“Decent place to stay for the night”

Howard Johnson Flagstaff I-40 East Lucky Lane
Ranked #50 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Vacaville, California
“Decent place to stay for the night”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

After a long day of driving, this Howard Johnson was sufficient for our trip. For us, the hotel really just needed to cover the basics. A clean, warm, quite place to sleep where our dogs would be welcome. It is an older hotel, so it does have all the dings, dents and faded surfaces of a well used rental, but for all of the wear and tear, it did not feel dirty or broken. Beyond that there's really not much else to say. The person at the front desk was friendly. The Christmas decorations were simple, yet charming. Despite the snow and ice, the parking lot was convenient for loading and unloading. The continental breakfast was standard. We didn't have time for waffles, but I could tell by the line forming, that they must have been good. Just a simple, clean, comfortable, hassle free place to crash for the night before waking up early and heading back out on the road. That's all we really needed. We would stop here again.

Room Tip: Creeky floors. Probably best to get a room on the second floor if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Writing on behalf of my mother whom I booked the room for ((she's not a TAdvisor)) Room was not clean, doors were filthy, room just did not feel well kept. However LIZ at the desk was a breath of fresh air - she came herself and changed all 4 pillowcases for my mother and tried to make her stay comfortable as it was too late to check in elsewhere. The hotel is affordable but they need to pay more attention to cleanliness and housekeeping. Customer service is key, and this part of the stay - exceptional, thank you Liz.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Mesa
Reviewed 1 January 2014

This hotel needs a complete makeover! Stayed in the 3 queen room which is a nice option for a family of five, but the wallpaper was being held up by scotch tape in areas, the carpet was dirty and coming up in areas, when you turn the fan on in the bathroom watch yourself because you will get a shower of dust bunnies! Also for this large size room there is one small wall unit for the room which for winter is not acceptable, took forever to hear the room. Also there was no conditioner available for the room and for a room that could sleep 7, there were only 4 towels for the room. It is a nice option for the size for your family plus they allow dogs but there isn't any place to truly allow your dog to do their thing outside.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Alameda, California
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I was on the middle of a looooong drive from Texas to California and needed a place to stay the night, so I chose this hotel on I-40. It was a good decision!

It's not a high end property by any means, but for what I was paying, the bed was very comfortable and I got an excellent night's sleep.

They were fully booked the night I arrived, so I'm thankful I had reservations.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo