“Great for the money” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #52 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Pueblo
“Great for the money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

April 11th, 2012 I stayed one night and was pleased with the room and service. A standard older room but clean, vacuumed and well kept. Room had a microwave, refrig, coffiee maker and a iron and ironing board. Bathroom was very clean and the shower worked well. Mattress was a newer pillow top that was wonderful sleeping. TV stations were a little snowy but watchable. Front desk staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast had waffels, cold ceral, juice, fresh fruit and coffee.

For the price a great room and easy off and on to I-40. A Denny's nearby along with Wal-mart and other shopping.

Room Tip: I checked for bedbugs and found none. Clean room and the top floor you hear no noise of walking.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Margi W
Howard johnson ... l, Manager at Howard Johnson Flagstaff I-40 East Lucky Lane, responded to this review, 10 June 2012
Thank you for your review we get alot of compliments on our new pillow top mattresses and cleanliness. We hope to see you again in the future and take care of all your needs.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Northern California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

Just needed a place to sleep during our visit to the Grand Canyon. This HoJo needs some help. The place is worn. Our bathroom was dirty and when I informed the front desk, was told it would be cleaned while we were out. Didn't happen. The lightswitch plates were covered with dirt, the cupboard in the mini kitchen is falling apart. Too bad this property isn't living up to the HoJo we know elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MaNPaM
We are sorry for your experience but we believe you may have stayed at 1 of the other 2 properties in our city as we do not have kitchenettes in our hotel at our location.

Travellers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Boston, Ma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

if you want a clean comfortable room, this is a good spot. no frills, but it includes coffee, juice, and waffles in the morning. nice value

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank gayokwithme
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

We just needed a one night stay and we were going to be up early the very next day so we figured that this would be a good place, not too expensive, etc.

I could not even handle an hour at this creepy place.

Problem 1: Comforter had semen stains throughout. Gross.

Problem 2: I decided to check for signs of Bed Bugs, these include seeing if their sheets had any blood stains. CHECK! I saw dark blood dots all over the place!

Problem 3: RUDE RUDE RUDE staff, I mentioned the problem.. they shrugged it off and said would you like to look at another room? I gave it a try, and sure enough bed bugs in that room too.

I asked for a refund and after having driven 15 hours from Dallas, TX as tired as I was I just could not stay here. They would not provide me with a refund, or at the very minimum an apology for the problems.. I've contacted HJ corporate and haven't heard back, I wont stop till I get a refund or at least an apology for the nasty conditions of this place. Avoid this place! Seriously!

• Stayed October 2011
4 Thank Cristina2012
We do not remember any situation like this at our property. In regards to bed bugs we have terminex come once a month and spray just to make sur e we never have that problem and we have never had this problem before there were no bed bugs in any of our rooms and when a guest complains to customer care for hojo they are required to respond to guest and property within 48 hours so we contacted them and they have no complaint for us like this from anyone.
San Diego, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

We had a very difficult time finding the hotel - our GPS didn't take us to it, but when we called they gave us directions to get us to the hotel.

Positives: We had a 3 queen suite, which was perfect for our family. It's a large room over the office and was very spacious. The rooms were clean and beds comfortable. For the price, it was a good deal.

Negatives: The room didn't have any clock in it. Luckily I had my cell phone with me. The room had a little table, but there were only 2 chairs. There are shutters on the windows and they don't do a very good job of keeping out the light (both night and morning). The dining area was too small and the food had almost completely run out by the time we got there at 8:30am. There was no where to sit and many people were standing wherever they could plant there feet.

All this said, yes, I'd recommend the motel to families with more than 2 children.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank EsKezzy
Lancaster, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and was easy to find from the I-40 exit 198 and is actually signposted on the interstate.
Hotel, more like a motel. All rooms are accessed from the car park and not through reception. The room was spacious and clean with aircon/heating that was really noisy. Our room was at the opposite end to reception next to E Huntington Dv which can get quite busy and so sleeping was a bit of a problem. Breakfast is really basic and would not call it 'continental'. Tea, coffee, fruit juice, small selection of cerials and doughnuts, bread and jam and waffle maker. Only half a dozen tables though and when the place is fully booked, there is no where near enough space for everyone, so be prepared to stand or sit in reception to eat breakfast.
Plenty of parking spaces and one thing that isn't mentioned in the hotel overview is that there is a computer in the reception area which guests can use to access the internet. Very handy for us as the I-40 was closed by snow and we needed travel info.
Several eateries close by. The Cracker Barrel is about 100mtrs but we found it was full with quite a lot of family groups. Another 100 mtrs is the Outback Steakhouse which was great...we used it both nights. Also Walmart is just down the road too.
Overall this is a budget motel and ok for someone passing through who needs a room for the night. I think, if I was to stay in Flagstaff again, I would pay that little extra and find a hotel closer to the town center.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from E Huntington DV and closer to reception as it is quite a busy road and w...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Helsinki, Finland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

We stayed here 2 nights. This place is a budget friendly hotel near highway I-40. The room was spacy, clean and had a comfortable bed. The room had a fridge, microwave and a coffee maker. The bad thing was that the fridge and the air condition unit were really noisy! Breakfast was included, which was great. However, the breakfast was very limited with coffee, toast and a waffle maker. There are no restaurants nearby. Ok hotel for a short budget visit.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple