“Nice vacation” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #52 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Nice vacation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

We stayed at the motel with other friends, during our winter get away ski vacation . They have very comfortable beds, the rooms are clean, and the breakfast it's very basic, but still good enough to keep you going in the morning.
Do not expect 5 star hotel, but it served our goal of lodging for a cheap prices.
What impressed me the most, it was the help that I got to recover some belongings that I forgot to the hotel. They gave me a UPS nr. that I called, they came at the hotel and picked up the belongings( some kids clothing and my son Eyeglasses ) for an extra 5$ and shipped them to me. That was wonderful .
To conclude, the motel serves the purpose of cheap lodging, good enough breakfast , if you are not picky , and good beds.
Bottom line, you cannot have it all!
We had a good time at the motel, Walmart it's at walking distance, restaurants
around, close to downtown .
If I'll have other occasion , I'll stay at this motel again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
houston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this Howard Johnson on a trip through New Mexico and Arizona heading to the Grand Canyon. Our room was a standard room and clean. Our free continental breakfast was okay, no frills. We had no problems. I'd stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Scottsdale, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

The front office staff needed a class in manners very impolite, one key did not work and it was like an imposition to get another, the rooms were ok just around some of the edges needed to be fixed, and at breakfast, I had to ask where the milk was and was abruptly told where it was, not where it said it should have been. Then my son needed a none smoking room, and was charged an extra amount for that, I was a maid it's harder to clean a smoking Rooney then non smoking I don't see the need for the extra charge.
Over all no I would not stay there again one of the other ones around them but definitely not there.

Room Tip: There are several other hotel, motels in that same area book with them instead, I would not recommen...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Vacaville, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

After a long day of driving, this Howard Johnson was sufficient for our trip. For us, the hotel really just needed to cover the basics. A clean, warm, quite place to sleep where our dogs would be welcome. It is an older hotel, so it does have all the dings, dents and faded surfaces of a well used rental, but for all of the wear and tear, it did not feel dirty or broken. Beyond that there's really not much else to say. The person at the front desk was friendly. The Christmas decorations were simple, yet charming. Despite the snow and ice, the parking lot was convenient for loading and unloading. The continental breakfast was standard. We didn't have time for waffles, but I could tell by the line forming, that they must have been good. Just a simple, clean, comfortable, hassle free place to crash for the night before waking up early and heading back out on the road. That's all we really needed. We would stop here again.

Room Tip: Creeky floors. Probably best to get a room on the second floor if you are a light sleeper.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

Writing on behalf of my mother whom I booked the room for ((she's not a TAdvisor)) Room was not clean, doors were filthy, room just did not feel well kept. However LIZ at the desk was a breath of fresh air - she came herself and changed all 4 pillowcases for my mother and tried to make her stay comfortable as it was too late to check in elsewhere. The hotel is affordable but they need to pay more attention to cleanliness and housekeeping. Customer service is key, and this part of the stay - exceptional, thank you Liz.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Mesa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

This hotel needs a complete makeover! Stayed in the 3 queen room which is a nice option for a family of five, but the wallpaper was being held up by scotch tape in areas, the carpet was dirty and coming up in areas, when you turn the fan on in the bathroom watch yourself because you will get a shower of dust bunnies! Also for this large size room there is one small wall unit for the room which for winter is not acceptable, took forever to hear the room. Also there was no conditioner available for the room and for a room that could sleep 7, there were only 4 towels for the room. It is a nice option for the size for your family plus they allow dogs but there isn't any place to truly allow your dog to do their thing outside.

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson