“Worst hotel ever”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Flagstaff
Ranked #15 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed 10 October 2010

The hotel looks good from the outside but once inside you can see how everything is just old, worn out and not clean: the carpet, the furniture, the doors, just everything!
The hotel was full and as pets are allowed it was just not possible to relax in a quiet environment and sleeping at night was not easy.
We ordered food at a restaurant in the neighborhood: the menu was in our room but the staff was not friendly...
The breakfast was just okay but the one again the staff was not helpful...
We would not stay at that hotel ever again

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Carineaj
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Flagstaff

Reviewed 8 October 2010

The La Quinta is okay as a stopover. The lobby is very nice but the rooms don't really live up to the first impression upon entering the hotel. Don't get me wrong -- it's clean, but it could use a bit of updating. Some La Quintas are really outstanding but this one could use a remodel. The rugs and furnishings are a bit worn, and there is an overall "basic" feeling to the place. The wireless Internet did work very well, and the front desk people were great and very helpful.

The price here *seems* good, but that's because Flagstaff costs a bit more to stay than some of the other freeway towns. The mid-range chains like Hampton and Holiday Inn Express are present but are more expensive (I think in the $125 range). We paid about 75 bucks for the La Quinta.

We were woken up around 5AM by barking dogs in the hall. So it's pet-friendly if you're traveling with animals, but if you're not then you may get an unwanted serenade like we did.

The location is convenient, just a block or two from the I-17/I-40 junction, and a similar distance from NAU and downtown.

We ate at the Beaver Street Brewery which had some great pizzas as well as some good beers.

Be sure to visit the Lowell observatory after dark, where they let you look through the big telescopes -- it was trained on Jupiter the night we were there.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cadillac22
Reviewed 3 October 2010

If only all hotels could be like this. Nothing special, but nothing wrong either, and the price was spot on. Close enough to the freeway, but not too close to be affected by it. I will chose this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 September 2010

We thought this hotel was more than adaquate for a one night stay. I really liked the table/desk system with the power strip attached, as it was easy to plug all my electronics in for charging. Being on the third floor with a dog is a little odd as you have to wait for the elevator to get down and outside.The room was spacious and clean. and it had no odors. The bright start breakfast was a little disapointing, it was a Sunday and very busy, they only had bagels, toast, waffles, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, and cereals. I know other La Quinta's have bacon or sasuage, scrambled eggs, bisqiuts and gravy as well as the other things.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2010

Pros: Hotel appeared clean, my room was spacious, towels were adequate, fitness equipment was adequate, and the front desk staff was pleasant to deal with.

Cons: I wanted to check in early but was not allowed. I have never been denied an early check-in (except for Vegas) so maybe my past experiences have me spoiled. The printer ink on the communal computer/printer was barely legible when I printed a document. The A/C in my room did not work. The slider window in my room would not stay open. The bathroom doors I have never seen anything similar to them for a bathroom. They are basically a saloon style door with a gap in the middle is the best way I can think to explain them right now, so if you are sharing a room with anyone other than your intimate partner it could be a bit awkward. My bed sheet had a foreign brown substance on the corner where your head would be close. I don't use coffee pots in hotel rooms but if any of you do then I think the coffee pot directly next to the toilet is gross, ever heard of toilet flush over spray? Ya, gross. The fitness room had no clean towels. If you love to carbo load for breakfast in the morning then this breakfast is for you, waffles, toast, muffins, cereal, bagels, and some other bread type product. I am pretty confident there was no protein readily available and I don't remember seeing any fruit outside of bananas and some apples over loaded with wax. Honestly it was on par with a days inn breakfast.

Did I complain about any of these things, no. I'm not the complaining type unless it absolutely calls for it but overall I would have to say the price was not worth the price of admission. If you pay anymore than $90 you MIGHT be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2010

There was no complaints about the hotel, very clean and modern, excellent waffles for breakfast, and accomadating to the pets. Comfortable beds, nice view. Perfect place to stay a couple of days, quiet. Unfortunately we only had one night. For the price it was perfect

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed 18 June 2010

The reservation rate was $109.00 for a basic room. They charged us King Suite rate, but no microwave, or fridge. Girl at the front desk stated the hotel is almost full so we can charge what we want.
When we got to the room, the door was unlocked and opened. Front desk said they would check it out, never heard from them again,
Called the La Quinta Rewards member number and they were no help.
I've stayed at many La Quinta and never been treated like this. Corporate needs to take a look at who is running this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple