“Exceeded my expectations”

Ranked #48 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Orlando
“Exceeded my expectations”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

For less than $40 a night, I had low expectations. However, I got a clean room, a comfortable bed, small fridge, microwave, wi-fi, cable TV, and even a coffee maker. The only thing I missed was a bathtub. I would stay here again without hesitation!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Flagstaff
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I have never been to a hotel where I actually have not felt safe before it was horrible. The staff were eating so they were to busy to help. The room was confirmed on my reservation for 2 queens but they only had a king available. I actually refused to stay and currently working on getting a refund.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Travellers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This motel is well positioned centrally in Flagstaff and has affordable budget tariffs. It is no more than just Ok, with reasonable rooms for the price. Outside of building is not very impressive and showing much neglect, but for convenience quite a good option. Cleanliness both inside and out was only just average. Across the other side of motel car park is the Route 66 Galaxy Diner, which is a real marvel of a place. This is your must for dinner, where meals are plentiful, well prepared and good value. Of my 3 nights at this Howard Johnson, I had dinner in this diner on all of them. Very popular though with locals and so can get easily full despite being of fair size.
The breakfast area at this Howard Johnson is quite small and the food choice is limited, but I ate sufficiently to start my days off well. Service was a bit "hit and miss", nothing to really complain of, but staff were well relaxed in attitude. Usually the Howard Johnson's have a courtesy internet terminal, but this motel didn't. So in summary what do I think. Well there was a full car park each morning, and I guess many of the guests were staying for a single night with breakfast just being an add on if time. Personally, I would seek a better hotel if staying in Flagstaff again and would not recommend, but on price will probably not do better if wishing to be so central.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Phoenix
Reviewed 4 October 2013

This was the worst motel/hotel that I have ever stayed in. I don't travel a lot. Build is old but that is not an excuse. Showers are so small you could not take a shower, had no wash cloths and they didn't have any to offer. Left a camera in the room when we left and called back two hours later and this is the answer we got "We didn't find it". Very poor excuse for a Howard Johnson Motel. They should be ashamed to call it one of theirs.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family