All reviews room was clean grand canyon bagels fridge and microwave walmart nau
Reviewed 5 November 2009

The rooms were relatively inexpensive for traveling on a budget. We had no issues with the rooms. The breakfast was fine--your usual free breakfast with pastries, juice, coffee, and self serve waffles. Not a lot of meat, but that's not uncommon for a free breakfast I have found. One of the clerks at the front desk acted as if my coming to get change for the washer/dryer really put him out, but other than that we had a fine stay. We would consider staying here again if in Flagstaff.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2009

We've stayed here a couple of times. We like it because it's pet-friendly, there's usually a vacancy, and there's a Denny's a few doors down. The rooms are surprisingly large, which works for us because our two dogs are 100lbs. each. The room surfaces are clean enough, but I wouldn't walk around barefoot. The beds are middling comfortable, a little softer than I prefer (we have a Tempurpedic at home, so anything with springs is an adjustment). If you're traveling with a dog or with dogs and you book online, double-check the pet rate. The website I used when booking the room stated $10 per pet/per night; at check-in, the clerk tried to charge $15. When I protested, he did give me the $10 rate. And to be fair, a sign on the lobby desk lists $15. However, $10 was what I saw advertised, so that's what I wanted.

The wi-fi here is iffy, as it seems to be in most lof the 2- and 3-star places I've stayed. Best bet for getting connected is to get a room nearer the office. If your room is in the back, farthest from the office, you'll probably have trouble getting Internet access.

The motel is on the east side of town, in an industrial/commercial area. It's not ideal if you want to be able to walk to most of what Flag has to offer. That said, Flagstaff is still small in area and it only takes a few minutes to drive to NAU or the downtown area.

(This motel is managed by the same people that manages the Super 8 next door (or was when we stayed there in '08). I don't recommend the Super 8, though. It's dirtier and we experienced problems, including a dead battery for the entry system that required waiting for a locksmith to get back into our room one night.)

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2009

This location is a good motel for the value.

Clean, adequately-sized rooms. Comfortable beds. Easy access-- IF-- you choose the correct one. DO NOT go off the signs on I-40 west. You'll end up at the other HoJo. After just walking in to the lobby, I wouldn't stay there...

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank bigred
Reviewed 8 September 2009

We were unsure of what to expect when we mistakenly arrived at the 'other' motel also located in the Flagstaff vicinity last night.... What a HAPPY SURPRISE to find this Howard Johnson's quiet, very clean and so much closer to the interstate we used for our daytime side trips and downtown Flagstaff area for meals.
The room is small but a room air conditioner and a functioning stand up fan are within. The king bed mattress is comfortable. Electrical outlets are sparce so consider bringing your own surge protected multi-outlet panel for recharging cells, and using laptops. The bathroom towels are older and we needed to call for more as only one bath towel was provided, but the shower head output is strong and the water is immediately hot with no varience when the toilet is flushed.
All in all, this place is a winner.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2009

For the price the room and hotel was what I expected. The rooms were no frills but were for the most part comfortable. The carpeting was a little dirty but the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean. The front desk service could be improved upon and the continental breakfast they offer in the morning was typical. Overall if you are looking for a decent motel for a great deal, I would recommend this location.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family