“Slightly better than average”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Flagstaff
Ranked #13 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed 2 December 2012

I stayed here along a cross-country business/vacation trip for one night (Dec 1, 2012). I traveled solo with one dog. I am a Gold Member with the LQ return program.

I arrived at approximately 6-7pm and check in was very quick. I went up to my room (214) but the carpet was still wet (they had washed it that day) and it had a cat-urine smell. I thought if I turned on the heat (it was cold in Arizona!) and went to take my dog out/bring the last of the luggage in, it would dissipate. But, when I came back, the smell was slightly worse and I started to get a little paranoid that my belongings would begin to smell so I called down to the front desk and the moved me immediately to the next room over (212). This room was much better with no smell and it seemed very clean to me.

The room was spacious with a large king size bed and two windows that opened to the parking lot. The furniture seemed a little old but everything worked and looked ok. The bath tub was a little dingy looking but I took a bath and it was fine. The bed was very comfortable. The noise from the hallway was moderate...obviously I had a dog with me, so I understand that dogs will sometimes bark with noise but I know someone in my hall had left their dog unattended and it barked for about 20-30 minutes straight. It does not bother me too much if I am not trying to sleep, so I just turned the TV up.

Breakfast was the usual LQ variety...waffles, cereal, apples, bread, etc. It is free, so it is appreciated! Parking was adequate and I felt very safe. The dog run area is a little scarce but I walked up the street a bit and my dog was fine.

Everyone was friendly. I would stay here again...but it was slightly pricier than I would expect for this type of room.

Room Tip: 212 was fine...I am sure 214 would be ok once the carpet dries :)
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 2 December 2012

We couldn't decide between the Comfort Inn and Suites or La Quinta right next door. The Comfort Inn and suites was cheaper, but they wanted a $20.00 a night pet fee for our 12# Schnorkie. We chose La Quinta on principle because they don't charge a pet fee even though it turned out both hotels would cost the same, bottom line. We stayed in a King room, not a suite on the first floor. It was adequate with a refrigerator and microwave. Lots of plugins for electronics. The bed was very comfortable if a little too soft for my taste. It was quiet and as others have said, a place to walk dogs with baggies to pick up after your canine. The breakfast is adequate with hard boiled eggs in the shell, cold cereal and waffles, yogurt, etc. I missed the scrambled eggs and meat that some other chains offer. I love hotels that haved moved into the flat screen TV's. That was nice. The TV has a plug and play feature as well.

There is a nice family restaurant across the street called CoCo's. Good food with a senior menu as well.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 November 2012

We spent two nights in Flagstaff at La Quinta and had a wonderful stay. Everything was clean and the rooms were very quiet. The staff was friendly and helpful. There is a nice area to walk your dog right outside the hotel with waste bags and cans throughout the area. The hotel did not charge a pet fee, which was great. We would stay here again

A TripAdvisor Member
Broomfield, Colorado, USA
Reviewed 28 November 2012

Traveling with a dog is challenging. La Quinta in Flagstaff is a beautiful hotel and accomodates pets. New, clean, professional staff, very accomodating. Close to the downtown, although have to drive. Hotel is situated so that it is quiet. Would highly recommend this hotel for families. Great value, overall great experience wouldn't hesitate to recommending this hotel; will definitely stay here our next visit to Flagstaff!

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 27 November 2012

My husband and I were moving across the country and we usually stay at La Quinta because they are nice and clean and take pets. This particular location however is next to an apartment complex and has high foot traffic through the parking lot. Unfortunately, someone broke into our moving truck. The hotel staff knows this happens quite a bit, according to the police they have been called out many times. While the hotel staff were very nice, the home office had no compassion and were not willing to even give us extra points for our trouble. There is no fence between the complex and the hotel and I saw several people cutting through the lot next to travelers vehicles. Don't stay here if you want to keep your things, other hotels accept pets we won't stay at La Quinta again.

2  Thank Tamara S
Reviewed 13 November 2012

The hotel staff was excellent. The room was very spacious, spotlessly clean, sheets crisp and clean. Finally enough electrical outlets to recharge laptops and phones. Very dog friendly and well located for taking a walk. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will stay here any time I'm in Flagstaff.

Reviewed 12 November 2012

Excellent value for money, great location, very scenic spot, a building that is quite different to most, quality of rooms and public areas is very very nice.
I stayed here with my partner and our dogs, we all loved it.
We crossed America in an RV, Toronto to Palm Springs, took our time and enjoyed the journey, every few nights we longed for normalcy, on those occasions we stayed in La Quinta Inn's.
We have qualified for Elite status on La Quinta returns some time ago, so we have stayed in a quite a few locations, we are never disappointed, but this one in Flagstaff is exceptional!!
We will be back!