“overnight stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Howard Johnson Flagstaff I-40 East Lucky Lane

Howard Johnson Flagstaff I-40 East Lucky Lane
Ranked #52 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Fredericksburg, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

room was clean and comfy, bed not bad at all... but train noise all night long, though this seems to be issue most places in flagstaff. attached crown railroad café is very good and the kids would love the impressive display of running model trains

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

Stayed at this motel for 4 nights of the week I spent in Flagstaff. My room was large and comfortable, with cleanliness being a high priority. It was just what should be expected of a good motel, although for me I did not consider this motel's location any better than average, despite being close to the freeway exit. Yes, there were several other notable motels close by, including a Super 8 next door, but eating out was a difficulty for me each evening. The two closest restaurants were always full with diners, and prices were not that cheap. Fortunately, there was a Dennys about 8 minutes down the road, but to reach it there was not straight access with only limited paving on which to walk.
In the Howard Johnson itself, there was a courtesy internet terminal for guests, and I considered the staff to be polite and efficient but no more.The breakfasts were well adequate with a good choice of the usual expectations. I was surprised though that half of the motel car park appeared to be used by commercial vehicles during each day.
So in summary, I would suggest this is a very good motel at which to stay, albeit its higher nightly tariff reflected this, but for me if staying again for more than a night in Flagstaff then I would chose a motel which was much more central instead of on the edge of town.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Howard johnson ... l, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Flagstaff I-40 East Lucky Lane, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Thank you for your comments. We will take this into consideration. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay overall, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.