“Wow! Spacious hotel with top notch customer service!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Flagstaff
Ranked #8 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed 21 April 2010

The front desk here was a bit busy when we arrived, but we were given our keys promptly by Koltan, a super nice front desk attendant, who gave us the lowdown about the pool, breakfast, etc. We were so impressed when we opened our hotel door and realized that it was a very spacious suite with separate kitchen with bar seating, a room with it's own door, spacious bathroom and separate double-sink area and living room with pull-out couch, flatscreen TV and DVD player. There was another TV in the bedroom, and plenty of room to spread out and move around.

The space was the biggest plus for us, since we were roadtripping for 40-days, and after traveling in a van for hundreds of miles each day, any space is a plus. The kids were able to watch movies and play in the pool.

The hotel was full, so the pool and hot tub was busy, as was the breakfast, so we opted for the bagged breakfasts-to-go. The hotel is in close proximity to shopping and restaurants, but bear in mind that this hotel has a parking problem. If you don't get there early, you won't get a space. If you leave your space to go to dinner, you won't get a space. You will end up having to park by the gas station, which I didn't want to do, so once I found a space, we didn't move, so we ordered Chinese for delivery.

This hotel is a terrific stopover for Sedona and the Grand Canyon. Just expect the parking issue. Everything else is GREAT. You will love the space if you get a suite. Ours was a complimentary upgrade on a rewards stay - can't beat that!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank gracegarden
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Flagstaff

Reviewed 15 April 2010

As a designer of several hotels, I look at things differently than the average guest such as how things are constructed and designed. While the staff and the layout were very nice, I thought there were several things that could have been improved upon.

First off, the room entry doors take a lot of effort to close tightly. I would guess that I left my door ajar at least three times before realizing that I had to use a lot of effort to make sure it was closed tight. Even if I let the door close by itself, which always is enough to slam the door closed tightly in other hotels, it would still remain slightly ajar. It sounded like this wasn't an isolated incident on my door either as I could here other guests doing the same. So, guests staying here beware of this fact and make sure your door is closed tightly.

Secondly, the toilet paper dispenser was on the wall behind the toilet which made it impossible to use. I had to remove the roll beforehand every time I wanted to use it. Usually the dispensers are located in the apron of the vanity alongside the toilet. Not a huge deal, but I shouldn't need to be a contortionist.

I also found it strange that there was only one way in and out of the hotel, but given the site constraints I guess that's the way it had to be. There are also a couple other minor technical construction issues that I'll leave off this review.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I took advantage of the complimentary breakfast all four mornings during my stay at various times of the morning. Three of the four times the main hot food item was either empty or very close to empty. Despite being in a room all the way at the end of the hall, the wireless high speed internet was pretty quick, which was unexpected.

Would I stay here again? Probably, but I think I'd try the Hampton on the east side of Flagstaff first.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank rspetti
Reviewed 9 April 2010

Very clean, quiet, and comfortable. We were impressed

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 March 2010

Staff was very friendly and helpful. We got a nice upgrade to a suite with a full kitchen and fireplace on the top floor with a mountain view thanks to Hilton VIP Diamond status. The pool and hot tub looked great, but was a little crowded for us. The hotel was pretty much booked due to spring break. Breakfast offered enough choices and the coffee was great anytime during our two day stay.
The location is excellent coming up from Sedona via 89A and Oak Creek Canyon. From here it's a beautiful drive via 180 to the Grand Canyon and then a nice easy drive coming back on 89A with a convenient stop at Sunset Crater.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2010

I traveled all the way from Montreal with 2 of my colleagues and a group of 23 high school students. We visited San Francisco, Los Angeles and finished with a visit to the Grand Canyon. After visiting it, we stayed at this Hampton inn and suites. Everyone was enchanted with this hotel. The rooms were clean, we had a plasma television, a pool and a spa, free wi-fi, 2 computers with free access to the internet and beautiful public spaces where you can get free breakfast.

We stayed at 2 Hampton inn during this vacation and they impressed me. You don't pay outrageous prices and you get a clean room with comfortable beds!

I would stay in Hampton inns anytime in the future!

• Stayed: February 2010
2  Thank cricri7
Reviewed 16 February 2010

I really wanted to give this place a four star. After all, it's a decent place. However, here's my pros and cons:
Pros: Clean, huge suite with living area, bedroom, and small kitchen. As a matter of fact, there are two TVs, so if you want to watch one program and your spouse/traveling partner wants to watch another (as was the case with my husband and I), you can. This suite also has a nice sized bathroom. And lastly, they have decent wifi.
Cons: Sparse breakfast. We arrived at the complimentary "full" breakfast 20mins before closing and found that it was out of just about everything, except for toast, eggs, juice, milk, yogurt, and cereal. So either get there early, eat somewhere else, or plan to be hungry.
Sparse parking. If you arrive late to the hotel, expect to park by the Sizzler or gas station. The parking area is WAY too small for the size of that hotel.
Also, there was one big con. The suites didn't have central air. Instead, there are two separate wall heating/cooling units installed. One for the bedroom and the other for the living area. And there is NO thermostat! So, neither myself, nor my husband could get decent sleep. Turn it on (regardless of setting) and it will run all night. It is noisy AND since there is no thermostat, it will progressively heat the room, until it is an oven (or you turn it off). Once you turn the heater off, the room gets really cold. Therefore, we were tossing and turning all night. And bad heat/cooling unit + no sleep = grumpy reviewers. If it weren't for the heating unit, three of the above six categories would've been rated either 4 or 5 and this hotel would've gotten a bonefide four star.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank spiderwoman23
Reviewed 11 January 2010

As a member of Hilton Honors we stay here when visiting this area of Arizona.
We have stayed at this location at least six different times.
The facility is well maintained and has various types of rooms.
People who use Hilton Points receive the lesser quality rooms than those who do not.
The breakfast is fine.
The employees have always been pleasant and responsive.
There are also multiple restaurants that you can walk to (don't have to drive).
I would recommend this facility.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family