Chicken stir fry or the Orange Chicken and you HAVE to have the ice c...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2012

Thank you for continuing to choose the Radisson Woodlands Hotel on your weekly visits to Flagstaff. We truly appreciate your recommendation and trust in us.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

Things started out poorly by the check-in guy not showing me a map of the property and where my room was. He said' your in the premier building', which I had no idea what that meant. So I drove over towards where he pointing and we proceeded to walk around outside with our luggage for about 15 minutes, before I finally discovered we were in the building attached to the main building by a walkway...That would've been nice to know. He didn't show me a map or any idea other then pointing. The room is not horrible, but I was expecting better. The beds were way soft and we had to pump them up, still not great. And the sheets were thin and rough. But the worst part was that we heard every movement the guy on the floor above us made...Seriously, it felt like he was going to come through the floor his footsteps were so loud. Don't get me wrong, this place is not a dive. But, I didn't pay dive prices either. If I wanted to stay at the Highland Country inn, I would've paid $60 to do so, not $110 at the Radisson. One positive about the Radisson, it is quieter then most hotels in Flagstaff.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

On behalf of our team here at the Radisson Woodlands Hotel, we'd like to apologize that your first impressions were not positive, especially in terms of check-in and finding your guestroom. Be assured that we will be using your comments as a training tool for our front desk team to help re-inforce our service standards but also show them 'why' it matters. We appreciate that you took the time to post your comments.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here.
The room was really clean, cosy and we had a great nights sleep. Exactly what we needed after a long long day of driving.
I only wish we had stayed longer or more hotels were like this during our trip around america.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

We appreciate your feedback and are so happy that you enjoyed your brief stay with us at the Radisson Woodlands Hotel Flagstaff.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

Don't get me wrong, the hotel was nice but I paid good money $$$ for a king parlor suite. I have been in bigger motel rooms on the side of the highway in the middle of nowhere! I would hate to see there standard room. GO ELSEWHERE! I will not stay here again and you should not either. The price for what you get is not to my liking!

Room Tip: A good room tip would be to choose a room at a different hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Our rooms at the Radisson Woodlands Hotel are a standard hotel size --- and our parlor suite, which features 2 separate rooms, one living area and another sleeping area with a bathroom in between - is larger. We apologize that the size of our guestrooms didn't meet your expectations.