“Nice and quiet”

Howard Johnson Flagstaff I-40 East Lucky Lane
Ranked #48 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed 9 March 2012

The hotel was very quiet, clean and the front desk employees were helpful. There was a small problem with the keys on the first day, but it wasn't the clerk as much as it was the machine that encodes the cards. The clerk stood outside in the cold trying to help and when it became apparent that the key just wasn't going to work, he quickly got another one. The room was very big and the bed was great. Nice shower pressure too.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank travelfoolwithbooks

Reviewed 6 March 2012

Stayed here one night in November, 2011 on our way from Colorado to Yuma AZ. Very reasonable room rate, pet-friendly, expanded continental breakfast, close to interstate, personnel had good recommendations for close restaurants. Nice shower. Really had no complaints at all. Not a luxurious hotel, but we will definitely stay here again on our way back & forth.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank wintertraveler22
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Location was perfect to Grand Canyon, our destination. Rooms were clean, comfortable. Quiet despite train being close & right off expressway. Shower water pressure was phenomenal. Beds were really comfortable and temps in the room were easily regulated. Had a small fridge & coffee maker in the room, plus of course a tv and all the usual furniture; plenty of space for an overnight stay. Hotel itself was clean, well kept and staff were friendly and easy to work with. Breakfast looked great, only had coffee which was surprisingly delicious! I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights on our recent trip to Arizona. This is a no frills motel that offers large, clean rooms and all the bare essentials. We had a king room that was very clean and comfortable. The outside of the motel looks a little dated and might look questionable to some people, but we're really glad we stayed here, especially for the price! The motel has outdoor room entrances, which might make some people nervous, but the motel seems to be in a good part of town. Lucky Lane is just a road of motels, a Cracker Barrel, and a Wal-Mart. We slept very well here after our long days exploring the area. Highly recommended for anyone visiting the Flagstaff area, as the motel has large, clean, cheap rooms that provide the perfect base camp for exploring the surrounding area.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nevermore52
Reviewed 16 January 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights in September 2011.
We found the accomodation very clean and equipped with all the amenities you would need, fridge, microwave, coffee maker etc. Overall we would thoroughly reccomend this as a budget accomodation stay in Flagstaff, Arizona.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank peter_somerset_uk
Reviewed 7 January 2012

These is the least expensive hotel I have ever stayed in. If you are looking for a value for a one night stay this is it. Sure I could pay $100 more for maybe softer towels, but this hotel made me happy to save my money. Slept well on comfy bed and even had good oj and waffle for free in the morning. If your priority is saving money, this is a solid choice.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 27 December 2011

There are fancier motels in Flag, and a few slightly cheaper ones too, but I can't imagine there's a better value for the money. I got a notably clean, pleasant, quiet, secure-feeling basic room for $36 a night (AAA rate) even booking on very short notice. Microwave, fridge, in-room coffee, free Wi-Fi, frequent flyer points on Southwest, and a nice big tub with plenty of hot water on tap: what's not to like. Normally Flag is just a gas stop on the way for me, but sometimes for one reason or other I have to stay there, and next time I will certainly try this place first.

--Joe