“Parking was horrible. At one point one of the guest put...”

Howard Johnson Flagstaff I-40 East Lucky Lane
Ranked #48 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I read the reviews before I booked so I knew what I might expect. We arrived and booked in to our room. While we were checking in, someone called to complain about a non-working TV. They were told that maintenance would be called and that there were no other rooms available. (I had read that in the reviews and was silently hoping that I would not have to call about anything...) I did not see the girl call for maintenance in the 5-10 minutes we were around. She answered all our questions and checked us in efficiently, but I felt she had other things she would rather be doing besides serving us (or maybe she was tired of repeatedly having to give excuses for the same problems that never got fixed).
The room was basic and reasonably clean. There were a few small rips in my sheets, but the other bed was fine. Bathroom sink did not drain well. Wi-fi worked. Some traffic noise, but air conditioner drowned it out.
Breakfast was a sad affair. We arrived 15 minutes before it ended (8:45). There was 1 waffle maker which was in use by a family of 4. All the muffins (or whatever was there) and fruit were gone and were not replenished. They ran out of apple juice, orange juice, waffle mix, forks, and syrup. The orange juice, syrup & forks were replenished and when the girl returned (at 9:00) she made up more waffle mix. I waited 20 minutes for a waffle which was about the only thing left to eat other than cereal.
Compared to the prices of other hotels in the area, you get what you pay for. Maybe it's a good deal?

Reviewed 10 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Terry M
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Our son just finished his junior year at NAU; for 3 years, when we visit, we have stayed exclusively at HoJo’s on Lucky Lane. This last stay will probably be just THAT: our last. Although the rooms were clean and beds very comfortable ~ We were not given the rates that had been confirmed to us when booking. We were told that even tho it was a Thursday nite, it was considered a weekend because they were full. We felt this was extremely unfair and unprofessional. The hunt is on for a new hotel!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2014

An ok place to stay, not a five star resort, but reasonably priced. Located near Route 66, in an older part of town. Many other hotels on the street, near a Cracker Barrel, Outback, and Walmart. Rooms were comfortable and clean, the beds were very comfortable, you could tell they'd been replaced recently. Rooms on the northeast side of the building were better because they weren't right next to the interstate. Wasn't too noisy at night actually. The only downside was the pool wasn't open (we travelled at the end of May) and it was 85 degrees out. The hotel staff didn't seem to have any idea if or when it would be open. The breakfast area is ridiculously small, and they ran out of food fast, but the front desk just told us to go over to the Super 8 next door (apparently they're owned by the same company) and they have more seating, and the exact same food.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family