“Great exterior, Average interior”

Hampton Inn & Suites Flagstaff
Ranked #8 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed 19 March 2013

The exterior of the hotel fits the area and theme of Flagstaff well. It looks like a lodge on the outside, but the rooms are very plain and average. They certainly weren't dirty and I wouldn't mind staying here again if I was in the area, but the rooms could be so much fun if the management put some lodge/western decor in them.

The male employee at the front desk was very friendly and accomodating.

Great free breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Flagstaff

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Thanks so much to Claudia for her kind help and really going out of her way to make sure we had breakfast at 4am! This is the kind of service that is so rare to find these days. It was a real treat and we will stay here again if we are ever in the Flagstaff area again. Claudia was super awesome, thoughtful and deserves a raise! Thanks Claudia!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Choose this hotel for the indoor pool for the kids. Rooms were nice and clean. The main breakfast area was being remodeled at the time so we had breakfast in the one of the conference rooms. Standard breakfast, nothing special. I did like the oatmeal option. One of the employees was making all the waffles for everyone which I thought was very nice since I usually have to stand there guarding my kids waffles until their ready. Kids enjoyed having hot cocoa in the evening after they went swimming. I liked having the hot herbal tea.
Great location. Next to Del Taco, Sizzler, Kohls, Walmart and other restaurants. If you like Greek food try Taverna just up the street. I would defintely stay here again.

Room Tip: We requested away from elevators, main entrance and a top floor. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank lakepowellmom
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Worked great for me! They were remodeling the lobby but took extra care to make me comfortable & happy. The breakfast was great with goo selections & a friendly helpful staff. I needed extra pillows & they brought them right up. Since I travel alone it's important to feel safe at a hotel & I surely did at the Hampton .

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Stopped here for a night before I had orientation at NAU. It was a great stay and the hotel was really nice. The prices were decent for the area and I was able to use points to upgrade. The pool/spa was really warm and breakfast was a great start.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 February 2013

We recently stayed here for a visit to visit NAU with our entire family. I called and spoke to Megan to reserve the room as we had a discount code and couldn't use it online. I also wanted to book a top floor. Megan was nice and helpful and I hung up feeling very pleased.
I had to call back a week before our visit and request a second room and again talked to Megan who was even able to keep both rooms together.
Due to us having to leave later than I thought I called the day of our stay to let them know we wouldn't be in until almost midnight. Again they were great.
We ended up arriving at midnite and were checked in by Clarence (or something close) who was so cheerful and helpful so late at night. Definitely not your typical night shift reception. He gave us done insight on travel times and wake up times for our weekend and was very helpful.
Our rooms were lovely, breakfast each morning was great and my kids enjoyed using the gym which had nothing broken or out of order.
We would absolutely stay here again. Thank you Hampton for making a long drive more pleasant!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 8 February 2013

We arrived after dark and went to the desk. There was someone in front of us but no one acknowledged that we were there. The prices were higher then some but the rooms were in definite need of update. Breakfast was adequate. Would probably not choose this place again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family