“Good Value”

Ranked #14 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Good Value”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Was pleasantly surprised. Nice basic hotel. Friendly staff, clean rooms and free breakfast. Room was a little bigger than expected. When we were there, the back door was broken so there was only 1 way in or out. We were on the second floor and there was no elevator which made bringing our things into the room a little more challenging.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Hamman2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
SAINT PAUL
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This would have been an average stay at an average hotel, except for the fact that two people tried to enter my room (and one succeeded) with room keys during my stay. One woman tried repeatedly to enter my room after midnight, because the front desk had written MY room number on her key card. The next day, a maintenance man entered my room WITHOUT KNOCKING, and with his own key card. I was dressing, and if the chain latch hadn't stopped the door from opening, he would have walked right in. I am a female and I was traveling alone, and this made me feel extremely vulnerable and unsafe. I left as soon as I was able to get out of there. I appreciate that the people at the front desk refunded all of my money for that stay, but I still feel the need to let other people know that this is not the safest place to stay in Flagstaff. If you do stay here, bolt the door and keep the latch on at all times.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
9 Thank VANESSA C
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I usually stay at the Comfort just up the street but this newly renovated Sleep Inn was $30 less and had great reviews so I gave it a spin. The place really does look good and the staff was very friendly. I believe I was put in a handicapped room because the bathroom was funky with two hand showers and a high bathtub. Some hotels will "upgrade" guests to a handicap room but I consider it a downgrade since things are at a wierd angle/height.
The only issues I had were with the extremely slow internet and the TV remote. The cable carrier needs to be changed if this is the remote they issue. In order to change channels you must key in the channel, then a dash, then 1. For example, channel 35 is 35-1. There was no instruction on doing this; I just played around until I found the formula. Also, the clock radio had a broken radio. Only the clock worked. The back door lock is broken so anybody can walk into the hallway at any hour.
I give this hotel a 4 rating because they are trying to do things correctly. It's nice to have a caring property that is not breaking your budget. I'll stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This is a nice, clean, midline hotel with a great staff. They responded quickly to a few little problems and got us in before check in time to accommodate our schedule. The location is convenient to the highway and the Walmart (right across the street), so if you are passing thru this is your spot. Several restaurants are within walking distance.

Room Tip: Parking is somewhat limited for nights when they are booked, but ask when you arrive and they will f...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

We booked here after reading all the good reviews plus the price was reasonable. We arrived about a half hour before check in and were told our room wasn't ready yet. However, we didn't get our room until about 15 minutes after check in. The room was updated and cozy. Very clean. We had a comfortable king bed. Only negatives are that the room was very small. It was fine for a short time. We travel light so didn't have much stuff. The room was very well organized to make the most of the space they had. The other negative was that our air conditioner didn't work. Wasn't a big deal because it was not hot. We didn't notice it until we woke up during the night.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank petsitter
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at the Sleep Inn, Flagstaff. The hotel had just completed a top to bottom remodel. All I can say is 'Wow' . The rooms were beautifully decorated, the color scheme soothing to the weary traveler. The swimming pool and spa have been totally revamped, inviting you to take a dip. The staff were first class and their service was great, I recommend this hotel to all travelers.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We were VERY happy with our stay at the sleep inn! First off, the decor was very nice with a modern flare. The breakfast was delicious. We had bacon and waffles (we're on vacation so its allowed)! The hotel was clean and looked brand new. The staff was very friendly and willing to offer assistance in any way. We will definitely be staying here next time we're traveling through Flagstaff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends