“DON'T STAY AT THIS HOTEL. THEY DO NOT DELIVER WHAT IS PROMISED.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Flagstaff
Ranked #8 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Flagstaff, Arizona
“DON'T STAY AT THIS HOTEL. THEY DO NOT DELIVER WHAT IS PROMISED.”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I would give it zero star rating if there is one. I called this hotel and booked 2 nites for our spring break.I had specifically asked for a room away from the freeway. I was told no problem. When I arrived that evening, I was giving the last room facing the freeway. Asked for a room change that very evening, was told no problem, they have rooms available the next day to make that change. The next morning, I followed up and requested for a room change and was told by Josh it would not be an issue, my room facing the North side of the hotel would be available when I return from Grand Canyon. I had specifically mentioned to both receptionist my suitcases would be packed and left in the existing room, I had asked if that would be an issue. I was assured both times no problems. When I returned from my visit from Grand canyon, I was told most of the guest had extended their stay and there was no available room and that the Manager of the hotel did not approve the change. This was totally BS. They should have told me in the first case, I would have checked ourselves OUT of this dump and into a Mariott where I always stay. NEVER will we put up at a Hampton Inn ever!!!! BAD experience at this hotel.

Room Tip: Mariott provides better customer service.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Our fifth floor suite with a view of the San Francisco Peaks was spotlessly clean, quiet and very comfortable. The staff was exceptionally helpful and friendly from the front desk to the breakfast room, housekeeping and maintenance. The breakfasts were quite good with a variety served every morning. We were able to eat gluten-free. The easily accessible pool area was as clean as the rest of this hotel. Located just off I-17 and 89A, the hotel is within walking distance of the local eateries as well as a service station just across the parking lot. From the moment we entered, we felt at home.

Room Tip: Get a suite if you want a quiet, roomy stay with fully equipped kitchen and sitting room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew C
Inver Grove Hts, United States
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Was towing my vehicle from California to Minnesota, they had parking areas to accomodate my vehicles, and the appearance of the main entrance was phenomenal! The staff was great, and there were plenty of eating options all in the same parking location…Awesome experience!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Steven M
Shawano, United States
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Overall very good. We stayed in Hampton Inns whenever we could. We covered 11 states and over 5,000 miles in 7 weeks. Hamptons are our favorite. We prefer the older type comforters to these new lumpy and heavier ones. Perhaps we just got the "winter" ones. ???

santa fe, United States
Reviewed 3 April 2014

As we all know chain hotels often vary in quality given their location. A Hampton in Scottsdale will generally offer better amenities than in Flagstaff so we take this consideration. This Hampton is relative new. It offers great access to I40, the University and downtown activities. The rooms are clean and for the most part quiet. The staff was helpful and friendly. Negatives are the bathroom toiletries, no glassware anywhere in the hotel (only paper cups unless you get a suite) and not so appetizing breakfast served in a cold dining room. We would recommend this hotel if you are not too particular.

Las Cruces
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We were traveling and passing through Flgstaff, AZ and decided to spend the night there. As Hilton Honor members, called the 800 number and made reservations or a Hilton property just off IH 40. The reservations were made and when we arrived at the Hampton, our room was ready. Right next to the hAMPTON ARE TWO SERVICE STATIONS AND SEVERAL RESTAURANTS, VERY CONVENIENT FOR QUICK SUPPER AND FUEL FOR THE CAR. tHE HOTEL WAS EXCELLENT IN EVERY ASP4CT TO INCLUDE iNTERNET CONNECTION. Our stay was very nice and every staff hotel member was excepionally nice and pleasant. We enjoyed our brief overnight stay.

1 Thank Robert W
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Driving up from Phoenix to Flagstaff we enjoyed a variety of Cardón Cacti on Interstate 17. Temperature in mid-March dropped from about 85 to 56 as we arrived in Flagstaff. Wearing shorts we were glad to check into the Hampton Inn & Suites and get some hot Chocolate. As a Hilton Honors Gold member we received a choice of snacks upon check in. I chose a dark stone ground Chocolate Mexicano. Check in was efficient and the room was clean and freshly made up. Couldn't wait to jump in the bed.

We always feel like we are home when we arrive at a Hampton Inn and this one was no different. Had a chance to use the Fitness Room and got a good workout on the Precor treadmill.

Breakfast as usual was complimentary and a good variety. Making a waffle is always so easy. And as a Gold Hilton Honors member Wi-Fi is also complimentary. And that always comes in handy to plan your outings.

This hotel is not far from the Coconino National Forest and The San Francisco Peaks are great for photographing. You are close to the Lowell Observatory and the Downtown area where they have some historical displays. Well on to route 66 and our next adventure.