“Flagstaff, AZ”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Flagstaff
Ranked #14 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Very good location, easy access to interstate and local restaurants. Room was clean and well kept. Internet was slow, and could use a hard line connection. Staff was very helpful, and attentive and very customer oriented. Overall, great place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jonathan H, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Jacob,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We are glad you noticed that we are very customer oriented. Please accept my sincere apologies in regards to the Wi-Fi being slow. My company and I are working hard to get this fixed.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Reasonably good accommodations. Quiet. No wall thermostat. Not easy to spot from any major road. Breakfast good for a motel. Rooms rather standard for motels in this price range. We have stayed here several times because of location.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jonathan H, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

John,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We hope next time you choose to stay with us we are able to exceed your previous expectations. My team and I work really hard to accommodate every guest. Again, thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Recently stayed here for a 2-night trip to Flagstaff. The room was very clean with comfortable beds, and was extremely quiet (heard nothing through the walls, and almost nothing from the hallway). Breakfast was good, staff were helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback. I am glad we were able to make your stay as comfortable and convenient as possible. Our whole Hampton team look's forward to seeing you next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Nice little suite room, great a/c, nice furnishings, great bed, lots of towels, good pressure in shower head! Only thing I did not like was that the hotel is in a sketchy area it's better to park near the entrance of the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Cheryl,

Thank you for your honest feedback. I'm glad that we were able to accommodate your needs. Flagstaff is the first international dark sky city, but it's a very safe community with a low crime rate even in our area. Next time you visit us at 7000 ft, we would love to have you!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Despite a HHonors reservation, the reserved room was given to someone else earlier in the day. It took a while but the receptionist managed to locate another room. HHonors status was not accommodated. In addition, the toilet would not flush until after several attempts. The problem was reported and given to maintenance. We were not there when maintenance arrived, if they arrived, because the problem was not resolved.

William,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I apologize that you were inconvenienced at check in and that you had issues with the toilet. My team and I are working very hard to correct this issue by insuring that all staff members are trained properly. Next time you are in Flagstaff, we would love the opportunity to make a better impact on your travels.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Overall, a nice property. We found the front desk staff to be very nice and presentable. The hotel was clean as was the room and quiet. The only drawback was a weird smell from the cleaning products used in the room and stiff sheets. The breakfast is typical of most of these properties, and the girl supporting it was very attentive to keeping the food stocked and the area clean.This hotel is pretty close to any where you want to go around Flagstaff.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jonathan H, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write us a review. I'm glad you found our staff to your liking. They truly are the backbone to this property! I'll be sure to share your feedback with them and address the areas we could improve on. Again, thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed here for a short business trip combined with local sightseeing. The hotel's location provides quick access to both northbound and southbound highways - ideal for visitors who want to check out the areas north (Grand Canyon and Navajo reservation) and south (Oak Creek Canyon and Sedona) of Flagstaff. I haven't stayed in many Hampton Inns but I was impressed with this one from the start. At check-in I was greeted with freshly baked cookies. The service was excellent and I had no complaints whatsoever about my room which was on the second floor. Wifi (no extra charge) worked perfectly in my room throughout my stay. The breakfast offerings included waffles, pastries, bagels, muffins, fruits, juices, milk and cereals, yogurt, granola, oatmeal, and hot eggs/bacon/sausage. I sampled most of these during my stay and was satisfied with the quality. I don't know how the prices range throughout the year, but in July this hotel was a great value for what you get. I would definitely stay here again if I return to Flagstaff.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for the great review. Here at the Hampton Inn Flagstaff we insure that our team is trained to the highest standards in order to provide the very best service. If you are ever in Flagstaff again , we'd be more than happy to have you again.