“Hampton Inn on Route 66”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Flagstaff
Ranked #11 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
colorado springs, United States
“Hampton Inn on Route 66”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Room was clean, it had a little kitchenette. Bed was comfortable. Bath was clean. Great staff and location. Staff was familiar with restaurants and surrounding area. The staff gave great directions. The staff was also prepared with incidentals that we forgot to pack.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jonathan H, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Flagstaff, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Dear Robert,

Thank you for the positive feedback! We love hearing that the staff was prepared to accommodate your needs. Happy guests make a happy hotel. Please visit us next time you are in the area.

Jonathan Harris

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
San Luis Obispo, CA
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Family visits in the west seem to frequently take us through Arizona, and Flagstaff is about a day's drive, so we have stayed at several locations in Flagstaff with decent freeway access. I have a 'favorite' hotel there but it was booked up.

The Hampton Inn is a reasonable choice. The room & amenities were fine (the refrigerator chilled down our in-car soda and sandwich supplies). The room was quiet for sleeping & the bed comfortable. Room temperature easy to control. They must have been close to a full house that night - it is summer vacation. But parking was reasonably close to the entrance, there was only a short wait for check-in and no slowdown getting away the next morning.

A reasonable included breakfast as well - with enough space for the small crowd eating when we did. A gas station is across the parking lot (with a convenience store) and several restaurants are in walking distance.

Room Tip: Our room looked out on the highway access road but was very quiet. It happened to face East which m...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank CACoastTraveler
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. It is unfortunate that our rooms did not exceed your expectations. Your feedback will help my team and I improve the quality of our rooms and amenities. If you are ever in the area, we would love to serve you again.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed at this Hampton because of central location and have always liked others I've stayed at. Staff was super friendly and helpful through the whole stay. The room felt cramped with the furniture it had and the bed was horribly uncomfortable.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am sorry you found our Hampton standard beds to be uncomfortable. We appreciate your feedback and will take your comments into consideration. Again, thank you.

San Diego, California
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Driving back to San Diego from Denver (after a long detour through the Navajo nation) and this hotel was conveniently located in east Flagstaff. While on a road break, I remembered "Flagstaff = choking summer Grand Canyon crowds", so I reserved the room ahead of time. Bit more expensive than I usually want to spend when I'm traveling solo, and when I just need a "bed for the night", but I wanted something very comfortable and quiet for the remaining 9hr drive home through a very hot desert. This Hampton Inn really lived up to the Hilton name.

Check in was painless and front desk staff were very friendly. She made a point to put me up on the 3rd (top) floor so the stomping feet of vacation children wouldn't be a nuisance (good thinking!!!). The room was very clean, had a nice work desk, and the bed was exactly what I wanted.

Out of the ordinary was my room's AC was not functioning. Was not a problem, front desk person came up, confirmed, moved me to a new room immediately.

Nice bathroom, shower and Neutrogena grooming products. Had a nice soak in the hot tub too! The room was very quiet, except for one inconsiderate idiot checking in very late decided slamming his room door several times was appropriate for midnight, but I can't fault the hotel for that.

Breakfast is a step above continental, including fresh waffles. Dining area at 7:30AM was crowded with families and over-excited children, so retreated with my breakfast to the room and a USA Today newspaper. I haven't read a paper newspaper in a long time, that was nice!

The WiFi, which was complimentary (and I think this and the Garden Inn are the only Hilton name hotels that give you WiFi free), actually worked. Was a bit slow at times, but the connection remained stable. This is very, very important to me (and marks the hotel as good for business travelers).

I would recommend this hotel for travelers such as I, as the Hampton Inn has always been very good for what I want!

Room Tip: If traveling solo, or with your SO and looking for solitude from vacation family noise, tell the fro...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Skorzy
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the Hampton Inn family, I'd like to thank you for your honest feedback. My team works hard to provide our guests a stress-free experience. I am happy you found our hotel convenient. When ever you are in the Flagstaff area again, we'd love to have you.

Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed 7 August 2014

After a long day of driving from Las Vegas, visiting the Grand Canyon and out-running a major thunderstorm, we arrived at this property quite late. The lady at the counter was very nice, didn't seem like she would go too far out of her way to help but was pleasant none-the less. The beds were comfy and starting to wind down a west coast trip, it was truly a great rest-over stop. It was also close to Montezuma's Castle (about an hour away), which was pretty awesome. It's also about the same distance from the Grand Canyon.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Jonathan H, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Flagstaff, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Howard,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience on TripAdvisor. I am glad we made your travels comfortable. It's unfortunate that you found our customer service to be average, because customer service is what we pride ourselves in. Again, thank you for bringing this to my attention. I will discuss your review with my team to insure that every guest is treated like the guest of honor.

Irvine, California
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed here this last weekend and while the prices were outrageous the staff did a really good job of providing a good stay. Aarin and Kandice in particular were awesome. The two were always smiling and did their best to make the guests smile during breakfast--which is greatly appreciated first thing in the morning. I would stay here again if the prices weren't so high...

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Jonathan H, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Flagstaff, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Leeroy,

We appreciate your honest feedback. I will make sure Kandice and Aarin are recognized for their warm hospitality. Team members like them are what make the difference in our guest's experience. Again, thank you for sharing your review with us. We look forward to serving you in your next stay.

Prescott, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We were very happy with hotel. I was there to have a surgery at the Summit Surgery Center. Was very close to center. Very clean, would stay there again. My daughter eat the breakfast, so may choices she had trouble deciding what to eat.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Lori,

We are happy to hear that we made your travels to Flagstaff enjoyable.My team and I work hard to keep the hotel clean and the breakfast area full of variety. Please stop by and visit us next time you are in the Flagstaff area.