“This is the best hotel!!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Flagstaff
Ranked #13 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed 8 July 2009

I have stayed at many a Hampton Inn and this, hands down, was the most positive experience my family has ever had! The hotel was the most well kept with the most hardworking staff. The bedding was very comfortable.. the best rest I've had away from home. Very quiet location. Great breakfast choices. Nice indoor pool with hot tub. The staff were extremely helpful with every request we made. I can't say enough about them..THANKS!!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Flagstaff

Reviewed 4 June 2009

We stayed here for a one night stay on our way to the Grand Canyon. The hotel is very convienent to I-40 and 89. I was disappointed when our room was next to the elevator on the third floor, but noise was not really a problem. This was also on a night when I know the hotel was completely booked. The only noise we encountered was from the trains that seemed to run non-stop while we were awake, but they didn't keep me from falling to sleep. That being said I grew up near tracks as a child.

Overall the hotel was clean, safe, offered a decent breakfast and value wise was decent for the area and the holiday weekend. I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank charlottehokie00
Reviewed 27 April 2009

The hotel itself is fine but if you are looking for a king bed for two....good luck. They have only 6 rooms with kings and they are twice the price. We got two queens which of course are much smaller than the standard queen so to avoid killing each other, my husband & I had our own bed. I kinda felt like we were at camp but did sleep well. :-) The staff at check-in were just ok. Very very young and way more interested in some guys laptop that happened to be at the counter. We got lucky and got a street room with very little train noise. The room was very clean, shower was wonderful and the TV was large. Overall a good stay but not sure I would come back because of the double price to get a king bed. Breakfast was the average Hampton fare but we always eat it. Too bad they don't have the Holiday Inn Express cinnamon rolls. :-)

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank baker7493
Reviewed 4 April 2009

We went to flagstaff for a ski trip to snowbowl. This is the first time I had stayed in a Hampton Inn in a long time. I was apprehensive, but this hotel was very nice and extremely clean. The free continental breakfast was also very good. We had a suite with 2 queen beds, the living room had a fold out sofa. They have not upgraded to flat screen televisions, but the older models weren't that bad. TVs were in both rooms. The hotel also had free wireless Internet which was great. Regardless of which hotel in Flagstaff you stay in you'll probably hear the train, it's not that bad.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank AZyoung
Reviewed 25 October 2008

This hotel is right near a train track. Guests can hear the whistles from freight trains during the night, and I found it very annoying. If you're going to stay in Flagstaff, you're better off staying at a hotel near NAU. As for the hotel itself, it was unexceptional--below average compared with most Hampton Inns where I have stayed.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Section426
Reviewed 12 October 2008

I agree with a previous poster, this Hampton Inn is not as nice as other Hampton Inns we have stayed in. We thought we would be away from the railroad but we were right next to the freeway. Our room had a connecting door and we could clearly hear the kids and baby in the room next door. Spicy sausage and French toast sticks for breakfast, no eggs, not even hard boiled.
On the plus side, we got a good rate, there were several restaurants close by, and the location was very convenient.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MarianReader
Reviewed 11 October 2008

Did not help, would not honor a valid coupon. went next door.

• Stayed: October 2008