La Quinta Inn & Suites Flagstaff
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Holiday Inn Express Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$120
Highland Country Inn(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
US$89
Hampton Inn & Suites Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$141
Sleep Inn(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$82
Comfort Inn Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
US$131
Days Inn & Suites East Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$95
Little America Hotel Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
US$262
US$195
Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
US$216
Travelocity
Twin Arrows Navajo Casino Resort(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$143
Travelocity
1,301 results
All reviewswafflestraveling with petspet ownersgrand canyonpet friendly hotelhard boiled eggsallow petsfirst floorwe've stayedthe breakfast areafree breakfastclean roomsfresh fruitroom was largeroad tripdogslq
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 October 2013

My friend and I stayed 4 nights at this hotel. The price was okay - not especially low, but not too expensive. The hotel was a little difficult to get to - my GPS led us astray on our way into town, but we managed to figure it out. The hotel was very nice. We stayed on the 4th floor, and we didn't have any issues. Breakfast was done very well, and the front desk people were helpful. It's true that this is a very pet-friendly property. We didn't bring any animals with us, but most everyone else did. On our last morning, an elderly couple lost their cat, prompting an all out search for it during breakfast. I'm not sure if they ever found it or not. We weren't bothered by the disruption at all - we actually found the situation to be quite hilarious. Overall, we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 October 2013

My best advice if you consider staying here is to call the hotel directly for reservations and discuss the room types and your needs. We booked through a discounter, didn't get a better price that we would have through La Quinta. Not all rooms have microwaves & fridges. Our didn't. What we did get was a first floor room near the parking lot (we had a lot of gear to carry in and out every day so that was a real advantage). Also we had a back door that led to the jacuzzi & pool so we could just dash out in our swimsuits in the freezing night air and be in the jacuzzi in seconds. This is a pet friendly hotel. The pool and jacuzzi had mechanical lifts for handicapped people, I've never seen that before. The free breakfast was good. Who doesn't love waffles? The staff was friendly. The room was clean. We stayed three nights at the La Quinta. It's close to the freeway, within walking distance of several restaurants.

Room Tip: Book directly through the hotel
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Having read tripadvisor reviews of this hotel, I knew it was a dog-friendly property. I had tried for the Drury but it was booked up. I don't dislike dogs, but I prefer to not be awakened by them, and I don't want to stay in a room where dogs have been on the furniture or dirtied the carpets. When I made the 2-night reservation, I asked to be located away from the dog-friendly section of the hotel. We arrived at this hotel at 2:30, aware that checkin was at 3. The clerk was checking in another party, telling them they had been upgraded to the same category of room (king bed with fridge and microwave) that we had reserved, because of their inconvenience of having their Grand Canyon accommodations cancelled due to the gov't shutdown. Before he finished with them, he looked at me and said, "you can't check in until 3, come back then". So my husband and I got our books and read in the courtyard until 3. At that time, the clerk told me that our room was still dirty ("dirty", rather than "not ready yet") so we should come back at 3:30, because the hotel was sold out the night before and was sold out for that night. He said housekeeping could not keep up. While we were waiting, I checked online and found that there were still several categories of rooms available, so the sold-out excuse was clearly bogus. When we came back at 3:30, a different clerk was on duty, and she volunteered that because the housekeeping staff cleans each room in sequence down the hall, it would be 4:30 at the earliest that they would get to our room. My husband asked why wouldn't they break off and prepare our room, instead of making us wait while they cleaned rooms for guests who had not yet arrived. She replied they just don't do it that way. So we waited until 4:30, when finally we were assigned to room 129, which turned out to be on the first floor poolside, adjacent to the dog-relief area. My husband was exhausted from long hours of driving, so we decided not to risk waiting hours more for a different room. The room appeared clean at first glance, but upon walking across the carpet in white socks which immediately turned brown, we realized just how filthy the carpet was. Hall carpets were just as dirty. Upon closer inspection I that the upholstered furniture was none too clean either. It appeared that we were just about the only guests at the hotel that did not have at least one, but more often, several dogs. The breakfast room was OK, but food was not replenished often enough for the near-capacity occupation level. The pool area was nice but no one was using it because of the unseasonable cold snap. Besides, you would have to leave your dog alone in your room (but who follows the rules?) in order to swim. We were awakened only twice each night by dogs barking in adjacent rooms or the hall in the middle of the night. Upon checkout I was asked how our stay was, and I mentioned the filthy carpet. By way of compensation, I was offered 2000 points to be added to our La Quinta account. Now that we understand that any number of pets will be accommodated at no extra cost in any area of their hotels, I doubt that we will be staying with LaQuinta again. As we were driving out of the lot, we observed that a woman had erected a net corral on the grass with about 10 dogs in it. La Quinta is not for us, but if you traveling with a lot of dogs, and you don't mind poor management, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: The first floor rooms on the pool side have both hall and exterior doors which make dog-walking convenient. If you don't have a dog, don't stay at this hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We stayed here two nights with a room change the second night. I had enough points for the second night, so checked out in the morning and back in, in the afternoon.

Both rooms were clean and quiet, although there was a little unclear noise outside the first night. The second room was poolside, with a door on each side of the room since it has outside corridors. I liked that. I was a little concerned that being poolside might invite some pool noise, but I guess it was not a night for swimming since it was empty. Too bad. Very nice pool and hot tub.

The breakfast was average. Nothing remarkable.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Although this hotel, according to their website, "only allows two small pets to a room" and the 4th floor (according to the desk clerk) is the pet and smoking floor, then it is difficult to explain the huge dogs being walked outside, the person with six poodles on a leash and cat carrier under arm, or the three people coming out of first floor rooms with pets. If all the pets are on the 4th floor, you can just imagine what the elevators are like. We were directed to the back entrance for easy access to our room. The door and entranceway carpet was filthy and there was a portable fan blowing on the back of the ice machine to apparently keep the motor cool....or catching on fire? The room had a smell of skunky water coming from the air-conditioner unit. Cooling the room off only made the smell worse. The outdoor pool and spa area , however, was perfectly clean and lovely. It just wasn't a good enough trade off for the interior of the hotel. This hotel has huge groups of travelers, sports teams, etc. If children doing cartwheels or kicking soccer balls down the halls, lots of pets and late night sports teams celebrating don't bother you, then come enjoy the pool. Definite issues with key locks and entry ways abound.

Room Tip: Avoid the 4th floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends