“Decent Room, crappy service, maybe over priced”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Flagstaff
Ranked #18 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Decent Room, crappy service, maybe over priced”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I stayed at this La Quinta over a weekend. I called a few hours before my arrival and the front desk person (I think his name was Tyler) was very apathetic, hard to understand and in general not very kind, not bad, just not nice. The description didn't sound any better than average but I decided to stay based on a friends recommendation. After a few minutes he finally understood that I wanted to make a reservation and took down my information. When I got there around 9, there the agent was sitting on the counter on his phone until I was about 5ft away and made a noise so he would notice me there. About 5 minutes later I was checked in. Again the desk agent was kind of slow and just as hard to understand. No smile, just business, I almost felt bad for interrupting him. He got the job done and I found the room to be exactly what was described, nothing more, nothing less. It was fairly clean and the hotel was quiet. The breakfast in the morning was adequate and exactly what you would expect. Check-out was smooth and this time the agent was bright and smiley, better than I can say for myself. I was a little disappointed by the stay based on the price, but if you can get a discount, it could be a nice stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank JennyS1993

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 22 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here recently because of the convenient no pet fee. After staying here, I'd definitely rather pay a pet fee at a different hotel. The hotel room just looked, and felt dirty! We would have asked for another room but we got in around 2am and were so tired we just wanted to sleep. I remember the tub had a dirty stain on the bottom, but after I took a shower in the morning, I realized it just wasn't clean because it was gone by the time I had gotten out of the shower.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jmw127
USA
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I was traveling with my elderly father with special needs. There was a problem with our handicap reservation and the particular room was not available. The front desk was great in trying to find a workable solution. They also gave good recommendations for dinner. The breakfast set up was big.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank snowman3
Bella Vista, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Lobby looked very nice. Bart, the desk clerk, however, was rude, condescending and overwhelmed. We arrived a little early and were told it would be "way after 3 pm" when the room would be available. Took our name for a waiting list and did the same for two other parties, telling us "this happens every day." The lady ahead of us asked if her room was on the first floor and his response was "no second floor, and it's the only one clean right now. Take it or give it to them," pointing at us. We walked out, as did the two other parties that came in after us. In contrast, we stayed at the La Quinta Inn in Tucumcari last night and it was excellent. We called the Best Western in Williams and were immediately given a room upon our arrival.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Ingrid H
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Just passing through, everything was to be expected. Oversized parking for my semi super convienient. Room was clean and sleep was easy. Breakfast is always delightful at every la quinta I've stayed at

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Our check in was fast and our room was nice. Clean and spacious. We were on the 3rd floor and we have an older dog so we had to take the elevator which kind of scares her. The pet relief area was ok but some pet owners aren't cleaning up after their pets. The breakfast area is large and breakfast options plentiful.
We ordered a pizza on line from a nearby Pizza Hut and it was delivered to the lobby with no hassle.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Livermore, California
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here many times through the years (probably 8 times)
We are always treated well and the rooms are comfortable. Last visit we had some trouble with the heat and since we are a frequent guest they provided a discount at check out. Plenty of parking with easy access to side doors. Property is well maintained and very quiet as it is off the main road. Coco's Bakery short walking distance away. Rooms are very clean and comfortable. Will always be our fav place when in Flagstaff.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple